User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got my bloodwork back... turns out double prolactin as a normal healthy man, very high cortisol. i was told that high prolactin can cause symptoms that emulate low T. high prolactin can actually inhibit testosterones ability to be used. so even tho my T levels r 'in range/normal' im being cucked by prolactin. i was suggested to mega dose ashwagandha (ashwagandha lowers prolactin) to lower prolactin levels and theoretically my symptoms will subside for the most part.

also my estrogen was low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD,

What is your opinion on DHEA?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude1988 View Post
    CD,

What is your opinion on DHEA?
    I personally never got much out of it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    update: I found out my prolactin was high, so I was told ashwagdnha will lower my prolactin. I heard u gotta megadose ashwagndha to get good effects. first day i did it, i felt better, 2nd day i did it I felt destroyed and fatigued, anxiety/panic feeling and like my head was super lightheaded and i had a throbbing headache at the back of my neck around my head and my eyes felt they were going to pop out of my head and the next day same thing even at lower dose. also chest pains randomly.. it actually crashed me to an extent.

ive been off it for 4 days since and i still have this strange eye sensation, like my eyes feel really weird, like theyre watery but theyre dry and they feel they may explode out of my head but its not an intense feeling, its a feeling i cant really place... but its a feling i have not felt before until now. I notice this feeling gets worse when i drink sugar. i can only speculate has ashwagandha done something to my thyroid or affects my insulin or something? cause this is a very off feeling and i hope it goes away.

dont mean to sound dramatic but i reacted terribly to ashwagndha, its the only herb ive reacted poorly to. any advice or insight ?

should i go to the dr and ask them about it? should i take asprin daily to be on the safe side?
    Last edited by Crashed; 02-24-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    update: I found out my prolactin was high, so I was told ashwagdnha will lower my prolactin. I heard u gotta megadose ashwagndha to get good effects. first day i did it, i felt better, 2nd day i did it I felt destroyed and fatigued, anxiety/panic feeling and like my head was super lightheaded and i had a throbbing headache at the back of my neck around my head and my eyes felt they were going to pop out of my head and the next day same thing even at lower dose. also chest pains randomly.. it actually crashed me to an extent.

ive been off it for 4 days since and i still have this strange eye sensation, like my eyes feel really weird, like theyre watery but theyre dry and they feel they may explode out of my head but its not an intense feeling, its a feeling i cant really place... but its a feling i have not felt before until now. I notice this feeling gets worse when i drink sugar. i can only speculate has ashwagandha done something to my thyroid or affects my insulin or something? cause this is a very off feeling and i hope it goes away.

dont mean to sound dramatic but i reacted terribly to ashwagndha, its the only herb ive reacted poorly to. any advice or insight ?

should i go to the dr and ask them about it? should i take asprin daily to be on the safe side?
    In the beginning, I was extremely sensitive to the herbs. I binned like half of them at first because they would make me way worse. Eventually that went away and now I use all 21 with no problems. Just cycle them and use them only 1 day at a time. It also might not be the herb itself crashing you, just a general downswing. I’ve taken the same herbs with different effects many times.

Don’t take any aspirin or meds or anything like that. Whatever you’re going through will pass on it’s own eventually given you’re living healthy. We’ve all had about a million set backs each on this forum. That’s the way she goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    In the beginning, I was extremely sensitive to the herbs. I binned like half of them at first because they would make me way worse. Eventually that went away and now I use all 21 with no problems. Just cycle them and use them only 1 day at a time. It also might not be the herb itself crashing you, just a general downswing. I’ve taken the same herbs with different effects many times.

Don’t take any aspirin or meds or anything like that. Whatever you’re going through will pass on it’s own eventually given you’re living healthy. We’ve all had about a million set backs each on this forum. That’s the way she goes.
    check this out bro, im 100% sure its ashwagndha causing this for me .
    Ashwagandha May Have Dangerous Repercussions Eat For Life

read the article and ppls posts on it. they say its for ppl who r poor methaltors that respond terribly to this herb in particular. i recall u talking about poor metalating issue earlier

edit:also let me add, ive had pfs for a few years now, ive done a lot of experimenting with herbs. mega dosed trib, tongkat and other herbs and never had a response like this. this is different, this 1 made me feel like i had to take a trip to the hospital.
    Last edited by Crashed; 02-24-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    check this out bro, im 100% sure its ashwagndha causing this for me .
    Ashwagandha May Have Dangerous Repercussions Eat For Life

read the article and ppls posts on it. they say its for ppl who r poor methaltors that respond terribly to this herb in particular. i recall u talking about poor metalating issue earlier
    I’m a horrible methylator, and ashwaganda hasn’t harmed me. If it makes you feel worse, just don’t take it anymore.

You know that thing you do when you crash on fin and go read all the horror stories and freak yourself out into a massive downward spiral? That’s what you’re doing. Chillax, bin ashwaganda for now and move on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just do the protocol. With herbs, any negative effects come from the dosage. Too much of anything is bad. You shouldn’t be “megadosing” anything in your current state, in my opinion. Your body and brain are exposed, and maybe even a bit weak, because of Minoxidil, which I also crashed on by the way.

I would do things that make your body heal and reset itself, maybe a short fast, and some of the Wim Hof breathing exercises to see if that gets rid of your side effects over a few days. Large doses of herbs can temporarily mess with your gut bacteria which can cause issues. Once you’re recovered from the ashwaganda sides, I would start the protocol. There’s no reason not to. I feel a bit better on it already, and it’s only in the past month or so that I’ve been doing it 100%. It’s holistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    Just do the protocol. With herbs, any negative effects come from the dosage. Too much of anything is bad. You shouldn’t be “megadosing” anything in your current state, in my opinion. Your body and brain are exposed, and maybe even a bit weak, because of Minoxidil, which I also crashed on by the way.

I would do things that make your body heal and reset itself, maybe a short fast, and some of the Wim Hof breathing exercises to see if that gets rid of your side effects over a few days. Large doses of herbs can temporarily mess with your gut bacteria which can cause issues. Once you’re recovered from the ashwaganda sides, I would start the protocol. There’s no reason not to. I feel a bit better on it already, and it’s only in the past month or so that I’ve been doing it 100%. It’s holistic.
    yeah i agree bro, i do think its done something to digestion so i think ur right bout that.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I’m a horrible methylator, and ashwaganda hasn’t harmed me. If it makes you feel worse, just don’t take it anymore.

You know that thing you do when you crash on fin and go read all the horror stories and freak yourself out into a massive downward spiral? That’s what you’re doing. Chillax, bin ashwaganda for now and move on.
    ok fair, cheers.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    I'm not saying the symptoms are made up. I'm saying that minoxidil probably didn't cause the issue.

Yeah, the symptoms from PFS/Finasteride aren't isolated to only finasteride. But just because two people report the same symptoms doesn't mean they need to same cure.

Take Erectile Dysfunction for example. What are some causes?
    - High blood pressure
    - Very low estrogen
    - Low testosterone
    - High prolactin
    - Depression/stress/anxiety
    - Drug use/abuse
    - Metabolic Snydrome

None of these causes are going to solved by any one solution. The only way to know how to fix the symptom properly is to know what the actual cause of the malady is.

Yeah I addressed that in another post somewhere and so did Joe. One of the worst things Finasteride does is block Allopregnanolone and Isopregnanolone from being formed.
    The thing is no ones knows what the exact specific cause is and to be honest I don't think we actually ever will. The speculation is that 5ARis negatively impacts males (especially synthetic 5ARIs) and there is plenty evidence to back this up. So to look at another drug which impacts 5ARi and associate similar or the same symptoms to finasteride is pretty reasonable IMO.

The solution with herbs and prohormones is at least you are pushing yourself in the right direction to rebalance to homeostasis. We know the prohormones (androsterone/epiandrosterone) that are being cycled were lowered from finasteride. So whether you are readjusting the receptor by replacing these hormones again into your system or simply stimulating 5AR again they do seem to help.

Allopregnanolone is only a small piece of the puzzle downstream. Here are all the hormones finasteride negatively (negative sign) impacts:

Last edited by TubZy; 03-11-2021 at 02:57 PM.