User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSatan View Post
    Okay thank you! Just got me a brush and will go without shower gel at least as long as the fast will go. One thing I don't get: won't the bacteria from your body stick on the brush? And do I have to clean it therefore?

Today was rough...some headache in the morning, the whole day very weak and hunger attacks. I hope these will get better at day 4, as you often can read that.
    Not just while you're fasting.....ALWAYS. I never use any of it.....EVER. You don't need it.

And sure, there will be bacteria on it. There is bacteria and micro-organisms all over your body. It's necessary for our proper functioning. Don't stress about it. We are huge colonies of living organisms. The more exposure you have to these organisms, the healthier you'll be.

You realize the reason for these "super bugs" that are being created is due to the arms race we are trying to have with mother nature, don't you? Anti-bacterial this and anti-bacterial that, antibiotics, etc. We come up with one thing, it kills 99.99% of the organisms and then the.001% that is left then multiply, breed and create a new 'race" of bugs that are immune to the drug. We then come up with another drug, etc, and the cycle continues. Who do you think is going to win this race? I can tell you it's not going to be us! Nature is infinitely intelligent and we are from it, not above it. We will not win this war.

Kids that go outside and play in the dirt, around farm animals, etc have way healthier immune systems than the kids that are kept inside. We need these little exposures here and there to build our natural immunity and grow our "colonies"

Try not to compare your fasting experience to that of others. Everyone is traveling their own journey. Your expectations will only serve to disappoint you. I've had fasts where I was miserable the whole 21 days and then I've had fasts where I felt fucking phenomenal the whole time. It depends on alot of factors.

Remind me.....are you doing this on our own, or did you go to a clinic as recommended?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Not just while you're fasting.....ALWAYS. I never use any of it.....EVER. You don't need it.

And sure, there will be bacteria on it. There is bacteria and micro-organisms all over your body. It's necessary for our proper functioning. Don't stress about it. We are huge colonies of living organisms. The more exposure you have to these organisms, the healthier you'll be.

You realize the reason for these "super bugs" that are being created is due to the arms race we are trying to have with mother nature, don't you? Anti-bacterial this and anti-bacterial that, antibiotics, etc. We come up with one thing, it kills 99.99% of the organisms and then the.001% that is left then multiply, breed and create a new 'race" of bugs that are immune to the drug. We then come up with another drug, etc, and the cycle continues. Who do you think is going to win this race? I can tell you it's not going to be us! Nature is infinitely intelligent and we are from it, not above it. We will not win this war.

Kids that go outside and play in the dirt, around farm animals, etc have way healthier immune systems than the kids that are kept inside. We need these little exposures here and there to build our natural immunity and grow our "colonies"

Try not to compare your fasting experience to that of others. Everyone is traveling their own journey. Your expectations will only serve to disappoint you. I've had fasts where I was miserable the whole 21 days and then I've had fasts where I felt fucking phenomenal the whole time. It depends on alot of factors.

Remind me.....are you doing this on our own, or did you go to a clinic as recommended?
    I get it, I really do and the whole bacteria story makes a lot of sense...that's why I'm a big fan of probiotics too. And those resistant killer bugs are fucking scary...they are on the rise and someday there will be no antibiotics left that work to treat those infections. I was resistent to almost all antibiotics after two rounds of some of the most powerful ones and the doctors said there ain't nothing more they can do. It freaked the fuck out of me. The doctors really are clueless when it comes to those things. Maybe when there is another epidemic in the future people will learn what it means to fall back on natural methods like fasting or herbs. I could rant for hours about this topic.
    The thing is, I just asked myself what if I shrub under my arms or my ass with it and next day wash my upper body with it for example lol. Seems just kind of unhygienic.

I try not to compare, but it seemed like the majority of people were reporting those benefits after the first three days. Feeling pretty good today on day 5, very clear head. Hopefully this is going to continue. Hunger is still there though. It's no bed of roses for sure, all I can do is basically lie down and watch some movies/listen to audiobooks or at best read some chapters in a book and sleep. I gotta keep reminding myself why I'm doing this.

I'm mad and doing it at home, I just can't afford such a clinic at the moment. And honestly, I just want to get it done already. My girlfriend is with me, so I'm not alone and she can drive me to the doctors or ambulance if something bad happens, not to mention the emotional support she gives me which brings a lot of confidence. However, I'm not sure if I can do the 21 days, aiming for 14+ right now because I don't know how long my body fat will last. Just going for it day by day and if I have the feeling that I cannot take it anymore I will stop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 10...proud to have made it this far...especially because I had the worst night of my life on day 8. Imagine the worst hangover headache possible without having the chance to take any painkillers. I was close to giving up there, but reminding myself that it is just a major detox symptom let me push through. Some days were really torturess but I survived them all.
    I'm also noticing the return of old symptoms like some pain or uncomfortable feelings in different parts of the body and hope they are fixed during this deep fast. However, last night and today I got some mild liver pain, which does scare me a bit.

I make it through the days somehow...it's harder than I thought actually. Main problem is the weakness, so you cannot do anything else than lying down and the boredom that comes with it is terrible. Going to the bathroom is exhausting. Not to mention all the pains I've been going through in those 10 days. Seems like I have/had a lot to detox. I hope in the end it will pay out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 15...still going. Some belly fat is still there to lose. Feeling really good mental clarity the last five days and can enjoy some music again. Hunger mostly comes at night and is insane...almost broke my fast two days ago because of it. Absolutely the hardest thing I did in life until now.

Old aches that occured during the fast cleaned up. Mild pains under the rib cage (liver and kidney?) come and go.

Unfortunately no improvement until now in penis head inflammation, it's still red, dry, unsensitive. Sad because that's the one thing I hoped the fasting would do for sure...

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are crushing it man! Keep going!
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Day 15...still going. Some belly fat is still there to lose. Feeling really good mental clarity the last five days and can enjoy some music again. Hunger mostly comes at night and is insane...almost broke my fast two days ago because of it. Absolutely the hardest thing I did in life until now.

Old aches that occured during the fast cleaned up. Mild pains under the rib cage (liver and kidney?) come and go.

Unfortunately no improvement until now in penis head inflammation, it's still red, dry, unsensitive. Sad because that's the one thing I hoped the fasting would do for sure...
    For some reason, there are no penile changes regarding physical changes or changes in libido during a fast. These things come when you're getting back into normal living again. Right now, you are tearing down. Then you'll start building up.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    You are crushing it man! Keep going!
    Thanks! Try to keep going until saturday, which would make 20 days in total.

For some reason, there are no penile changes regarding physical changes or changes in libido during a fast. These things come when you're getting back into normal living again. Right now, you are tearing down. Then you'll start building up.
    Okay guess I keep hanging on and hope for the best then...

Could you have a glance on my refeeding plan and tell me if this looks fine?

Day 1: Organic bone broth, vegetable soup (only the broth)
    Day 2: same, but eating some pieces of vegetables from the soup
    Day 3: same as day 2, + homemade tomato soup
    Day 4: same as day 3 + organic spinach and kale
    Day 5: same as day 4, but increasing the amounts
    Day 6: introducing fermented foods like Sauerkraut etc.
    Day 7: first solid dish: meat, fermented foods and vegetables (maybe some carbs too...fruits?)

Here I would also introduce my first supplements like Primal Collagen powder, Green superfood drink, Fermented Foods multivitamin, L-Glutamine, Digestive enzymes (with big or dairy meals), Bimuno....

Anything you would change?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Try to keep going until saturday, which would make 20 days in total.

Okay guess I keep hanging on and hope for the best then...

Could you have a glance on my refeeding plan and tell me if this looks fine?

Day 1: Organic bone broth, vegetable soup (only the broth)
    Day 2: same, but eating some pieces of vegetables from the soup
    Day 3: same as day 2, + homemade tomato soup
    Day 4: same as day 3 + organic spinach and kale
    Day 5: same as day 4, but increasing the amounts
    Day 6: introducing fermented foods like Sauerkraut etc.
    Day 7: first solid dish: meat, fermented foods and vegetables (maybe some carbs too...fruits?)

Here I would also introduce my first supplements like Primal Collagen powder, Green superfood drink, Fermented Foods multivitamin, L-Glutamine, Digestive enzymes (with big or dairy meals), Bimuno....

Anything you would change?
    That seems fine, although I always recommend raw fruit and vegetable juices for the first day of refeeding. Refeeding properly is very important when coming off a fast of this length.

The second day I go with raw, high water content fruit such as melon, oranges, etc. Eat till satisfied, just don't over do it.....go slow.

Other then that, the tempo of your refeed seems solid.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-27-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems fine, although I always recommend raw fruit and vegetable juices for the first day of refeeding. Refeeding properly is very important when coming off a fast of this length.

The second day I go with raw, high water content fruit such as melon, oranges, etc. Eat till satisfied, just don't over do it.....go slow.

Other then that, the tempo of your refeed seems solid.
    Alright sir added some vegetable juices and buyed also some berries for tomorrow.

What I would find interesting because you're suggesting fruit juices...is there a special reason to break ketosis so soon after the fast with those sugary fruits?

I read that the opposite would actually be better to stay in ketosis for like 5 days, so your system doesn't have to change so fast to glucose metabolism again and can slowly build up to digesting foods, then slowly adding fruits/carbs

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright sir added some vegetable juices and buyed also some berries for tomorrow.

What I would find interesting because you're suggesting fruit juices...is there a special reason to break ketosis so soon after the fast with those sugary fruits?

I read that the opposite would actually be better to stay in ketosis for like 5 days, so your system doesn't have to change so fast to glucose metabolism again and can slowly build up to digesting foods, then slowly adding fruits/carbs
    Because regardless of what you eat, your body runs on glucose.

Any fasting clinic that you go to will break your fast the same way. You shouldn't be worried about fruit sugars. Nothing has to happen for your system to use them because they are ready to be burned as soon as they enter your body. Nothing has to be done and nothing has to be broken down. You ease your system back into processing fuel that is ready to go.

Out of the four extended fasts I've done at the three different places, this is how the fast was broken each time. Not to mention the vitamins and minerals that are contained in fruits and veggies which after and extended fast, are very important to get back in. Fruit is the easiest to digest out of any food choice, not fat.

Like I had said, I'm sure you'll be fine the way you have yours set up because it progresses slowly enough, which is important. But ready to use glucose is easier on the system then fat in that point in time.

You made a good choice going with the water fast over the juice feast. Although they both are fantastic tools for cleansing, the water fast goes deeper and cleanses faster.

Congrats for making it through to the other side.

How are you feeling right now?
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-28-2018 at 05:46 PM.