Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
You're a damn pilot? I couldn't think of a more stressful job to have while coping with PFS lol. Maybe a Physical Therapist is a somewhat close second
I’m not Mojo obviously so I can’t speak for him, but every commercial pilot I’ve known has said that the actual piloting aspect of the job is not stressful. (If you’re afraid of the plane, and a small percentage of pilots are, then you’re in the wrong business.)

Things like a single engine failure are extremely rare nowadays and might happen once in a career, if that. So the vast majority of the time, everything is very routine. Those rare emergencies are why they get paid the big bucks.

What can make it stressful is working odd shifts like redeye flights, and being away from your family. Until you build up seniority, you end up with the worst schedules. And then when you have enough flight hours to move up to one of the major airlines, you have to start all over again at the bottom of the seniority ladder. On the other hand, you only fly about 85 hours per month, so you have tons of time off every month.