User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ I really think it depends on where are you in recovery..

The reason why I go intense for 45 min to an hour is cause I feel no pump/burn. So I just focus on strength, speed, & power. Progressive overload etc..trying to be as strong and athletic as possible..As I’ve stated in other posts, I visually look good but I have soft muscles. When I get that response back then I’ll add some stuff till exhaustion like you do to build..Cause it all helps...

If your in a place where you can feel that pump/Burnthen I guess your in a good spot..

& the time in the gym applies for everyone, not only a PFS guy.. I’ve been in the gym for 3 Hours before doing heavy lifts pre PFS & I had insomnia that same night.. I was so damn jittery. once you pass that 1 hour - hour & a half threshold I think it’s all Cortisol from there.

I could be wrong though, CD probably has a better idea on it. I’m just shooting ideas around here.. if we did not have PFS I think I’d be a good go to for advice, but I’m not too sure on what Paramaters change when we’re in this condition.

Energy wise I’m not so bad off so I go balls to walls. Only thing I changed from Pre PFS to now is that I just have less sets than before.. before I’d lift heavy for 5-7 sets. Now it’s 3. So I took a step back on Volume & workload, but Never intensity.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you feel about this routine?

3 sets of 5 each

Monday:
    Smith Squat
    Incline DB
    Weighted Pull-up

Wednesday:
    Goblet Squat
    Weighted dips
    T-bar row
    Deadlift: 1x5

Friday:
    Smith Squat
    Weighted pushups
    Weighted Pull-up
    Calves

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    I'd love to hear CD's take on this, but I feel like with a system that's as weak as ours you should aim for a workout that's only "kinda tough" for you 4-5x per week.

That is, I think you should leave the gym after a workout and feel great...more energy than you had coming in. If you leave the gym exhausted...you've probably overdone it by pfs standards.

Obviously though, what's "kinda tough" will change as your baseline increases.
    This is my take^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markuss View Post
    I've noticed that with bodybuilding style training (rep range 8+) that it's affecting my libido negatively compared to strength style training (3-6 reps). Is this a downswing that'll lead to a higher baseline later down the line? Is hypertrophy the main goal of training for pfs? Bodybuilding is what made me lose my hair to begin with so I guess it makes sense to reenact that style of training.
    Can you elaborate on how body building made you lose your hair?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that my muscular gains coincided with high dht side effects: acne, hair loss, etc. Is that bro science? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    ^ I really think it depends on where are you in recovery..

The reason why I go intense for 45 min to an hour is cause I feel no pump/burn. So I just focus on strength, speed, & power. Progressive overload etc..trying to be as strong and athletic as possible..As I’ve stated in other posts, I visually look good but I have soft muscles. When I get that response back then I’ll add some stuff till exhaustion like you do to build..Cause it all helps...

If your in a place where you can feel that pump/Burnthen I guess your in a good spot..

& the time in the gym applies for everyone, not only a PFS guy.. I’ve been in the gym for 3 Hours before doing heavy lifts pre PFS & I had insomnia that same night.. I was so damn jittery. once you pass that 1 hour - hour & a half threshold I think it’s all Cortisol from there.

I could be wrong though, CD probably has a better idea on it. I’m just shooting ideas around here.. if we did not have PFS I think I’d be a good go to for advice, but I’m not too sure on what Paramaters change when we’re in this condition.

Energy wise I’m not so bad off so I go balls to walls. Only thing I changed from Pre PFS to now is that I just have less sets than before.. before I’d lift heavy for 5-7 sets. Now it’s 3. So I took a step back on Volume & workload, but Never intensity.
    Thanks Rick. I have been feeling pretty good with this, but work has become more physically demanding the last couple weeks and seems that between the two I might be pushing myself too hard. I think I am going to ease up a bit at the gym until work gets back to normal. I really don't want to lose any of my gains though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here in Sacramento or the Bay Area?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this might sound ludicrous but is it possible for vit D to decrease libido? My downswing seems to have coincided with my supplementation.. My best upswing was when I wasn't taking vit D/K or Magnesium..

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel that my muscular gains coincided with high dht side effects: acne, hair loss, etc. Is that bro science? lol
    Hairloss is genetically programmed. Yes, there are things you can do to mitigate it, but for the most part, if you're going to lose your hair, it's going to happen despite what you're doing. Some things can make it happen quicker, but if it's going to come out, it's going to come out.

For the guys who don't have the balding gene's, they can do what ever they want for the most part and they won't lose their hair. It's just the hand we were dealt in the genetic shuffle.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this might sound ludicrous but is it possible for vit D to decrease libido? My downswing seems to have coincided with my supplementation.. My best upswing was when I wasn't taking vit D/K or Magnesium..
    If anything Vit. D would increase your libido, not decrease it. You're just going through a downswing.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'd like to get CD and whoever else to weigh in on this.. I know the board is very anti western medicine but I've been struggling with ADHD since even before PFS. Would a low dosage of adderall or any other drug counter my ability to heal from PFS? I need to get my life together and start focusing on my studies but just can't muster up the ability to do so. Any opinions out there?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'd like to get CD and whoever else to weigh in on this.. I know the board is very anti western medicine but I've been struggling with ADHD since even before PFS. Would a low dosage of adderall or any other drug counter my ability to heal from PFS? I need to get my life together and start focusing on my studies but just can't muster up the ability to do so. Any opinions out there?
    I took adderall for 15 years and had to go through the withdrawals while in pfs so I think I can give you some good avice here.

I've run almost my whole life on stimulants..which I now realize is a huge source of a lot of my problems, and I've definitely struggled with my intrinsic dopamine production being lowered from using artificial means of raising it for so long.

I would first tell you that better options to adderall, if you have to take stimulants, are caffeine (coffee or pills), nicotine (gum or drops), or lisuride drops

If you are someone with good self control, and do decide to go the evil phama route lol I would say get a script for ritalin over adderall because its less damaging, and ONLY use it for when its absolutely necessary for you to be the best version of yourself...job interview, studing for a final, ect. Just know, everytime you take pharma stimulants you are setting yourself back. So if you take them, it better be to help you do something that sets you foreward enough to justify that use.

Also, the best natural ways to build your dopamine are cold exposure, and looking at sunlight (esp in the morining) without glasses or contacts covering your eyes. This is how dopamine is made. Do not discount these two natural things because they're a massive help, and actually sustainable unlike stimulants.

if you have other questions lt me know. I've had to learn all about this type of thing out of necessity. My dopamine levels were through the floor when I first crashed.
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 07-23-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    Its only work until its routine