User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    But like I said MOST, if not all cells use glucose for their primary energy source.
    And It's not false. ALL cells run on glucose and some amino acids. The brain may use ketones when it gets to that point, but the cells ALWAYS run on glucose.
    Yes, the above statements are false. The heart uses fatty acids for 90% of its energy demands and muscles at rest also use a considerable amount of fatty acids for energy demands.
    From Each Organ Has a Unique Metabolic Profile

From the above Biochemistry text:

In resting muscle, fatty acids are the major fuel, meeting 85% of the energy needs.

Moreover, the heart has virtually no glycogen reserves. Fatty acids are the heart's main source of fuel, although ketone bodies as well as lactate can serve as fuel for heart muscle. In fact, heart muscle consumes acetoacetate in preference to glucose.

Bro….you’re in the propecia section now….A section that I’ve been running for the past five years or so.
    No matter who runs the show, differing opinions are paramount to open discourse on a free and public forum.

I appreciate the help, but you have to understand your audience here.....Doing this....is just going to confuse already scared and confused guys.
    I don't know these guys personally, but I don't believe anyone to be so scared and confused that they can't formulate their own opinion based on information given to them.

Simple sugars are the easiest for the body to use because for the most part, they require little to no digestion. They also produce little to no cellular waste products.
    Might as well just not eat anything if that's the main goal. The body will take from its body fat stores to run the show. Brain fog would be pretty real, though.

I respect your knowledge on many subjects…..but when it comes to pfs…..I got this……not just based on my own experiences but based on the experiences of hundreds of other men I’ve coached successfully
    True, as someone who currently takes finasteride and hasn't noticed any negative effects at my current dosage, I'm not familiar with PFS. I wouldn't pretend to have more knowledge than you on that specific subject.
    @Vahn - sorry for hijacking the thread, that wasn't my intention. Good luck with the protocol dude!
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    @Vahn - sorry for hijacking the thread, that wasn't my intention. Good luck with the protocol dude!
    Thanks! And no problem, mate. I appreciate you sharing your insights.

I do agree with CD's sentiment, however. There's a reason I did not discuss this protocol with any of my doctors. It is my only beacon of hope as of now, so any doubt cast upon it creates a lot of anxiety and catastrophic thinking.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, the above statements are false. The heart uses fatty acids for 90% of its energy demands and muscles at rest also use a considerable amount of fatty acids for energy demands.

In resting muscle, fatty acids are the major fuel, meeting 85% of the energy needs.

Moreover, the heart has virtually no glycogen reserves. Fatty acids are the heart's main source of fuel, although ketone bodies as well as lactate can serve as fuel for heart muscle. In fact, heart muscle consumes acetoacetate in preference to glucose.

Okay....and the other 30 trillion cells run on?.....Glucose.

No matter who runs the show, differing opinions are paramount to open discourse on a free and public forum.

Of course. But this isn't a matter of opinion.

I don't know these guys personally, but I don't believe anyone to be so scared and confused that they can't formulate their own opinion based on information given to them.

Lol....then you don't know pfs guys my man. Many of them are EXACTLY this way. And who can blame them. Muddying the waters with this petty back and forth is doing nothing for the benefit of this section and this group of guys. As someone who doesn't have pfs, I'm surprised you'd want to even spend time here seeing as it's not your usual run of the mill forum experience.

Might as well just not eat anything if that's the main goal. The body will take from its body fat stores to run the show. Brain fog would be pretty real, though.

Water fasting is the best option, but juice feasting is the second best option given each individuals situation. And yes, I'm very familiar. I've done four extended water fasts and one extended juice feast. The water fasts were three at 21 days and one at 14 days over the course of five years. The juice feast was 45 days. And during a fast, you actually have a clearer mind then any other time. Brain fog is actually non-existent once you settle into the fast. So when you have somebody who starts talking about how bad a juice feast is when they've never experienced what it can do to cleanse the system, it serves no purpose other then to confuse and argue. I'm done arguing. Without first hand experience, it's just look at this study, look what this says.......all means nothing. EXPERIENCE......that's where it's at. And not just my own....all of the men I've coached as well.

True, as someone who currently takes finasteride and hasn't noticed any negative effects at my current dosage, I'm not familiar with PFS. I wouldn't pretend to have more knowledge than you on that specific subject.

Well, for your sake let's hope it stays that way. Some guys get it after one pill, some after ten years,, some right after quitting.

See above.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-15-2021 at 08:57 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly don’t understand how you can justifiably touch finasteride with the knowledge you have after seeing this forum. I would have never touched it if I saw the stories of guys suffering PFS. You don’t know how bad you’re playing with fire.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I truly don’t understand how you can justifiably touch finasteride with the knowledge you have after seeing this forum. I would have never touched it if I saw the stories of guys suffering PFS. You don’t know how bad you’re playing with fire.
    I would imagine the same reason we all did......Vanity. And for alot of guys, they just don't think it will happen to them. For his sake, I hope it doesn't. He'll end up back here on the other side of the equation which will not be a pleasant experience as we all know.

BBG know's his shit when it comes to PED's and ancillary products, hands down. I've "known" him from various forums for probably ten years or more.

I'm trying to tactfully explain that this isn't that type of forum anymore.....actually, this SECTION isn't for those type of discussions. The pfs section is for discussing progress on the TMO protocol, of which most of you are VERY familiar.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I would imagine the same reason we all did......Vanity. And for alot of guys, they just don't think it will happen to them. For his sake, I hope it doesn't. He'll end up back here on the other side of the equation which will not be a pleasant experience as we all know.

BBG know's his shit when it comes to PED's and ancillary products, hands down. I've "known" him from various forums for probably ten years or more.

I'm trying to tactfully explain that this isn't that type of forum anymore.....actually, this SECTION isn't for those type of discussions. The pfs section is for discussing progress on the TMO protocol, of which most of you are VERY familiar.
    Right, normally with all things in life, I have a “to each your own” attitude, but that line is drawn with fin. I can’t help but say something if I see someone putting this poison in their bodies. I have a best friend who takes it also and I’ve tried talking him out of it. PFS is complete, utter destruction of your life in the worst way. It’s absolutely fucking insane to me that anyone takes this stuff knowing the risks. But hey that’s just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Right, normally with all things in life, I have a “to each your own” attitude, but that line is drawn with fin. I can’t help but say something if I see someone putting this poison in their bodies. I have a best friend who takes it also and I’ve tried talking him out of it. PFS is complete, utter destruction of your life in the worst way. It’s absolutely fucking insane to me that anyone takes this stuff knowing the risks. But hey that’s just me.
    It weakens the entire system. That’s coming from a Dr that I spoke too who crashed. I agree it’s POISON. The littlest thing can set you back. I really wonder how long you have too follow the Protocol too fully heal...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens1984 View Post
    It weakens the entire system. That’s coming from a Dr that I spoke too who crashed. I agree it’s POISON. The littlest thing can set you back. I really wonder how long you have too follow the Protocol too fully heal...
    Average recovery time doing the protocol 100% is 6mo-2yrs...that's fully committed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBG, dude the study about the brain first thing says this: 'Brain. Glucose is virtually the sole fuel for the human brain, except during prolonged starvation.'

It's glucose man your body always convert to that and unless you are blind Keto diet believer there is no way around this.
    I am sure there are some circumstantial exceptions that are in reality irrelevant to our situation but are you really going to argue based on minute details. it's dishonest because overall CD's statement is correct.

Not only is juice fasting easier than water fasting but it also provides adequate minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients that accelerate healing. Many would argue it can actually be more beneficial than a water fast.
    It has been used for thousands of years in aryuveda (and greeks and romans used it look up grape juice fasting).
    I am not going to wait another decade or century for conventional science to catch up to old wisdom.

Nowadays this knowledge is all lost because pharmaceutical want to push pills which is the reason we are all here. Alternative medicine is rediscovering it. The herbs that CD recommends are not pharmaceutical but they are powerful enough to gently induce change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBG i think its hard for you to relate to our issue you seem very insensitive. This isnt your run of the mill hormonal imbalance.
    It's a complete inability to feel androgens includes dry skin, shrinking retracting genitals, destroyed libido, overnight aging. You literally wake up in a 90 years old body after the crash and it feels hopeless.

You remind me a bit of more plates more dates , very knowledgeable but also on lifetime HRT due to experimentation
    I am not sure what cocktail of drugs you are on but trust me most of us are not here to gain muscles or optimize
    in fact most would never have been interested in any steroid cycle
    we just want to recover a normal average healthy and functional body

Your body is probably highly androgenic and the finasteride doesnt affect you negatively for now
    Personally, i wouldnt let anyone i care for touch it.
    You already know how it cuts off neurosteroids and how 5AR is involved in a cascade of downstream hormones that are all critical
    On TRT nowadays most knowledgeable doctors recommend low dose progesterone and DHEA exactly because those might get affected
    imagine adding finasteride to TRT ...I think its a ticking time bomb once there is weakness in your body boom crash
    but some might be genetically more resistant who knows its literally russian roulette.