User Tag List

Thread: Melatonin?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melatonin?

Sleep still rough from latest crash. Falling asleep easily but waking up every 60 - 90 minutes all night with rapid heart rate. Can usually fall back asleep within a few minutes but when I wake up between 2 and 3am the heart is pounding and it can take 30 - 60 minutes to fall back asleep. Also usually very hot and sometime even sweaty. Thinking of taking melatonin to try to at least get a solid 3 - 4 hours of sleep at the beginning of night. Supposed to be the most important time for hormones anyway.

Anyone have any experience with melatonin?

Any recommended brands to go with or stay away from?

Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak from a PFS standpoint, but iconic formulations just recently released Neuro Melatonin topical - the issue with melatonin is the extremely short half life (around 30 minutes)...trandermal delivery slowly releases melatonin into the bloodstream over about 6 hours, to not just get you to sleep, but to keep you asleep.

There are some studies on the use of td melatonin to aid in managing jet lag, or for those who switch to evening shifts and need to sleep during the day.

https://iconicformulations.com/colle...euro-melatonin

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate you have being on here over 4 years. How are you still having crashes? Aren't you recovered?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    I can't speak from a PFS standpoint, but iconic formulations just recently released Neuro Melatonin topical - the issue with melatonin is the extremely short half life (around 30 minutes)...trandermal delivery slowly releases melatonin into the bloodstream over about 6 hours, to not just get you to sleep, but to keep you asleep.

There are some studies on the use of td melatonin to aid in managing jet lag, or for those who switch to evening shifts and need to sleep during the day.

https://iconicformulations.com/colle...euro-melatonin
    Thanks. I will check it out.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
    Sleep still rough from latest crash. Falling asleep easily but waking up every 60 - 90 minutes all night with rapid heart rate. Can usually fall back asleep within a few minutes but when I wake up between 2 and 3am the heart is pounding and it can take 30 - 60 minutes to fall back asleep. Also usually very hot and sometime even sweaty. Thinking of taking melatonin to try to at least get a solid 3 - 4 hours of sleep at the beginning of night. Supposed to be the most important time for hormones anyway.

Anyone have any experience with melatonin?

Any recommended brands to go with or stay away from?
    Sleep - Total Male Optimization
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"