User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t get bogged down by tracking your progress too much. This is how hypochondria is developed. Stuff randomly gets worse and better. Overthinking every detail will cause worry and anxiety. Just go into it with as much acceptance as you can. Shit will happen, but thats ok, you aren’t fucked for life.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Don’t get bogged down by tracking your progress too much. This is how hypochondria is developed. Stuff randomly gets worse and better. Overthinking every detail will cause worry and anxiety. Just go into it with as much acceptance as you can. Shit will happen, but thats ok, you aren’t fucked for life.
    THis^^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys i appreciate the support. Gotta stay positive.

I was listening to joe rogan yesterday and he was talking about the power of the nocebo effect. How there have been studies on people who were mistakenly told they had terminal cancer. Just the shock of being told they were going to die and there was nothing they could do caused their bodies to shut down and deteriorate until they died. Then when they did autopsies on them it turned out they were misdiagnosed and they didn’t have cancer at all.

Happy Sunday

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nocebo effect is strong but PFS is still clearly a real thing. There’s been times where I’m isolated and focus solely on a project/video game and PFS leaves my mind and I have to recall to myself that I still have PFS. All of the effects of PFS were still there the entire time though, irrespective of my mindset.

And also, some personal advice, sometimes you get worse before you get better. That’s absolutely a thing with this protocol. Usually how it goes is the first time you do something, like a cold shower or heavy lifting, it feels great, then when you do it daily it starts to make you feel like shit. But your body will ALWAYS adjust, just give it 2-3 weeks and you will feel back to normal, maybe even better on the road to recovery.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LIC2020 View Post
    Thanks guys i appreciate the support. Gotta stay positive.

I was listening to joe rogan yesterday and he was talking about the power of the nocebo effect. How there have been studies on people who were mistakenly told they had terminal cancer. Just the shock of being told they were going to die and there was nothing they could do caused their bodies to shut down and deteriorate until they died. Then when they did autopsies on them it turned out they were misdiagnosed and they didn’t have cancer at all.

Happy Sunday
    My mother was convinced she had cancer when she was my age. She didn’t have it but could not shake the thought. When I started my PFS journey she told me she had almost every symptom I’m experiencing now and it took her over a year to get out of it.

Never underestimate what anxious thoughts can do to your body. My progress really ramped up when I found this forum. Having a clear plan like the protocol gives you a mental anchor point to stop the worrying and lessen the chaos of uncertainty. What I value more than the actual protocol is the positive message CD and this forum brought to me. I’m convinced that if I got here before wandering around aimlessly on PH, stressing myself out of my mind, I would have been far closer to recovery.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    My mother was convinced she had cancer when she was my age. She didn’t have it but could not shake the thought. When I started my PFS journey she told me she had almost every symptom I’m experiencing now and it took her over a year to get out of it.

Never underestimate what anxious thoughts can do to your body. My progress really ramped up when I found this forum. Having a clear plan like the protocol gives you a mental anchor point to stop the worrying and lessen the chaos of uncertainty. What I value more than the actual protocol is the positive message CD and this forum brought to me. I’m convinced that if I got here before wandering around aimlessly on PH, stressing myself out of my mind, I would have been far closer to recovery.
    You're both right.

That being said, there are physical changes to the brain and body from pfs that need to be fixed.

But a healthy, positive mindset is ALWAYS where you want to be thinking from, regardless of the chaos going on in your body and brain. Think gratitude, and all of the things that are still good in your current situation. Focus on all the good in your life now....not the bad. Always the good.

Remember, "within every heartache, within every adversity, lies within it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." Pfs is your worst curse, but will also lead you to your greatest blessing, which is a solid healthy mind and body which will eventually manifest itself in you as long as you continue the good fight. NEVER give in. ALWAYS keep going....forward.

There is a reason the windshield is bigger then the rearview mirror. You should always be looking forward, never back.

You will slowly, but surely progress until the problem is resolved.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-22-2021 at 06:36 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    The nocebo effect is strong but PFS is still clearly a real thing. There’s been times where I’m isolated and focus solely on a project/video game and PFS leaves my mind and I have to recall to myself that I still have PFS. All of the effects of PFS were still there the entire time though, irrespective of my mindset.

And also, some personal advice, sometimes you get worse before you get better. That’s absolutely a thing with this protocol. Usually how it goes is the first time you do something, like a cold shower or heavy lifting, it feels great, then when you do it daily it starts to make you feel like shit. But your body will ALWAYS adjust, just give it 2-3 weeks and you will feel back to normal, maybe even better on the road to recovery.
    I'll be writing something on the nocebo effect on my thread very soon.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    I'll be writing something on the nocebo effect on my thread very soon.
    I think that would be a good idea.

It will help alot of new guys, and veterans alike.

Thanks.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, think it’s time for an update. Been on the herbs for about a week now. I feel ok. Some positive this week were that i had two spontaneous work day sex episodes with my girlfriend. I feel like it could be the pine pollen or creatine im taking. Pine Pollen also gives me more spontaneous erections so thats been a pleasant surprise. My libido still feels weird. Like i got hard from kissing but there was no “urge” to have sex if that makes sense. Like that animalistic urge wasnt there, it felt more “mechanical”. I also significantly less sexual thoughts than i used to.

This kind of worries me because it wasn't like that when i first crashed. I still had libido and good sensitivity. But they both have actually gotten worse along with the anhedonia. Maybe the loss of “urge” to have sex is related to the anhedonia? I know avoiding stress and mediation might help, but do the Pro hormones help anhedonia? I know the whole protocol balances the body, but does r-andro/ultra hard specifically help raise allo to help relieve the anhedonia?

Overall im still hopeful i can balance my body back into place. Just gotta stick with it. Been strict with diet and I'm also cutting out dairy as that can cause inflammation as well. Thanks for reading

Onward and upward

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LIC2020 View Post
    Hey all, think it’s time for an update. Been on the herbs for about a week now. I feel ok. Some positive this week were that i had two spontaneous work day sex episodes with my girlfriend. I feel like it could be the pine pollen or creatine im taking. Pine Pollen also gives me more spontaneous erections so thats been a pleasant surprise. My libido still feels weird. Like i got hard from kissing but there was no “urge” to have sex if that makes sense. Like that animalistic urge wasnt there, it felt more “mechanical”. I also significantly less sexual thoughts than i used to.

This kind of worries me because it wasn't like that when i first crashed. I still had libido and good sensitivity. But they both have actually gotten worse along with the anhedonia. Maybe the loss of “urge” to have sex is related to the anhedonia? I know avoiding stress and mediation might help, but do the Pro hormones help anhedonia? I know the whole protocol balances the body, but does r-andro/ultra hard specifically help raise allo to help relieve the anhedonia?

Overall im still hopeful i can balance my body back into place. Just gotta stick with it. Been strict with diet and I'm also cutting out dairy as that can cause inflammation as well. Thanks for reading

Onward and upward
    You just started man. Things are going to get wonky before they get better. Just the way it goes. As long as you stick to the outlined protocol consistently, eventually all these issues will be a thing of the past.