User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serotonin boosters safe for occasional use?

Hey folks,

I'm playing with the thought of buying some 5-HTP or St. Johns Wort to use like once in a week or so.
    Does anyone have experience with those?

Having some concerts and festivals in the summer and I think those would spike my serotonin quite a bit to be able to enjoy the music more...

I never used them, but would an occasional use of them lower dopamin too much?
    Should I take them with Mucuna or Shilajit or not at all?

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSatan View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm playing with the thought of buying some 5-HTP or St. Johns Wort to use like once in a week or so.

Having some concerts and festivals in the summer and I think those would spike my serotonin quite a bit to be able to enjoy the music more...

I’d use them to optimize serotonin beforehand, but don’t take it during, or right after your roll. I’d stop the day before, and start the day after, to replenish. But I take it before bed for a week at a time sometimes and it does help elevate my mood daily. I do notice I feel more positive, but that could be placebo.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't use it personally. Seratonin and Dopamine work on a seesaw and I think our dopamine is impaired with pfs = arousal.

I used st johns before I got pfs and it did fuck up my libido. never tried 5htp but I'd assume it does the same. Nature walks give u all the upside of seratonin especially now that it's nice out without the negatives. Even tho those are pretty natural.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    I’d use them to optimize serotonin beforehand, but don’t take it during, or right after your roll. I’d stop the day before, and start the day after, to replenish. But I take it before bed for a week at a time sometimes and it does help elevate my mood daily. I do notice I feel more positive, but that could be placebo.
    He's going to roll?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey folks,

I've never gotten much out of them, but you could try without hurting yourself. They're generally safe.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I hve the weirdest libido. before I got pfs when I was all normal I had a super high libido like Russell Brand's or something.

But at the same time alcohol, kratom, seratonin boosters, and what finally crashed me RU58841 would nuke it. Sky high yet sensitive to obstruction.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    He's going to roll?
    [
    Generally how most people I know would have understood “I’d like to spike my serotonin to enjoy the music more.” I take that as a low key “hey I’m gonna take some Molly.”

Anytime music festival and serotonin is used, I’ll inherently assume it’s molly related.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Generally how most people I know would have understood “I’d like to spike my serotonin to enjoy the music more.” I take that as a low key “hey I’m gonna take some Molly.”

Anytime music festival and serotonin is used, I’ll inherently assume it’s molly related.
    Yeah, I get the reference, but given he's on this forum and he's going through PFS type shit, he may be genuinely trying to enjoy himself more because of the blunted effects brought on by this condition.

If he is going to roll, I would highly recommend against it. I rolled last year, for the first time in almost fifteen years. I was 40 years old and as healthy as one could be mentally and physically. I was an anxious wreck for 2-3 days afterwords. I had to grab some benzo's off the street and popped em like candy for a few days until my brain went back online. It would be an absolute nightmare for a guy in the throws of PFS to do that.

I shudder to think about it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No drugs, just wanted to know a safe option to increase serotonin, to see if it does sth for my anhedonia.

Thanks guys, I probably gonna try them soon. I can live with a decrease in libido as long as it is only for the moment...music always meant more to me than sex to be honest, although I also had an almost manic sex drive so I can relate jacknap lol. Could do like 7-8 rounds in a night...fun times but this condition we are in made me also think about ways to increase joy in life without sex...who knows if and when libido is back on track

so we can at least try to enjoy the other things in life and try to optimize the other aspects, as there are so many. Sex can be incredible, but it's also only the tip of the iceberg.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No drugs, just wanted to know a safe option to increase serotonin, to see if it does sth for my anhedonia.

Thanks guys, I probably gonna try them soon. I can live with a decrease in libido as long as it is only for the moment...music always meant more to me than sex to be honest, although I also had an almost manic sex drive so I can relate jacknap lol. Could do like 7-8 rounds in a night...fun times but this condition we are in made me also think about ways to increase joy in life without sex...who knows if and when libido is back on track

so we can at least try to enjoy the other things in life and try to optimize the other aspects, as there are so many. Sex can be incredible, but it's also only the tip of the iceberg.
    That's what I thought.

You'll get there my friend. As long as you stick to the program, you'll get there. I have no doubts about that.

How do you feel after a breathing session?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    That's what I thought.

You'll get there my friend. As long as you stick to the program, you'll get there. I have no doubts about that.

How do you feel after a breathing session?
    To be honest I didn't do the breathing exercises since the fast. Yet have to implement these. I still have to find out the benefits for this one...mabye I was doing them wrong before or not conistently enough.

Always have gotten more out of meditation =mostly benefits for anxiety/stress relief. I'll probably try to combine the two, a nice breathing session followed by deep meditation.

I love this trance like state in which you're put in sometimes during meditation, even if it's just there for seconds. Sometimes there seem to appear some subliminal pictures from my subconscious mind, often forgotten memories from my childhood or random feelings and stuff like that, which I think is awesome. One time it induced a beautiful melancholia, something I haven't felt in quite a while...it brought some tears to my eyes. Sometimes it makes you see more clear so you can perceive the bigger picture and lets you realize the more important things, other times it just pushes your state of well-being a bit (very subtle). I did meditate before my current condititon too and together with exercise it worked wonders for my social anxiety and induced a very grounded inner calmness. It's something probably everyone should do.