User Tag List

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, just wondering, what does your diet consist of?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey man, just wondering, what does your diet consist of?
    It consists of organic, whole foods. No gluten. No grains. No legumes. No dairy. I also don’t do egg whites, tomatoes, cacao, mushrooms, or pork (for whatever reason, these are the foods that I irrationally stay away from & theyre just not even worth trying to incorporate rn). The only processed foods that I’ve eaten that I can think of are dried fruits (goji berries, dates, mangos), a shitload of sunflower seed butter, a shitload of coconut shavings, coconut milk w/o emulsifiers, some siete grain free chips occasionally, and like two pints of coconut bliss Madagascar vanilla (I eat a lot of coconut, probably not good for me). I make my own almond milk too, just straight almonds, that I use in like a sunflower seed/Goji berry cereal or my smoothies.

My breakfast typically consists of a meat (usually leftovers) heated in ghee and cooked with like half an onion and a lot of garlic. I eat half an onion and probably 6-7 cloves of minced garlic a day. Don’t ask me why, I just like it that way. Good for sulfur intake or something. I’ll also usually eat whatever leftover veggies I have from the night before. On top of that, I’ll have two large forkfuls of sauerkraut/kimchi. 2x a week I eat chicken liver. I also eat 3-4 egg yolks 2-3x a week.

I usually eat an apple (honeycrisp only, on god) and a raw carrot for a snack after breakfast and before lunch.

For lunch, it’s a salad. I rotate types of greens/salad mixes weekly for variation. I typically add 2 Brazil nuts and a can of sardines to it, followed by some peppers/olives/other vegetables that make sense. Sometimes walnuts &or sunflower seeds. Olive oil. Salt & pepper.

Dinner is some sort of variation of meats and vegetables, with a sweet potato or a squash added in for backloading.

I also have a green shake, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night. These things are massive and should probably be considered a meal in and of themselves. my base always includes a handful of spinach, celery/cucumber or fennel/zucchini, 3tbsp of hemp hearts or 2tbsp of flax, a thumb sized piece of turmeric & ginger, 2 scoops of vital proteins collagen, cinnamon, coconut milk. From there, I add in different fruits, (blueberries&beets, kiwis/avocados/pineapple, etc etc. I do go light on fruit though, as fructose is really bad for you, especially in highly absorbable, blended form). I also add in more vegetables like broccoli, kale, red cabbage, etc. I have a few recipes that I’ve dialed, but I continue to experiment. Other than that, I steam all of the veggies every other day before I blend them to reduce oxalates & things like that.

This is probably more than you asked for, and I’m sorry to not synthesize it more cohesively for you. I’m probably forgetting some things too. Thanks for the question, let me know if you have any more man! (Or any suggestions, too)
    Last edited by Ratchet; 04-14-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    It consists of organic, whole foods. No gluten. No grains. No legumes. No dairy. I also don’t do egg whites, tomatoes, cacao, mushrooms, or pork (for whatever reason, these are the foods that I irrationally stay away from & theyre just not even worth trying to incorporate rn). The only processed foods that I’ve eaten that I can think of are dried fruits (goji berries, dates, mangos), a shitload of sunflower seed butter, a shitload of coconut shavings, coconut milk w/o emulsifiers, some siete grain free chips occasionally, and like two pints of coconut bliss Madagascar vanilla (I eat a lot of coconut, probably not good for me). I make my own almond milk too, just straight almonds, that I use in like a sunflower seed/Goji berry cereal or my smoothies.

My breakfast typically consists of a meat (usually leftovers) heated in ghee and cooked with like half an onion and a lot of garlic. I eat half an onion and probably 6-7 cloves of minced garlic a day. Don’t ask me why, I just like it that way. Good for sulfur intake or something. I’ll also usually eat whatever leftover veggies I have from the night before. On top of that, I’ll have two large forkfuls of sauerkraut/kimchi. 2x a week I eat chicken liver. I also eat 3-4 egg yolks 2-3x a week.

I usually eat an apple (honeycrisp only, on god) and a raw carrot for a snack after breakfast and before lunch.

For lunch, it’s a salad. I rotate types of greens/salad mixes weekly for variation. I typically add 2 Brazil nuts and a can of sardines to it, followed by some peppers/olives/other vegetables that make sense. Sometimes walnuts &or sunflower seeds. Olive oil. Salt & pepper.

Dinner is some sort of variation of meats and vegetables, with a sweet potato or a squash added in for backloading.

I also have a green shake, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night. These things are massive and should probably be considered a meal in and of themselves. my base always includes a handful of spinach, celery/cucumber or fennel/zucchini, 3tbsp of hemp hearts or 2tbsp of flax, a thumb sized piece of turmeric & ginger, 2 scoops of vital proteins collagen, cinnamon, coconut milk. From there, I add in different fruits, (blueberries&beets, kiwis/avocados/pineapple, etc etc. I do go light on fruit though, as fructose is really bad for you, especially in highly absorbable, blended form). I also add in more vegetables like broccoli, kale, red cabbage, etc. I have a few recipes that I’ve dialed, but I continue to experiment. Other than that, I steam all of the veggies every other day before I blend them to reduce oxalates & things like that.

This is probably more than you asked for, and I’m sorry to not synthesize it more cohesively for you. I’m probably forgetting some things too. Thanks for the question, let me know if you have any more man! (Or any suggestions, too)

Interesting, I've noticed there are plenty of different variations of diets people use so I was curious. But thanks for the detail! Haha. Your experience is very similar to mine so I was curious as to what kinda stuff you ate. Recently I decided to implement dairy back into my diet (lactose free) for the first time in years, shortly after I experienced about a 3 hour window where my brain fog lifted completely for the first time since last summer, it's since gone but it was very noticeable. My mind was like a flowing river where all my thoughts and ability to think was flowing, forgot what it felt like. Also, libido came back full force and is better than before. Bloating also improved dramatically. I've come to the conclusion that B vitamins are crucial, and they can be difficult to get, I know for a fact I wasn't getting enough B12 before I added dairy and tunafish. But since then I've stopped being so limited on my diet, as long as its "healthy" and paleo I'll eat it. Lately my brain fog is still there and I'm still living in somewhat of a dementia type state, but I've noticed that I have way more of my memories at my disposal. They seem to pop up randomly here and there and I kinda remember who I am and who I "was" before this more clearly. That's sadly how bad my brain fog is/was. But anyways, just my 2 cents that it's important to give your body what it needs, I personally think my diet was too limited because I only ate fruits, veggies and meat. That takes a ton of different nutrients out of the equation, and I was doing that for "Gut health" but my late experience has me believing that my body is craving nutrients and my gut isn't so much of an issue.

I was also curious because some of the things you list such as yellowish/jaundice hands, feeling cold or anemic, and maybe some other stuff I can't remember can possibly be attributed to low Vitamin B9 or B12. I experienced all of those first hand with low B vitamins, even before I took fin.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 04-14-2020 at 07:36 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed the same thing regarding my memory. As I start feeling more like myself again it's like my old memories "unlock" so to speak. Seems to happen in reverse chronological order too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaar View Post
    I've noticed the same thing regarding my memory. As I start feeling more like myself again it's like my old memories "unlock" so to speak. Seems to happen in reverse chronological order too.
    Same, the memories that are popping into my head are from when I was really young or teenage years. I haven't thought of them in so long I find myself thinking "That was me??" Or "I did that?" kinda like I forgot my life until now.