User Tag List

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet_V2 View Post
    Hey man, I've been there too. I have freaked my parents out, multiple times. Go hug your mom. You will get better, it does have an end.

I experience insane pulsatile tinnitus in both my ears at random, where all of a sudden I'm temporarily deaf, and then a really loud ringing begins. Sometimes it lasts for 30 seconds, sometimes it lasts for 3 hours. It almost always marks the beginning of a downswing. I'm fortunate in this regard, as it's never stuck around any longer than that. The length of time between these episodes continually increases, and the downswings that follow are shorter and less intense. I'm sure you've tried everything, but I have always found that belly breathing and pushing it out of my mind significantly reduces the tinnitus and shortens it's duration. Keep that up. I don't want to come across condescending, but how many times a day do you plug a finger in your ear to check how the ringing is going? If you do, don't. It will only reinforce your condition and the aspect of stress that is contributing to it. I've come to truly appreciate the power of background stress, the kind that tricks you into thinking you have a handle on it, when in reality, the very act of giving it any consideration at all is the only thing that it needs to hinder your progress. I learned this with my HRV and resting HR. After fin, my HRV tanked to almost zero and stayed there for a long time. My resting HR jumped from 40 to 65 (these aren't exact, I'd have to go look at my log) and stayed there. I bought a whoop and an aura ring and tracked it every day. It only continued to get worse, and it was demoralizing, depressing, and it was always there. Eventually I said fuck it, its fucked and I'm done. I threw the whoop and aura in the trash and moved on to something else. Within two weeks, both returned to normal. My resting HR is back in the 40s, and I don't know what my HRV is but I don't care to check and I know it's probably back to what it was before fin. I can feel it in the mornings when I wake up. My heart isn't a fast and steady coke heart anymore; it's a variable, heavy horse heart. I wasn't doing anything differently except for not tracking it.

Anyways, this isn't my arena. It's not something I have to deal with everyday, so "pushing it out of your mind" is not an easy task, I know. If I can give you anything, its support and the reassurance that you will overcome this. All the best.
    Thanks Ratchet, I really really appreciate that you took the time to respond like that.

I don't plug a finger to verify the noise. In fact, if I do, I don't hear tinnitus (but rather just the typical conshell noise). This leads me to believe that I may not have tinnitus itself, but rather impareid hearing, perhaps from eustachian tube dysfunction or hyperacusis. I definitely used to have tinnitus (high pitch ringing). Now I simply have a big low sound in my left ear, with a slight high pitch ringing.

Perhaps its a positive sign that the noise and volume has changed since May. I really cross my fingers.

I don't know why I keep focusing on the tinnitus. I think it's because normal tinnitus is considered "permanent", so I tell myself it won't go away, even if mine is medication induced and can go away.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey looking for some vet advice.

It has now been 6 weeks since my last cycle (5 weeks of AlphaFour).I want to start a new cycle this Sunday, for 8 weeks. Should I do AlphaFour again, UltraHard, or a combination of both?

I don't have bloodtests to prove low E (my doctor refused...). I am simply worried that UH would tank my E and make me miserable. And for GABA improvements, I understood that Androsterone helps the most, which AlphaFour has more of.

I have 2 bottles of UltraHard, and 3,5 bottles of Alpha Four. Just looking for the best way to use those bottles for the next year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slept an hour less than usual and the ringing has intensified. I wish I talked about it less here, but there is something seriously wrong with my hearing and the uncertainty that it might stay scares the hell out of me. 9 months is a long time to endure intense ringing. But it got lower on multiple occasions so I keep faith.

- - - Updated - - -

To put some positivity here, here is a list of my solved symptoms vs. What I still struggle with:

SOLVED STUFF
    Soft muscles
    Burning muscles (when in same position for long)
    ED
    Genital numbness/rubbery penile skin
    Saggy scrotum
    Penile pain
    Painful ejaculation
    No hairs on calves
    No sweating/dry skin
    Insomnia
    Bad digestion
    Anhedonia
    Brainfog
    Panic attacks
    General anxiety
    Word stuttering
    Suicidal thoughts

REMAINING STUFF
    Low libido
    Tinnitus
    Premature ejaculation/weird penile sensitivity
    Anorgasmia
    Erect and flaccid size loss

- - - Updated - - -

This PFS downswing doubt is the worst.. I can objectively see the list getting shorter but I'm still worried the tinnitus will stay, or that my libido (and life) will never truly be like before

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Slept an hour less than usual and the ringing has intensified. I wish I talked about it less here, but there is something seriously wrong with my hearing and the uncertainty that it might stay scares the hell out of me. 9 months is a long time to endure intense ringing. But it got lower on multiple occasions so I keep faith.

- - - Updated - - -

To put some positivity here, here is a list of my solved symptoms vs. What I still struggle with:

SOLVED STUFF
    Soft muscles
    Burning muscles (when in same position for long)
    ED
    Genital numbness/rubbery penile skin
    Saggy scrotum
    Penile pain
    Painful ejaculation
    No hairs on calves
    No sweating/dry skin
    Insomnia
    Bad digestion
    Anhedonia
    Brainfog
    Panic attacks
    General anxiety
    Word stuttering
    Suicidal thoughts

REMAINING STUFF
    Low libido
    Tinnitus
    Premature ejaculation/weird penile sensitivity
    Anorgasmia
    Erect and flaccid size loss

- - - Updated - - -

This PFS downswing doubt is the worst.. I can objectively see the list getting shorter but I'm still worried the tinnitus will stay, or that my libido (and life) will never truly be like before
    Good list, man. It's important to remember how far we've come, especially when in a DS. Of course, we tend to think the worst when feeling like crap. I'm gonna start doing a list like that when I start getting negative. Do important to stay focused on. the positive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When to acupuncture to hopefully lower my tinnitus. 2 hours later it is now higher than before the consultation. Read online that sometimes its gets louder before going down. Also read it simply made some people's ringing louder.

This is hard to take mentally but I have to push forward.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, I read that it's normal after acupuncture to have worsening symptoms, fatigue and emotional release. It's signs the treatment is working

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dental cleaning spiked my tinnitus and sound sensitivity, and the vitamin B crash the next day made it a living hell.

Some of you might think I'm an overreacter but things are really bad right now. The sound sensitivity is so bad that I cannot go outside, and I need to wear plugs when showering or cooking. Hearing my own voice hurts. I don't know in which proportions the dentist and the crash contributed, but here I am.

The crash also made anxious, which doesn't help me deal with the situation. My sleep is no as good, I'm anxious, muscles are weak, I feel mentally off, dick is rubber and libido is gone. That would be a walk in the park if my ears allowed me to minimally function.

I don't want to demotivate people here because the protocol was working amazing. It's my mistake, my ears were weakened and I was dumb to accept a supersonic cleaning. And for the B crash, I just had to idea so I forgive myself. I know the protocol can fix this crash easy, but I don't know if my ears are fixable.

I'm tuning out of here until life becomes minimally bearable. I will continue the protocol. I genuinely hope I'll be back, thanks to everyone that helped me

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    The dental cleaning spiked my tinnitus and sound sensitivity, and the vitamin B crash the next day made it a living hell.

Some of you might think I'm an overreacter but things are really bad right now. The sound sensitivity is so bad that I cannot go outside, and I need to wear plugs when showering or cooking. Hearing my own voice hurts. I don't know in which proportions the dentist and the crash contributed, but here I am.

The crash also made anxious, which doesn't help me deal with the situation. My sleep is no as good, I'm anxious, muscles are weak, I feel mentally off, dick is rubber and libido is gone. That would be a walk in the park if my ears allowed me to minimally function.

I don't want to demotivate people here because the protocol was working amazing. It's my mistake, my ears were weakened and I was dumb to accept a supersonic cleaning. And for the B crash, I just had to idea so I forgive myself. I know the protocol can fix this crash easy, but I don't know if my ears are fixable.

I'm tuning out of here until life becomes minimally bearable. I will continue the protocol. I genuinely hope I'll be back, thanks to everyone that helped me
    My man - I’m not going to sugar coat this, you need to get your mental fortitude squared away above all. Tinnitus MAY be something you deal with in some fashion for the rest of your life. I have. I understand the GABA connection, etc. that a lot of people claim can cure it, but I’ve seen little of that be successful in my experience. I’ve had tinnitus for most of my adult life. They’re ringing now. Doesn’t phase me. Honestly the only time I notice it is going to sleep at first and first thing in the morning if I’m out in nature. Life goes on.

This obsession over tinnitus is not healthy. Focus on why you can control and continue doing it. Don’t mix things trying to “cure” tinnitus. When I was in a downswing, during PFS, my tinnitus was AWFUL. But you’ve gotta just dig deep and move past it. Worrying if a teeth cleaning ruined you for life is not the answer man. B vitamins will not ruin you for life.

Above all, if you think that we think you’re overreacting in this regard, and you’re really THIS bad due to your ears - you need to get checked out by an ENT doc. If you literally cannot go outside without being in pain, due to your ears - you need to get to an ENT doctor, immediately. This would be an absolute first due to PFS and/or related to PFS I’ve encountered. Tinnitus, yes - disabling ear pain/sensitivity, no.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    My man - I’m not going to sugar coat this, you need to get your mental fortitude squared away above all. Tinnitus MAY be something you deal with in some fashion for the rest of your life. I have. I understand the GABA connection, etc. that a lot of people claim can cure it, but I’ve seen little of that be successful in my experience. I’ve had tinnitus for most of my adult life. They’re ringing now. Doesn’t phase me. Honestly the only time I notice it is going to sleep at first and first thing in the morning if I’m out in nature. Life goes on.

This obsession over tinnitus is not healthy. Focus on why you can control and continue doing it. Don’t mix things trying to “cure” tinnitus. When I was in a downswing, during PFS, my tinnitus was AWFUL. But you’ve gotta just dig deep and move past it. Worrying if a teeth cleaning ruined you for life is not the answer man. B vitamins will not ruin you for life.

Above all, if you think that we think you’re overreacting in this regard, and you’re really THIS bad due to your ears - you need to get checked out by an ENT doc. If you literally cannot go outside without being in pain, due to your ears - you need to get to an ENT doctor, immediately. This would be an absolute first due to PFS and/or related to PFS I’ve encountered. Tinnitus, yes - disabling ear pain/sensitivity, no.
    Hey Max thanks for reaching out.

Indeed this obsession is toxic and I have a hard time with it. Over 9 months the ringing got better and recently I only heard it at night and morning, just like you. But now it's back like it used to be, ringing 24/7 over everything.

I really am this bad off regarding the sensitivity. I had some slight sensitivity with PFS (like car stereos or the metro), but since the dentist and the B, it's unlivable. For sure the dentist made it worse, but I really hope that it's the B that made it crazy. Because I can fix PFS stuff just like I did. Since the crash affected me on multiple fronts, I pray that tinnitus and sensitivity are among them.

I'm seing an ENT on Saturday, it's the earliest I could get. There is not much they can do for hyperacusis; the majority of people get better over 1-2 years.

I am also looking at my jaw issues because TMJ can cause hyperacusis. I will receive a custom nightguard in 1 week.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, just wanted to give an update, because people were nice to me when I felt completely hopeless.

For the most part, I have recovered from the second crash. No more anxiety/derealization, sleep is good, dick is less rubbery, and tinnitus has calmed down. Libido still lower.

The hyperacusis has calmed down too, but I still need to use earplugs to go to the grocery store or to take showers. The ENT told me that it's normal for a loud sound like dental cleaning to cause a huge spike in hyperacusis, even if it was initially caused by finasteride. It should go away in a few months.

The crash was horrible, but the hyperacusis spike is probably the craziest thing I encountered in my PFS journey. For a couple days, my own voice or just pouring a glass of water was way too painful and I needed plugs. Although I'm not exactly like pre-2ndcrash, I'm super grateful to be where I am.

Thank you to everyone that encouraged me through this crash. I completely lost my head and needed help. I am really grateful for that

- - - Updated - - -

Took about 8 days to feel better