User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unluckiest PFS Story

Hey lads,

My story is probably one of the unluckiest story you will ever hear.

I started receding in mid 2020 and by 2021 August, it was slightly visible. I started using Minoxidil in late 2020 with Nizoral with no issues. However I was still loosing hair. This was concerning because no one in my family is bald. So went to a dermatologist and diagnosed me with MPB and suggested Finasteride and Minoxidil.

Before using Finasteride (i was bit concerned about side effects - one my mates had psychological issues for a few weeks) I thought I will trial Saw Palmetto.
    So I got myself some saw palmetto (https://carusosnaturalhealth.com.au/...32891420016693) and removed the oil capsules and applied topically to my head ( 2 capsules - 640mg) on 6th of September 2021. I had a major headache after a few hours so I washed it off with Nizoral shampoo and had a shower. Later I added Minoxidil before sleep as usual.

Next day I had full on ED, prostate pain and testical pain. Now I only used this topical solution once and NO Finasteride!! Checked the hormones and they were normal except Total Testosterone (it 32.5 (range 9-28))
    two months later I had hard flaccid, pain on top of the penis and no orgasm feeling and prostate pain and zero libido.
    Three months later, I had muscle wastage on my thighs and left bicep and started getting peripheral neuropathy (burning sensation on my feet and palms). Went to 3 neurologists and they cant find a cause. The MRI is clean as a whistle (they thought it was MS).

Four months later the burning sensation is on top of my penis all the time so I cant feel the pleasurable sensation or orgasms and peripheral neuropathy. Its weird when I have showers (cold ones), the sensitivity is back!

Now its almost 6 months and I still have the same issues (hard flaccid, pain on top of the penis, no orgasm feeling and prostate pain and zero libido and peripheral neuropathy).
    I have destroyed my life with a single application of Saw Palmetto.

I have started Juice fasting yesterday and am hoping to jump on the CDNut's protocol but I would really need some advise please.
    Last edited by Nexus9987; 02-22-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw palmetto is complete toxic trash. I'm recovering from it myself. All the important info to get started can be found on totalmaleoptimization.com and throughout this forum. Best of luck to you going forward.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 GoldenSun's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome man! Just wanted you to know that I got full blown PFS (for almost a year now) from just topical minoxidil that I used for 4 DAYS, yes 4 days! My suspicion is that the minox could have primed you and the saw p pushed you over the edge. For some fin can take 10 years to show sides and for others like us we get PFS quickly from weaker 5ar inhibitors, it's all just our biology.

I want you to know the community here is by far the best for PFS on the entire internet and my advice would be:
    Don't dwell on negativity, study and stick to the protocol and accept that your recovery wont be overnight but it will come if you stick to it.

Keep your head up brother, I wish you the best. There are some really great people on this forum that I am sure will help you throughout your journey

Also, I think this goes without saying but please do not use anymore minox, saw p or anything of the sort. Balding is better than having a broken penis
    Last edited by GoldenSun; 02-22-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea the topical stuff obviously goes systemic and affects us sensitive individuals. And minox is a proven 5 ar inhibitor.

I seem to be extra sensitive to drug side effects cuz when I realized I was losing my hair I first tried topical Keto shampoo and it nuked my libido. Then minoxidil and it made me dizzy and gave me crazy heart palpitations. Then I took fin just for a couple of days and got severe pfs LOL.

Anyways my suggestion would be to start the regimen and find something to distract you in the meantime. Once you get past the point where everyday is a living hell it gets pretty easy. I actually started a new relationship AFTER my pfs crash and it gave me something to focus on besides pfs. I shared everything I was doing to recover with her and she watched me grow from an anxiety riddled, crippled and weak person to feeling on top of the world. This was over a period of two years. We eventually split up but we were together for the whole two years of my recovery.

Just keep going, eventually you値l look back and actually be thankful for the journey you went through as it値l make you a better person! I thought my life was over when I crashed but I actually ended up having the best two years of my life (so far).
    Last edited by xxaleksi; 02-23-2022 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSun View Post
    Welcome man! Just wanted you to know that I got full blown PFS (for almost a year now) from just topical minoxidil that I used for 4 DAYS, yes 4 days! My suspicion is that the minox could have primed you and the saw p pushed you over the edge. For some fin can take 10 years to show sides and for others like us we get PFS quickly from weaker 5ar inhibitors, it's all just our biology.

I want you to know the community here is by far the best for PFS on the entire internet and my advice would be:
    Don't dwell on negativity, study and stick to the protocol and accept that your recovery wont be overnight but it will come if you stick to it.

Keep your head up brother, I wish you the best. There are some really great people on this forum that I am sure will help you throughout your journey

Also, I think this goes without saying but please do not use anymore minox, saw p or anything of the sort. Balding is better than having a broken penis

Thanks alot man. This site gives me hope. I have been bit suicidal lately and your post cheered me up. Thanks mate. I appreciate your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Yea the topical stuff obviously goes systemic and affects us sensitive individuals. And minox is a proven 5 ar inhibitor.

I seem to be extra sensitive to drug side effects cuz when I realized I was losing my hair I first tried topical Keto shampoo and it nuked my libido. Then minoxidil and it made me dizzy and gave me crazy heart palpitations. Then I took fin just for a couple of days and got severe pfs LOL.

Anyways my suggestion would be to start the regimen and find something to distract you in the meantime. Once you get past the point where everyday is a living hell it gets pretty easy. I actually started a new relationship AFTER my pfs crash and it gave me something to focus on besides pfs. I shared everything I was doing to recover with her and she watched me grow from an anxiety riddled, crippled and weak person to feeling on top of the world. This was over a period of two years. We eventually split up but we were together for the whole two years of my recovery.

Just keep going, eventually you値l look back and actually be thankful for the journey you went through as it値l make you a better person! I thought my life was over when I crashed but I actually ended up having the best two years of my life (so far).
    Minox actually gave me headaches and keto shampoo (Nizoral) actually reduced my hair fall significantly. I suspect as Goldensun says i am very sensitive to DHT inhibitors and saw palmetto pushed me over the edge!

Didnt know Minox was a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor tho : Minoxidil Acts as an Antiandrogen: A Study of 5ホア-reductase Type 2 Gene Expression in a Human Keratinocyte Cell Line - PubMed

Anyways thank you for being so warm and giving me hope!
    I wont give up and hope to be better than before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Saw palmetto is complete toxic trash. I'm recovering from it myself. All the important info to get started can be found on totalmaleoptimization.com and throughout this forum. Best of luck to you going forward.
    Thanks mate. I must say I feel better just being on this forum!
    Hope we both get 110%!!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus9987 View Post
    Thanks mate. I must say I feel better just being on this forum!
    Hope we both get 110%!!
    If you do the right things, you'll get the right things. Simple as that.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"