User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flamingpie's Road to Recovery

Hey all! Long time lurker here. First off, I love all the positivity on this forum. You might recognize my username from that other toxic forum. That place was just swimming with negativity, and I couldn't take it anymore. I think I might've been better off never visiting that site.
    Well my plan here was to not make a single post until I was recovered. Sadly that's not the case yet, but I figured I should just start posting anyway as a way to speak out loud about my journey (instead of keeping it bottled inside with no one to talk to).

I should add that I have made tremendous progress over the last 18 months! Over the last year and a half I've gone through many periods of brief 100% recovery, once lasting for over 2 months. Still seems like I've got a ways to go until I never have to think about this again, but I'm working my way there! I've been battling PFS for 11 years now, and it's crazy to look back and realize just how far I was even 6 years ago. Happy to say that on most days now I get morning wood and spontaneous erections at random points in the day. Libido is still kinda low, and my erections could be stronger. Also seeing other positive changes like deeper sleeps, vivid dreams, regular bowel movements, and more energy. Also I'm definitely in the best shape of my life, and if I never got PFS I don't think I would've ever been so into physical fitness like I am now.

I'm basically doing everything that's recommended. I've been gluten free for 9 years and nut free for 5 years, both doctors orders based on other autoimmune disorders that I have. My diet is super healthy, getting a healthy dose of veggies, fruits, meat, eggs, white rice, oatmeal and sweet potatoes. Also eat greek yogurt (it's my only dairy in my diet). Cycle herbs, workout 4 times a week, do skin brushing, take cold showers, you know the drill.

I'll stop rambling now, just wanted to introduce myself. I did have 1 question for the forum, though. I used to include 5g of creatine as part of my herb rotation, but last week I started taking it after every workout (4x a week). When I took it once per cycle I felt like I noticed improvements, but ever since I cranked it up to 4x a week I actually had a couple of days where I didn't wake up with morning wood (something that I've had pretty consistently this year). Is this just a coincidence, or should I be slowing down on the creatine? Does anyone here take it everyday? I was excited about the potential gains it could lead to in the gym, but it's not worth it if it's gonna mess with my recovery. Thanks guys!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome man, glad to see you on this forum and on the track now.

I read your story quite a bit when I first crashed in 2016, as I was a saw palmetto case as well. Your story gave me a good bit of hope, as you had seemed to persevere for a long time through some really crappy times and symptoms. Glad to hear your doing almost 100% better! Please let me know if you ever need anything.

Regarding creatine, some seem to be able to use it just fine, others can't. I used creatine HCL at CD's recommendation and seemed to tolerate it just fine. I eventually binned it as I didn't like the longer term use of it as far as kidneys go, as I have kidney issues that run in the family.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man! Damn, another Saw Palmetto victim, this shit is the worst! I'm happy to see you've been having success as well, this is just temporary!
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna chill with the creatine for now. Doesn't seem like it was essential to a lot of the recoveries I've been reading. I have noticed, however, that A LOT of people have been taking Pine Pollen powder daily with success. I was only cycling that. Think starting today I'm gonna do 2 teaspoons a day and see how that works out!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpie View Post
    Thanks man! Damn, another Saw Palmetto victim, this shit is the worst! I'm happy to see you've been having success as well, this is just temporary!
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna chill with the creatine for now. Doesn't seem like it was essential to a lot of the recoveries I've been reading. I have noticed, however, that A LOT of people have been taking Pine Pollen powder daily with success. I was only cycling that. Think starting today I'm gonna do 2 teaspoons a day and see how that works out!
    Indeed. My thread is buried on this forum but everything I did and my experiences is in that. I considered myself recovered from SP PFS about 18-20 months on the program. Now, everything I do is for general health improvements for the most part. Trying to limit a stressful life from killing me dead, lol.

You’ll get there man, keep at it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now 14 days into taking Pine Pollen daily. It's been interesting so far. First 4 days nothing too crazy, although I did notice my flaccid state looked, er, fuller. But by Day 5, holy shit. From days 5 to 8 my libido was through the roof! Well, at least compared to how it's been since PFS. I was waking up and getting mid day random erections that felt like they'd cut through my pants lmao. Unfortunately that didn't last forever, as from day 9 to now I've basically been feeling the same as I did before I started taking it daily. I was taking 2 teaspoons a day, so today I upped it to 3 teaspoons. We'll see how that works out. Should I be upping the dose, or lowering the dose? Also I saw some people write that while they say they take it daily, they actually skip a couple days during the week. Should I be taking a break mid week, or over the weekend or something?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now 14 days into taking Pine Pollen daily. It's been interesting so far. First 4 days nothing too crazy, although I did notice my flaccid state looked, er, fuller. But by Day 5, holy shit. From days 5 to 8 my libido was through the roof! Well, at least compared to how it's been since PFS. I was waking up and getting mid day random erections that felt like they'd cut through my pants lmao. Unfortunately that didn't last forever, as from day 9 to now I've basically been feeling the same as I did before I started taking it daily. I was taking 2 teaspoons a day, so today I upped it to 3 teaspoons. We'll see how that works out. Should I be upping the dose, or lowering the dose? Also I saw some people write that while they say they take it daily, they actually skip a couple days during the week. Should I be taking a break mid week, or over the weekend or something?
    You can take it every day, just keep an eye on it if you're doing a high dosage. My personal experience is I am very sensitive to things that touch potassium, and Pine Pollen definitely does that due to the Androsterone content and other compounds naturally occurring inside of it.

This can easily be remedied with coconut water, bananas, etc without the need for a potassium supplement. I do this every time I run a supplement/compound that is prone to loss of potassium, especially since my workouts are pretty demanding 4/5 times a week to begin with.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good thanks for the tip! I have 1-2 bananas a day so hopefully my potassium levels are ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did you start cd's protocol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These last 5 weeks have been a roller coaster. I had a week and a half of feeling absolutely fantastic. Then things leveled off, and then earlier this week I had the 4 worst days I've experienced in years. It felt like my body was completely shutting down at one point. I had quickly upped my daily pine pollen dosage from 1 tsp to 3, and I think maybe that caught my body off guard? Who knows! For now I lowered it back to 1 tsp a day and I've gotten back to baseline these last couple days.

Need some advice here! I finished up my maca and butea, and it's time to add some stuff back to the herb cycle. I don't think I wanna replace the maca cuz I always felt the worst when I took that. I never really noticed a difference with the butea, so if there's anything better everyone recommends I'll try something new. Honestly I'm kinda on a budget now, so I'm hoping whatever I add next is affordable! I was thinking of picking up three new herbs, either mucuna, horny goat weed, pine pollen tincture, shilijat and butea. Which of these does everything think should be a staple in everyone's herb rotation?

I've also been looking into both the bathmate and ultrahard. But honestly I still don't think I understand what PH are. I'll need to do a bit more research before I consider that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These last 5 weeks have been a roller coaster. I had a week and a half of feeling absolutely fantastic. Then things leveled off, and then earlier this week I had the 4 worst days I've experienced in years. It felt like my body was completely shutting down at one point. I had quickly upped my daily pine pollen dosage from 1 tsp to 3, and I think maybe that caught my body off guard? Who knows! For now I lowered it back to 1 tsp a day and I've gotten back to baseline these last couple days.

Need some advice here! I finished up my maca and butea, and it's time to add some stuff back to the herb cycle. I don't think I wanna replace the maca cuz I always felt the worst when I took that. I never really noticed a difference with the butea, so if there's anything better everyone recommends I'll try something new. Honestly I'm kinda on a budget now, so I'm hoping whatever I add next is affordable! I was thinking of picking up three new herbs, either mucuna, horny goat weed, pine pollen tincture, shilijat and butea. Which of these does everything think should be a staple in everyone's herb rotation?

I've also been looking into both the bathmate and ultrahard. But honestly I still don't think I understand what PH are. I'll need to do a bit more research before I consider that.
    Could potentially be the hypokalemia sides I was warning you about with the Pine Pollen. If you've ever experience hypokalemia, it's hell. It's very similar to certain early days PFS symptoms.

Additionally, I never could get Maca to ever bide well with me, so I binned it. I don't think it's worth pushing the envelope on. Of those you mentioned, if I was picking three based on my own personal experience, it would be mucuna, shilajit, and tincture.

Never Quit.