User Tag List

Threaded View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    In my experience at least, the longer you go and as you begin to start to feel better, you’ll stop thinking so hard about this sort of stuff and stop visiting doctors, researching symptoms, etc. Do what you have to, but you’ll get what I mean eventually, your mind is going down rabbit holes telling you you won’t get better unless you do X or Y, when in reality you’re on the right path and it’s really just down to time. Kinda like a guitar string, it gets plucked and goes back and forth and vibrates, just to eventually slow and slow until it stops completely and returns to normal.

But your right, PTSD and stress can cause crazy symptoms, which is why you gotta relax, get out of your head and live. Mindfulness is great for that. When your brain is searching for reassurance, that is almost always what you need to do the opposite of. It wants reassurance, the surge of dopamine/endorphins you get after reassuring yourself, and the more you allow your brain to get that satisfaction, the stronger the urges get and the more you begin googling, calling doctors, panicking, all of it. Cut those thoughts off at the head like a snake, be mindful and return back to the world around you and those fears will disappear. My 2 cents anyways based on my experience.
    I appreciate your insight. And I wholeheartedly agree with u.

Lately my progress has staggered after a long period of obvious improvements. Sorry for the rant, it's all just so frustrating. I just had a few weeks of intense nightmares and waking up screaming multiple times when this intense feeling of pure terror just bursts out of my heart.
    I mean, in the beginning of PFS I had anxiety attacks, brain fog, derealization and the works. But never this feeling of pure fear that just eats me up inside. I believe this has been of my own making. That's why I'm not sure I have PFS anymore, most of my sides have gone, it just feels like I'm replacing one problem with another. My PFS insomnia was my head just deciding to waking up numb and awake, as if it forgot what sleeping was. Now I wake up because my body can't control the fear I'm holding back during the day. Some days where I'm not as fearful I tend to sleep really well.
    Having some sort of clear confirmation that my hormones would indeed be ok would be a nice stepping stone to stop the constant worry and doubt. I mean, there might be a chance it is the case so why not investigate it. It feels I got double fucked by PFS and OCD.

Anyways, sorry bout the rant I just needed to get this of my chest.
    Last edited by Mojo; 03-13-2021 at 12:13 PM.