User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone ever recovered from anhedonia?

Has anyone ever recovered from anhedonia? I don’t mean this as, I was so depressed I couldn’t feel good type thing.

I mean the inability to feel at all. Completely emotionally numb, a zombie - you could kill your parents and not feel a thing, accompanied with that head pressure on your forehead when you do try?
    Am I the only one?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you recover from that. I used to feel like that all the time. There’s no silver bullet for it though unfortunately. It just goes away slowly while you are healing. I still get some head pressure now but I never lose control of my emotions or inability to feel. You’ll get it all back bro

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
    Has anyone ever recovered from anhedonia? I don’t mean this as, I was so depressed I couldn’t feel good type thing.

I mean the inability to feel at all. Completely emotionally numb, a zombie - you could kill your parents and not feel a thing, accompanied with that head pressure on your forehead when you do try?
    Am I the only one?
    This is specifically addressed in the sticky note at the top of the forum. All of the pfs symptoms are reversible. Over time, of course.

Please don’t hurt your parents or anyone else. If you are feeling homicidal urges that takes priority over PFS and you need to get into a stable, nonviolent mindset first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has SIGNIFICANTLY improved for me. Still not what it was pre pfs but a very noticeable improvement. I had an eerie blank expressionless stare, no laugh or smile reflex no wit and humor or empathy at all, all drastically improved. The fact I made it this far reassures me that I can go all the way. I believe you can too. It’s a combo of all protocol things plus anything that’s generally good for you like lowering your screen time as much as possible, having positive social interactions and I noticed doing some meditation in nature has helped. I’d do the TMO meditations while earthing, something about hearing the birds, smelling the plants and hearing the squirrels that would just remind me how ‘alive’ I really am. Tricky to explain like most things but to sum it all up I think you’ll get there bro. The improvements corresponded with diminishing of derealization for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaSolid View Post
    This has SIGNIFICANTLY improved for me. Still not what it was pre pfs but a very noticeable improvement. I had an eerie blank expressionless stare, no laugh or smile reflex no wit and humor or empathy at all, all drastically improved. The fact I made it this far reassures me that I can go all the way. I believe you can too. It’s a combo of all protocol things plus anything that’s generally good for you like lowering your screen time as much as possible, having positive social interactions and I noticed doing some meditation in nature has helped. I’d do the TMO meditations while earthing, something about hearing the birds, smelling the plants and hearing the squirrels that would just remind me how ‘alive’ I really am. Tricky to explain like most things but to sum it all up I think you’ll get there bro. The improvements corresponded with diminishing of derealization for me
    My experience to a T, except I would say I feel just fine now and don’t experience the severe type of anhedonia HOPE refers to any longer at all.

I walk to my office whenever it’s not raining too hard. It’s a 30 minute walk, couple miles, and I’m able to get there via bark trails through the forrest. I don’t listen to music or anything, just the birds and the world waking up. My sense of smell really kicked back on too and I really do stop and take time to breathe it all in. Its amazing. Once this was my routine, it became something that I very much look forward to and enjoy now. It’s done wonders for me mentally, especially as it pertains to the anhedonia, depression, DP/DR stuff. Plus, it’s a good amount of steps and helps anchor the circadian rhythm. It’s sad that it’s become this way, but nature truly is a nutrient, and everyone here could probably use a lot more of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a nice walk man, glad to hear you benefitted from similar things to me. I made a post almost a year ago about the sense of smell returning for me too and how it correlates with reintegration. I agree with you on the nature comment. Keep it up bro

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did this take would you say?