User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    My guess is that many of these users were also prescribed Finasteride and don't realize that Finasteride is the cause of their lasting effects.

For instance:

Basically they stopped finasteride, but continued on minoxidil, and now attribute their long lasting PFS symptoms to minoxidil.
    Well i never have taken finastride in my life so that theory doesnt hold up and so have many other dudes ive spoken to who have crashed from minox

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    Well i never have taken finastride in my life so that theory doesnt hold up and so have many other dudes ive spoken to who have crashed from minox
    I should clarify, I'm not saying minoxidil cannot be the cause of adverse reactions in users. I'm saying that the effects of minoxidil are almost certainly not being caused for the same reasons as Finasteride (IE, 5ar reduction).

Take the case study: TOPICAL MINOXIDIL 5% INDUCED MALE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION

The arteriolar vasodilation induced by minoxidil activates the peripheral sympathetic nervous system (SNS) via carotid and aortic baroreceptor reflexes. In tandem with activation of the SNS, both the pulse rate and cardiac output increase (11,12). Minoxidil administration evokes an increase in plasma renin activity, largely due to activation of the SNS (13-15). The activation of the renin-angiotensin axis elicits an increase in plasma and urinary aldosterone levels (13-15). As well as, minoxidil possesses alpha-adrenoceptor agonist activity in addition to potassium-channel opening activity (16). As a part of erection biology, the peripheral nervous system helps transmit the central impulses to the end organ. Sympathetic pathways generally provide inhibitory impulses, whereas parasympathetic and somatic innervation is
    pro-erectogenic, the most important component responsible for penile erection is the corpus cavernosum; smooth muscle relaxation within this tissue is the endpoint of all stimuli resulting in an erection, Alpha-adrenergic agents induce smooth muscle contraction and result in DE tumescence (17). Antagonism of alpha-adrenergic signaling
    enables other independent relaxatory pathways to predominate within the penile trabecular smooth muscle (18). Allergic dermatitis which manifested by the patient as itchy and burning scalp, which is seen on examination as an erythematous and scratched scalp, leads to increase in absorption of topical minoxidil systematically. This increase
    in absorption leads to low blood pressure values manifested as dizziness. Because of arteriolar vasodilatation caused by absorbed minoxidil and the direct adrenergic effect of minoxidil; sympathetic system activated. Sympathetic system activation flagged by chest tightness and racing heart also led to corpus cavernosum smooth muscle
    contraction and result in DE tumescence.
    In the patient reported here, the absence of organic and psychological cause of erectile dysfunction, and the indirect effect on minoxidil.
    Of course, for this patient, when he stopped minoxidil, the issues went away.
    Last edited by BBG; 02-11-2021 at 11:22 PM.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    I should clarify, I'm not saying minoxidil cannot be the cause of adverse reactions in users. I'm saying that the effects of minoxidil are almost certainly not being caused for the same reasons as Finasteride (IE, 5ar reduction).

Take the case study: TOPICAL MINOXIDIL 5% INDUCED MALE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION

Of course, for this patient, when he stopped minoxidil, the issues went away.
    Yeah, there are also guys with PFS-type symptoms from taking things like Zoloft, Prozac, Accutane, etc and none of those things effect 5ar (or at least not in any significant way.) For minoxidil to cause PFS-type symptoms it would be, like you’re saying, through some other mechanism. Who knows what it is, though. Dutasteride and saw palmetto would probably have the exact same mechanism as finasteride because they’re all 5ar inhibitors. But ultimately the solution would be the same, whether the cause was rogaine, SSRIs, 5ar inhibitors, etc. For all of these drugs, the side effects normally go away once you stop taking them, and then for the rest of us, there’s this protocol.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 02-12-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crashed from rogaine few years ago got all the pfs symptoms; low libido, low eq, low energy, poor mood, food sensitivities, eczema etc

I've tried a lot of chit and I'm just wondering if it would be safe to do TRT? I've looked through this forum looking for people mentioning doing TRT and no ones said it?

I really wanna get on TRT and see if it works. I did pinepollen and it made me feel almost 80% recovered but then slipped to baseline. Thoughts?
    I wouldn’t go on TRT, which doesn’t even cure PFS, when I could do the protocol and actually recover.

Also when you take TRT, your body’s elevated test levels cause less FSH and LH to be produced, which makes your body make less test and reduce your testicular size (and capacity to make more test.) (Your pituitary gland detects the high levels of test and says “We have too much test now. Let’s reduce test production and our testicle size to get our high test levels back down to where they should be.”) It’s generally something that once you go on it, you stay on for life. It’s not something to dabble in. I know TV commercials and stuff make it sound like it’s no big deal, just something you take to become super-manly again, but that’s marketing bullshit. Going on TRT is a big deal and it’s not something to do lightly, especially in your 20s.

As for nobody mentioning TRT, this idea has come up in other threads. There’s a thread where someone wanted to use bioidentical testosterone (aka TRT…) and he got the same answers.

If you felt 80% from pine pollen powder, you’ll feel amazing if you do the actual protocol, the full thing. Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this website is so broken, i cant see anything, it crashes everytime i go to see page 3, im not able to see anyones responses and on this page cdnuts' response is completely blank

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this website is so broken, i cant see anything, it crashes everytime i go to see page 3, im not able to see anyones responses and on this page cdnuts' response is completely blank
    The PHP version was upgraded by the hosting company yesterday and it broke the site - we had to debug it, back it up to ensure nothing was lost when reverting to the older PHP and then it was corrected just a few minutes ago.

Site should be gtg - but will require some updates in the near future

But, posts that were made while the site was down appear to be lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    The PHP version was upgraded by the hosting company yesterday and it broke the site - we had to debug it, back it up to ensure nothing was lost when reverting to the older PHP and then it was corrected just a few minutes ago.

Site should be gtg - but will require some updates in the near future

But, posts that were made while the site was down appear to be lost
    thx for explaining, cheers

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test - haven't had any luck lately responding.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Test - haven't had any luck lately responding.
    u tried to run some test and no luck?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u tried to run some test and no luck?
    Was referring to testing posting on the forum, haven’t been able to as of late.

But on the topic, no, I wouldn’t recommend testosterone as a way to treat PFS. At best, it is a non-optimal bandaid.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.