User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VERY IMPORTANT - Is my diet too “much”?

I’m asking, because while TMO has a specific outline, I’ve seen people like Damn or Ratchet say: “hey, there’s too much fruit in there.”
    With this in mind, I stopped all nuts, grains, and carbs except a banana in the morning - with intermittent fasting from 11am-7pm, and I frankly feel worse to be honest.

So, I need your input guys - what’s the ideal diet?
    This was mine for the past 2 weeks:
    Morning (11AM): 5 Eggs with Spinach, Can of Tuna, Banana, Dark Green Smoothie

Lunch (2PM): Chicken Breast with Salad, Steamed Vegetables, Bone Broth

Dinner (6:30PM): Meat/Salmon, Steamed Vegetables.
    I feel generally worse on this, and prefer slamming down some carbs at night-time, BUT I’m seeing that too much fruit (this is my main concern) can be detrimental to our recovery, so what should I go for?
    Is it fine to eat this:
    I wake up at around 9:30 and hit the cold showers.
    Morning (10AM): 5Eggs with Spinach/Garlic/Etc, with Goat Feta, Can of Tuna, Dark Green Smoothie, and a Banana, Goat Yogurt

Lunch (3pm): Chicken Breast, Salad with Pomegranate, Steamed Vegetables, Goat Yogurt

Dinner (8pm): White Rice with Meat and Onion, Steamed Vegetables, Goat Yogurt, Avocado/Banana smoothie with some almonds and a very small amount of blueberries.

Everyday, I include these at least once and possibility twice as probiotic foods: Goat Kefir, Kombucha, Sauerkraut, Home-made Bone Broth.

Is this too “unhealthy”?
    @Ratchet_V2 @Maxout777 @Cdsnuts @Turnover25

Any thoughts?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
    I’m asking, because while TMO has a specific outline, I’ve seen people like Damn or Ratchet say: “hey, there’s too much fruit in there.”
    With this in mind, I stopped all nuts, grains, and carbs except a banana in the morning - with intermittent fasting from 11am-7pm, and I frankly feel worse to be honest.

I feel generally worse on this, and prefer slamming down some carbs at night-time, BUT I’m seeing that too much fruit (this is my main concern) can be detrimental to our recovery, so what should I go for?
    Is it fine to eat this:
    Morning (10AM): 5Eggs with Spinach/Garlic/Etc, with Goat Feta, Can of Tuna, Dark Green Smoothie, and a Banana, Goat Yogurt

Lunch (3pm): Chicken Breast, Salad with Pomegranate, Steamed Vegetables, Goat Yogurt

Dinner (8pm): White Rice with Meat and Onion, Steamed Vegetables, Goat Yogurt, Avocado/Banana smoothie with some almonds and a very small amount of blueberries.

Everyday, I include these at least once and possibility twice as probiotic foods: Goat Kefir, Kombucha, Sauerkraut, Home-made Bone Broth.

Is this too “unhealthy”?

Any thoughts?
    Diet is weird with me. You have to find what makes you feel best. I’ve tried the diet you outlined the first time time and time and again, I always try and keep it as paleo as possible then end up feeling worse. Typically I eat mostly meat, fruit and nuts. Some veggies, no broccoli or cauliflower. I’ve seen a lot of posts saying to cut out fruit and nuts, but once I do I feel like shit and also don’t get enough calories in. When I’m eating only meat and veggies I feel like fuck and also start losing muscle.

Kefir, kombucha and bone broth are all foods that make me feel bad. Ive tried over and over to implement them, just doesn’t work for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve adjusted my diet numerous times throughout the past two years. It’s integral to recovery BUT the physiological stress it puts on you deciding what to eat vs. what not to eat is doing more harm than the potentially harmful foods you’re trying to avoid ever will. Also, what is good for one person is never going to be ubiquitously good for everyone else. You need to follow some general principles and refine for yourself from there. I can put together an exact outline for you later. No issues with fruit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet_V2 View Post
    I’ve adjusted my diet numerous times throughout the past two years. It’s integral to recovery BUT the physiological stress it puts on you deciding what to eat vs. what not to eat is doing more harm than the potentially harmful foods you’re trying to avoid ever will. Also, what is good for one person is never going to be ubiquitously good for everyone else. You need to follow some general principles and refine for yourself from there. I can put together an exact outline for you later. No issues with fruit.
    Would be highly appreciated Ratchet

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post

Is it fine to eat this:

Is this too “unhealthy”?

Any thoughts?
    The ideal diet is the one outlined on the site. Anytime you switch from the SAD diet to a much healthier one, you're going to go through some adjustment period where you feel off. This is normal. Just think....if you were out in the wild, what would you be able to eat? That is the ideal diet
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The ideal diet is the one outlined on the site. Anytime you switch from the SAD diet to a much healthier one, you're going to go through some adjustment period where you feel off. This is normal. Just think....if you were out in the wild, what would you be able to eat? That is the ideal diet
    Do you still follow strict paleo or have you went back closer to a SAD diet?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Do you still follow strict paleo or have you went back closer to a SAD diet?
    Diet is the most bioindividual thing on earth. What works for CD, may not work for me or you. Doesn’t mean it has to be strict, but whereas something like sweet potatoes may never agree with me, might agree with CD, and vice versa on other foods.

I’d never expect to maintain any sort of decent health on a SAD diet. It’s not so much the food, but the food quality. Rancid omega 6 PUFAs, trans fats, MSG, and industrialized meat equal shit health for anyone, not just PFS folks.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Diet is the most bioindividual thing on earth. What works for CD, may not work for me or you. Doesn’t mean it has to be strict, but whereas something like sweet potatoes may never agree with me, might agree with CD, and vice versa on other foods.

I’d never expect to maintain any sort of decent health on a SAD diet. It’s not so much the food, but the food quality. Rancid omega 6 PUFAs, trans fats, MSG, and industrialized meat equal shit health for anyone, not just PFS folks.
    It really is. A lot of paleo foods don’t agree with me, it’s taken me along time to nail my diet in. I eat about a half cup of almonds a day for calories (I’m currently bulking) what do you think of that? It makes me nervous sometimes as some guys like Damn and English stayed away from them, and I am still fighting off some symptoms. But I don’t feel bad while eating them.

Im really just curious if you guys kept the diet after recovering, seems like it’d be easy to slip once you feel better

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was as strict as possible with diet for the first year of recovery as I was terrified of making myself worse. If anything, it helped with peace of mind.

Once I got to around 70% recovered I started eating things like sushi, ice cream and chips post workout and realized they weren’t actually setting me back at all lol. But the stricter diet definitely helped with the mental side of things, which is really important with PFS.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    It really is. A lot of paleo foods don’t agree with me, it’s taken me along time to nail my diet in. I eat about a half cup of almonds a day for calories (I’m currently bulking) what do you think of that? It makes me nervous sometimes as some guys like Damn and English stayed away from them, and I am still fighting off some symptoms. But I don’t feel bad while eating them.

Im really just curious if you guys kept the diet after recovering, seems like it’d be easy to slip once you feel better
    My diet now looks very different to that of TMO. I personally eat a carnivore/ancestral inspired diet with intermittent fasting during the morning, sometimes using bulletproof coffee sometimes not. I eat mainly red meat, some heritage pork and pastured chicken. Raw eggs, raw milk, wild caught sardines and anchovies, and occasionally will eat organ meat once or twice a month. I eat carbs with every meal, usually getting most from in season berries, raw milk, raw honey, and purple sweet potatoes and regular organic potatoes from time to time (the latter two usually on big exercise days with dinner). My fats besides meat and dairy come from EVOO, MCT Oils, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts (max of 2 or 3 a day). I do eat out like a normal human being and break my diet, and do drink alcohol (beer, Irish whiskey, etc.), just usually only once or twice a week. Eat anywhere between 3100-3700 cals a day dependent on exercise level.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Maxout777; 10-04-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.