172pg/mL
    Ref range: 47-244pg/mL

DHT
    84ng/dL
    Ref range: 30-85ng/dL

Estrodiol
    22pg/mL
    Ref range: <41pg/mL

In spite of these very normal hormone results, I still experience the side effects (physical and psychological) of Dutasteride 6 months after having taken it. Is this normal with PFS?

EDIT: Like I said in the OP, my problem more so is with the brain and nervous system rather than sexual side effects. I can still get erect through some brief physical stimulation but have trouble climaxing and have no libido/visual sexual arousal. Penile sensitivity is also reduced and I feel very disconnected from the world and just flat out different as a person, which is scary on a daily basis. Outer facing skin on limbs, hands, and feet are very cold and burn like being sunburned and is sensitive/disturbed by textures. Systolic blood pressure is also higher than normal. I always ran low pre-PFS around 80-90. Now, it runs 100-130 and, for the first time in my life, I was told my cholesterol is high and my blood is thick. Don't understand it. Very weird.
    First off, nobody knows or understands the pathology of PFS. But yes, it is normal to still experience many of the sides of PFS despite a normal serum hormonal panel. Understand this: any decent endo will tell you that serum levels don’t mean shit. It’s all about what is going down at the cellular level, at which point we are very limited in observing and testing outside of a clinical setting. Do not concern yourself with your labs. Especially do not concern yourself with something as variable as blood pressure. As long as you’re not passing out when you stand up, lower is better, yes. But a systolic of 100-130 is totally fine. You’re probably raising it just by observing it, killing the proverbial schrodinger cat, so to speak. Also, your “thick blood” might have something to do with the fact you’re on TRT & HCG. You are not in homeostasis. If this baffles your doctors, find new ones. Also, help others and donate some of it.

Drop your worries. Follow the protocol. Amazing days are ahead.
    Last edited by Ratchet; 02-07-2020 at 01:54 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not a hematologist, but there are numerous things that you are going to do on protocol that should normalize everything you are experiencing. I.e proper discontinuation of TRT, HCG , AND pharms. Also, you’ve already mentioned nicotine in your thread. That’s a no go when it comes to cardiovascular health in ALL RESPECTS, including blood viscosity. Address all of these things, clean up your diet, exercise regularly, and be consistent. If you don’t see improvements after three months (which you will) only then can you seriously revisit your labs and address what’s going on.
    Last edited by Ratchet; 02-07-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Got it. Already started weaning down on the TRT. Shouldn't take long. After that, I plan on weaning off of the meds. I'll drop the vaping today as well. I suspect this will probably be a nightmare. Here goes nothing. Will update the thread when there's something to report. Thank you.
    Nicotine withdrawals blow. Things are going to be way worse before they significantly improve, but cold turkey is the best route, in my opinion. I’ve quit numerous times, and the first four days are the hardest. After that, it’s just discipline. I’ve been without nicotine for over a year now, and it’s game changing in all aspects of your health.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. But you gotta admit the dopamine release is nice. Honestly it's the only reason I picked it up. Never smoked but the vape always released a nice, calm feeling. But after crashing, I honestly don't even feel those dopamine releases in the brain anymore. It's been more of just doing my normal habits and routines than anything to keep me sane since nothing feels the same and I can't enjoy much from the disconnect. Dropping vaping shouldn't be too hard for me physically. But not having something to do that's familiar will suck. The testosterone and GABA-a agonist for sleep might be a different story though. Been through benzo withdrawal before, which is similar in how it functions to Ambien, and that ain't fun. Bad nervous and brain system withdrawal effects.
    Don’t just wean off meds. Devise a plan with your doctors. Seriously. All the best.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 covfefe42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started doing a water fast today. I'll see how long I can go before my body screams for nutrition. So far, I've gone 24 hours without food with no issues.
    Awesome man! Came in here to offer my support, looks like you've got a large battle ahead of you but I admire your determination to see it through. As Ratchet said the protocol will massively improve your situation. Good luck bro

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who experienced the "disconnected from reality" feeling, how long did that take you to recover from, what causes that, and what things help it? Got it bad and that's my biggest complaint of everything going on.
    I had this as bad if not worse than anyone I've ever read about. Go read my earlier posts, I was completely torn apart from reality, everything was surreal, vision was shiny and 2 dimensional, light sensitivity, felt like I was in a dream. I know you're scared and all but try and relax, don't give into urges to post stuff like this because it's all a big machine that fixes itself at once and you're just going to worry yourself. I believe personally this is hormonal, once I began the herbs and my testosterone started raising I felt myself immediately get put "back into the drivers seat" as I call it. I still have brain fog and feel dumb as hell a lot of the time, but my vision isn't insane and I'm not really disconnected from reality. There's no spot reducing this symptom, it is all collectively coming back online at the same time, little by little. Just do the protocol and it'll all alleviate itself in time.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually did have it that bad at the beginning. Same thing you describe. I'd be in the grocery store and it felt like a dream/nightmare wondering down the isles, nothing was real, major disconnect, people felt like inanimate objects, majorly sensitive to outside light (would actually make me throw up at times), and there was this indescribable constant surge in my brain that was so awful I wanted to die. Best way to visually describe what it was like at its worst was an acid trip but there wasn't colorful hallucinations. It was just a messed up version of reality.

The surge subsided awhile ago, people feel more real now, and my surroundings seem more familiar. But it's just that damn disconnect feeling and lack of enjoyment that's frustrating. And yah, the dumb and lethargic stuff is still a problem. Memory of things earlier in the day is a haze too. Just frustrating. I'm not panicking over it but just very frustrated. There is obviously fear of permanency but anxiety levels is perfectly fine.

I'm 6 months in from initially crashing. How long was it for you to feel more connected?

Grocery stores were the absolute worst, they are still a tad bit weird for me. Same with driving my truck, mirrors, and looking at screens such as TV. It's all slowly slowly resolving. I only started to feel connected again once I began taking the herbs which was around a month and a half ago. I don't believe it's something that resolves itself, I think you need to get your hormones back into balance. I started taking the pine pollen powder daily and that has really helped with my disconnected feeling. I have been on the protocol since September though bro, it's all a slow process. Make sure you're keeping your anxiety down, anxiety can have that affect on people even without PFS where it disconnects you from reality as a defense mechanism to protect you if you are constantly freaking out. It's your brains way of protecting you from dangers of reality. Same with vision, your pupils become dilated because you are in fight or flight, resulting in vision changes and DP/DR.

Also, I had the same experience with my water fast that you did. Extremely loud ringing in my ears, and while laying down or sleeping it felt like i was suspended in mid-air. I did 5 days. That's all gone away now, just push through it next time. You'll need to get that fast out of the way to really begin the protocol. After that, I promise the results will begin to come to you.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Woke up just a bit ago after 4 hours of sleep. Most mornings (90-95% of the time), I wake up feeling horrible and very unwell. This morning was the worst I've felt in awhile. Weak, lethargic, unbalanced, exhausted, and just sick. As I begin to wake up, it eases a bit. But I got up out of bed to go downstairs and fill my liter water jug and nearly lost my balance on the stairs and collapsed. I grasped the stair railings quick and just took a moment to breath deep and slowly go down the stairs. Got the water, went back upstairs, and got back into bed. Now, got a mild headache and head pressure. I'll be glad when this water fast is over for awhile. Very terrified I'll never sleep normally again and be well enough to get out of this damn house. This condition has a sick sense of humor to give you some sense of hope and rip the rug from underneath you in an instant.

On a positive note, my Systolic Blood Pressure has returned to normal by doing this fast. Pre-PFS, I always ran 80-90 Systolic and that's where I am at now consistently for the past couple of days. Latest BP is 93/61 and pulse was 56bpm.
    This is why I recommend fasting at a clinic. That being said, if you keep the fast to seven days or under you'll be okay.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't have the money or resources for it. I have crappy health insurance that only covers basics and literally only have $53 to my name because I'm bad off to the point where I can't work. All of what I'm suffering from is neurological. Urologically, I'm fine.

Should I stick to the 5 days or is 3 days enough? I've been drinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8 liters of water during this fast and have peed a lot.
    I get it, believe me, but the recommendation has to do with safety, not finances.

Neither is long enough....a week at minimum. But again, water fasting should be done under medical supervision. For those that can't afford it, I recommend the juice feast.

And there is no way to properly answer your question, "is it enough." Typically we should fast until our bodies tell us we are done, but that's not the way our world works. We have time and deadlines and things to do. But as stated on the site, a week is the bare minimum for water fasting.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Day 4 of the water fast and woke up with a splitting headache, very weak, and sore everywhere. Not feeling as bad as I did the day prior waking up. But that PFS feeling is always there like I'm getting too much of something chemically and it's very uncomfortable. The feeling is so prevalent that I feel it in my dreams. I think it's too much Cortisol. Might be a good idea to try cycling some Ashwaganda after the fast. Thoughts?
    You need to stick to the program. Don't start adding in things and tweaking things because you think you need them. Stay the course that has been laid out in front of you and has helped hundreds of guys. There is a reason things are the way they are. The ones who are successful understand this and follow it blindly. Typically blind faith isn't the best way to go about things, but in this instance, it most certainly is.