User Tag List

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahahah David Goggins of PFS, that was Nice!
    I'm on the same boat exactly like @Turnover. PSF will hide away once you get better, doesnt mean that It was gone for good. So... Don't cheat as long as possible. (Telling this to myself more than anyone).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mineiro-up View Post
    Hahahahah David Goggins of PFS, that was Nice!
    I'm on the same boat exactly like @Turnover. PSF will hide away once you get better, doesnt mean that It was gone for good. So... Don't cheat as long as possible. (Telling this to myself more than anyone).
    Did you mean that one will never be able to fully recover from PFS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no....you got me wrong. Fully recovery is totally possible from my perspective. I just said that you will eventualy feel symptom free, and feel this for a week or a month does't mean you can throw the protocol away and do what you want. Body needs time to KEEP recovered for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no....you got me wrong. Fully recovery is totally possible from my perspective. I just said that you will eventualy feel symptom free, and feel this for a week or a month does't mean you can throw the protocol away and do what you want. Body needs time to KEEP recovered for a while.
    Oh I feel so relieved to read this haha..

How are you on your recovery so far? Any remaining symptoms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Libido (and drive) fluctuates from time to time. Slowly getting better overtime, and eventually getting hitted by some downswing. The good news and my hope is: everytime I get hitted by a downswing is aways lighther and shorter than the previous one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Libido (and drive) fluctuates from time to time. Slowly getting better overtime, and eventually getting hitted by some downswing. The good news and my hope is: everytime I get hitted by a downswing is aways lighther and shorter than the previous one.
    Glad to hear that. So ED isn't one of your remaining symptoms anymore? How's your Libido compared with when you crashed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ED is not common. But might happen If the downswing hit hard. It's not something of my day by day, but might happen, the blood flow down there goes increasing as time passes

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last month I ordered a genetic test to see if I was predisposed to badly process folate, and I just got the results. I do have a variant for the MTHFR C677T gene (heterozygous).

However I have a homozygous VDR TAQ, which means my body's receptors can't process vitamin D well. Upon research, it's a mutation that many many PFS guys have. The VDR is part of the same family as the androgen receptor genes.

Moral of the story, if you are health anxious, don't order a genetic test

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be misinterpreted. Yeah this made me anxious for a solid hour, but the PFS recovery train is back on track full throttle. Who gives a fuck if I have certain gene mutations. Recovered guys probably had the same and it didnt stop them.

Good vibes only. To wash those bad thoughts I'll hit a workout, a run and I'll watch UFC tonight with my brother

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Last month I ordered a genetic test to see if I was predisposed to badly process folate, and I just got the results. I do have a variant for the MTHFR C677T gene (heterozygous).

However I have a homozygous VDR TAQ, which means my body's receptors can't process vitamin D well. Upon research, it's a mutation that many many PFS guys have. The VDR is part of the same family as the androgen receptor genes.

Moral of the story, if you are health anxious, don't order a genetic test
    I have the same. I would imagine most guys, if not all, have some form of MTHFR mutation, it plays a factor in how your body methylates and detoxes.

I did the same thing you’re doing, I had all these thoughts that I’ll never recover because this or this or my gene test said this, etc. long story short, same things that help anyone else help me, and the recovery is the same. Don’t get caught up in any of this, I tried all sorts of stuff to cater to my genetic tests and nothing did anything, just stick with the protocol and don’t worry about things like this.

But if anything, I’d be happy, I am C677T as well so now you probably know that the folate had an impact on you and you can improve quickly from the shitty situation the B complex put you in.