User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Because regardless of what you eat, your body runs on glucose.

Any fasting clinic that you go to will break your fast the same way. You shouldn't be worried about fruit sugars. Nothing has to happen for your system to use them because they are ready to be burned as soon as they enter your body. Nothing has to be done and nothing has to be broken down. You ease your system back into processing fuel that is ready to go.

Out of the four extended fasts I've done at the three different places, this is how the fast was broken each time. Not to mention the vitamins and minerals that are contained in fruits and veggies which after and extended fast, are very important to get back in. Fruit is the easiest to digest out of any food choice, not fat.

Like I had said, I'm sure you'll be fine the way you have yours set up because it progresses slowly enough, which is important. But ready to use glucose is easier on the system then fat in that point in time.

You made a good choice going with the water fast over the juice feast. Although they both are fantastic tools for cleansing, the water fast goes deeper and cleanses faster.

Congrats for making it through to the other side.

How are you feeling right now?
    Ah, I see, makes sense. I actually had half a fruit smoothie yesterday and drinking one right now, just couldn't resist it. Pineapple, banana and coconut mix, this one tastes sooo good haha. And I think I had a sip too much, getting some slight nausea...
    I try to stay under 40g sugar per day though and follow the rest of my outlined plan.

Thanks! Yes it was a very deep experience. But incredibly boring, too lol.
    Feeling pretty good right now, energy is very slowly coming back, I was able to stand in the shower today unlike while fasting where I had to sit down. Refeeding is strange, you cannot eat a lot at a time and even some sips on fruit juices feed you very well so you have to go very slow but you get hungry every 2-3 hours. I ate a bowl of soup every time the hunger came, just so much that I was satisfied.

Music sounds really good atm and I can kind of enjoy movies and tv shows, a feeling that I thought would be lost forever. Maybe it's just temporary as your body is refeeding and running on low calories?! Hope of course it stays and also for libido coming back soon. Had absolutely NO libido at all while fasting, but that seems to be the case. Still cannot do many other things than lying down or at best do some cooking. I guess it will take the full 7 days of refeeding until ready to go for walks or doing shopping.

It's kind of incredible how much fat one actually has, I guess I could have gone on for at least 10 more days or so...but I just couldn't force it any longer.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSatan View Post
    Ah, I see, makes sense. I actually had half a fruit smoothie yesterday and drinking one right now, just couldn't resist it. Pineapple, banana and coconut mix, this one tastes sooo good haha. And I think I had a sip too much, getting some slight nausea...
    I try to stay under 40g sugar per day though and follow the rest of my outlined plan.

Thanks! Yes it was a very deep experience. But incredibly boring, too lol.
    Feeling pretty good right now, energy is very slowly coming back, I was able to stand in the shower today unlike while fasting where I had to sit down. Refeeding is strange, you cannot eat a lot at a time and even some sips on fruit juices feed you very well so you have to go very slow but you get hungry every 2-3 hours. I ate a bowl of soup every time the hunger came, just so much that I was satisfied.

Music sounds really good atm and I can kind of enjoy movies and tv shows, a feeling that I thought would be lost forever. Maybe it's just temporary as your body is refeeding and running on low calories?! Hope of course it stays and also for libido coming back soon. Had absolutely NO libido at all while fasting, but that seems to be the case. Still cannot do many other things than lying down or at best do some cooking. I guess it will take the full 7 days of refeeding until ready to go for walks or doing shopping.

It's kind of incredible how much fat one actually has, I guess I could have gone on for at least 10 more days or so...but I just couldn't force it any longer.
    Slow and steady wins this race. No need to push it.

I would get some food in you for a few days before you can start doing some nice long walks. Nothing too strenuous for a good 3-4 weeks into refeeding.

And yes, it is very deceiving how long one can fast, especially by looks. We don't realize how much fat we have under the skin.

How many days total?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow and steady wins this race. No need to push it.

I would get some food in you for a few days before you can start doing some nice long walks. Nothing too strenuous for a good 3-4 weeks into refeeding.

And yes, it is very deceiving how long one can fast, especially by looks. We don't realize how much fat we have under the skin.

How many days total?
    It was 20 days total.

Woke up today with brain fog and a little headache and had the need to sleep really long (while fasting I didn't have the need to sleep, I just wanted to dream). Maybe I overate yesterday. Also had an unsweet bowel movement. That banana shake didn't do me any good lol.

Unfortunately old symptoms came back today, have a little knub in the groin area that is unconfortable which I had before where I was diagnosed with mycoplasma bacterias. Fuck. Really thought the fast was able to knock them out...guess you really have to fast to completion to kill it all off. But maybe I also jump at conclusions to soon...time will tell.

Good thing is that I'm just happy and thankful to stand on my two feet again, being able to move and do a few things and getting more energy day by day :-) like you said slow and steady wins this race.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was 20 days total.

Woke up today with brain fog and a little headache and had the need to sleep really long (while fasting I didn't have the need to sleep, I just wanted to dream). Maybe I overate yesterday. Also had an unsweet bowel movement. That banana shake didn't do me any good lol.

Unfortunately old symptoms came back today, have a little knub in the groin area that is unconfortable which I had before where I was diagnosed with mycoplasma bacterias. Fuck. Really thought the fast was able to knock them out...guess you really have to fast to completion to kill it all off. But maybe I also jump at conclusions to soon...time will tell.

Good thing is that I'm just happy and thankful to stand on my two feet again, being able to move and do a few things and getting more energy day by day :-) like you said slow and steady wins this race.
    And you may not notice some improvements right away, but they will come as your body gets back up to speed.

Some people think that they will notice huge differences after the fast...... Some will, some won't, but the event you just undertook was the best way to cleanse the system and you're going to be much better off having done it then not to have.

All of the herbs and supplements are going to work much more effectively then prior to the fast.

Now the work starts. Make sure you don't ruin the time you just put in by not staying on the straight and narrow.

Great job.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you may not notice some improvements right away, but they will come as your body gets back up to speed.

Some people think that they will notice huge differences after the fast...... Some will, some won't, but the event you just undertook was the best way to cleanse the system and you're going to be much better off having done it then not to have.

All of the herbs and supplements are going to work much more effectively then prior to the fast.

Now the work starts. Make sure you don't ruin the time you just put in by not staying on the straight and narrow.

Great job.
    Good to know.
    Wanted to wait with introducing the herbs for a few weeks though, to see if there is a difference without them prior to how I felt before the fast, just out of curiosity. And add them when I gained some ground.

Can I take cold showers right away? And regarding workout I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks too before starting with the body weight exercises.

Only things I'll add right away:
    -Diet, but with some carbs in the beginning
    -Green drink in the morning (acting as a multivitamin with Chlorella, Spirulina)
    -Probiotics (Sauerkraut, greek yogurt, kefir) during the day
    -VitaQ (bioavailable multivitamin and probiotic) + prebiotics (Glucomannan, Bimuno) in the evening
    -NOW super enzymes with big meals
    -Protein (Collagen)
    -L-Glutamine
    -Detox drink (apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, cayenne pepper)
    -Vitamin D
    -sunshine exposure if possible
    -breathing and meditation
    -sex

Also adding:
    -nature walks at the weekends (or when I'm in my hometown)
    -50 pages or 1 hour of reading a day
    -learning sth new every day (documentaries, reading up about interesting things)
    -writing down my thoughts and ideas
    -structuring my day
    -putting my energy in sth creative (e.g. writing music) or sth that's bringing me further (e.g. getting a job besides going to university)
    -rest day: one day a week where I focus just on myself and my nerdy hobbies (no work, no studying, no workout, no girlfriend, just enjoying myself)

Refeeding is going well I think. Had the first solid bowel movement today. Still feeling a bit weak on my legs, but it gets a little bit better every day. Slight inflammation in my right eye and seems like I was getting some neurodermitis during the fast, as my chest is red and burns a bit, but I have the feeling that those things will fade soon.
    Last edited by MrSatan; 05-02-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to know.
    Wanted to wait with introducing the herbs for a few weeks though, to see if there is a difference without them prior to how I felt before the fast, just out of curiosity. And add them when I gained some ground.

Can I take cold showers right away? And regarding workout I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks too before starting with the body weight exercises.

Only things I'll add right away:
    -Diet, but with some carbs in the beginning
    -Green drink in the morning (acting as a multivitamin with Chlorella, Spirulina)
    -Probiotics (Sauerkraut, greek yogurt, kefir) during the day
    -VitaQ (bioavailable multivitamin and probiotic) + prebiotics (Glucomannan, Bimuno) in the evening
    -NOW super enzymes with big meals
    -Protein (Collagen)
    -L-Glutamine
    -Detox drink (apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, cayenne pepper)
    -Vitamin D
    -sunshine exposure if possible
    -breathing and meditation
    -sex

Also adding:
    -nature walks at the weekends (or when I'm in my hometown)
    -50 pages or 1 hour of reading a day
    -learning sth new every day (documentaries, reading up about interesting things)
    -writing down my thoughts and ideas
    -structuring my day
    -putting my energy in sth creative (e.g. writing music) or sth that's bringing me further (e.g. getting a job besides going to university)
    -rest day: one day a week where I focus just on myself and my nerdy hobbies (no work, no studying, no workout, no girlfriend, just enjoying myself)

Refeeding is going well I think. Had the first solid bowel movement today. Still feeling a bit weak on my legs, but it gets a little bit better every day. Slight inflammation in my right eye and seems like I was getting some neurodermitis during the fast, as my chest is red and burns a bit, but I have the feeling that those things will fade soon.
    Cold showers can be started immediately.

And yeah....refeed for a few weeks before starting the body weight exercises. Otherwise you'll just jack your cortisol.

Everything else you have listed looks legit.