User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    My diet now looks very different to that of TMO. I personally eat a carnivore/ancestral inspired diet with intermittent fasting during the morning, sometimes using bulletproof coffee sometimes not. I eat mainly red meat, some heritage pork and pastured chicken. Raw eggs, raw milk, wild caught sardines and anchovies, and occasionally will eat organ meat once or twice a month. I eat carbs with every meal, usually getting most from in season berries, raw milk, raw honey, and purple sweet potatoes and regular organic potatoes from time to time (the latter two usually on big exercise days with dinner). My fats besides meat and dairy come from EVOO, MCT Oils, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts (max of 2 or 3 a day). I do eat out like a normal human being and break my diet, and do drink alcohol (beer, Irish whiskey, etc.), just usually only once or twice a week. Eat anywhere between 3100-3700 cals a day dependent on exercise level.

Hope that helps.
    @HOPE My diet is very similar to Maxout’s, less the fasting and milk. I also eat 2-4oz organ meats, primarily liver, every 3rd day, and a cup of bone broth in leu of coffee. I do include vegetables with every meal, mainly onions, garlic, broccoli, purp cabbage, riced cauliflower, celery, asparagus. I usually pick one from the above list and steam or sauté in ghee. I use ghee as my primary cooking oil. I eat my carbs in the morning and at lunch, as I workout in the evenings. I always include a bit of fruit with my carbs (usually a starch) for a balance between starches and fructose. Just something I’ve noticed that I tolerate well and provides steady energy throughout the day. Don’t count macros anymore, but probably 40 protein, 40 fat, 20 carb, carbs may be higher on some days.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My diet now looks very different to that of TMO. I personally eat a carnivore/ancestral inspired diet with intermittent fasting during the morning, sometimes using bulletproof coffee sometimes not. I eat mainly red meat, some heritage pork and pastured chicken. Raw eggs, raw milk, wild caught sardines and anchovies, and occasionally will eat organ meat once or twice a month. I eat carbs with every meal, usually getting most from in season berries, raw milk, raw honey, and purple sweet potatoes and regular organic potatoes from time to time (the latter two usually on big exercise days with dinner). My fats besides meat and dairy come from EVOO, MCT Oils, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts (max of 2 or 3 a day). I do eat out like a normal human being and break my diet, and do drink alcohol (beer, Irish whiskey, etc.), just usually only once or twice a week. Eat anywhere between 3100-3700 cals a day dependent on exercise level.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the detailed response my man, I appreciate it. Any reason you like to limit nut consumption?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response my man, I appreciate it. Any reason you like to limit nut consumption?
    I go for those two as they agree best with me and have less PUFAs than others. Macadamias are great sources of thiamine and then I use Brazil nuts for selenium. No more than two or you flirt with reaching selenium toxicity as they pack a major punch in that area.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diet is weird with me. You have to find what makes you feel best. I’ve tried the diet you outlined the first time time and time and again, I always try and keep it as paleo as possible then end up feeling worse. Typically I eat mostly meat, fruit and nuts. Some veggies, no broccoli or cauliflower. I’ve seen a lot of posts saying to cut out fruit and nuts, but once I do I feel like shit and also don’t get enough calories in. When I’m eating only meat and veggies I feel like fuck and also start losing muscle.

Kefir, kombucha and bone broth are all foods that make me feel bad. Ive tried over and over to implement them, just doesn’t work for me
    Curious, why do you avoid cauliflower and brocoli? Because it messes with estrogen?

Those are my main vegetables lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Curious, why do you avoid cauliflower and brocoli? Because it messes with estrogen?

Those are my main vegetables lol
    They make me feel horrible. If I eat broccoli my neurological bs will flare up. No idea why, just decided to avoid it

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They make me feel horrible. If I eat broccoli my neurological bs will flare up. No idea why, just decided to avoid it
    They are anti-thyroid and contain a lot of anti nutrients. I prefer spinach when I need nutrients. I donate blood twice a year to prevent iron overload through high red meat and spinach intake.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are anti-thyroid and contain a lot of anti nutrients. I prefer spinach when I need nutrients. I donate blood twice a year to prevent iron overload through high red meat and spinach intake.
    Spinach is the only cruciferous veggie I eat as well. I can’t drink green smoothies or drinks either. I forgot about the broccoli/thyroid connection

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My fathers been doing this forever.......I never have, but should
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Diet is the most bioindividual thing on earth. What works for CD, may not work for me or you. Doesn’t mean it has to be strict, but whereas something like sweet potatoes may never agree with me, might agree with CD, and vice versa on other foods.

I’d never expect to maintain any sort of decent health on a SAD diet. It’s not so much the food, but the food quality. Rancid omega 6 PUFAs, trans fats, MSG, and industrialized meat equal shit health for anyone, not just PFS folks.
    Boom
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"