User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup, been a while. I've just been staying busy on the protocol and trying to not obsess too much, as I tend to do. Honestly, feeling pretty great all things considered. Still not 100% but my sleep is restful again and my libido is about where it's always been prior to fin. It's still going to be a bit and i'm entering a downswing i think, as i had a mini crash of sorts following a huge spike in libido for whatever reason, but it's not square one which is great. one further note, tomorrow marks the one year mark since i took my last pill. onwards!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Sup, been a while. I've just been staying busy on the protocol and trying to not obsess too much, as I tend to do. Honestly, feeling pretty great all things considered. Still not 100% but my sleep is restful again and my libido is about where it's always been prior to fin. It's still going to be a bit and i'm entering a downswing i think, as i had a mini crash of sorts following a huge spike in libido for whatever reason, but it's not square one which is great. one further note, tomorrow marks the one year mark since i took my last pill. onwards!
    Thanks for updating.

Forward progress in progress.

Keep pushing.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all, another update.

Life is almost as it was before, I'm just beneath my pre-fin baseline and unfortunately, have strayed off 100% protocol as a result. Specifically, less herbs, less cold showers. I'm in the gym nearly every day and I maintain the paleo diet and i'm continuing to see positive results. Best shape of my life by far, went from 220 down to a clean 190lbs at about 18-19% bodyfat. Surely the importance of diet and exercise have become ironclad in my psyche and I will take these pillars of health to my final days. Thanks to this community and CD, I'm another man of many who has clawed his way out of a dark place. There is still work to be done. I'm poor as shit at the moment asI start grad school, so herbs will be difficult, but I've been slowly moving back to 100% on protocol. I want to push through my pre-fin baseline and go beyond, and I know I'll get there eventually.

Flapjack

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey my man. Great to hear your making progress, your thread is inspirational. Once you’re hovering in the 90%s and a full recovery is within reach, it can be hard to stay fully committed. I’ve run into the same situation myself lmao. A great problem to have. Keep up the effort and finish this thing off, once and for all.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy for you man, you deserve all that shit! Make the best out of life, and definitely keep us posted on your progress beyond pre-fin baseline

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, sucks to say, as my most recent log was one of significant progress, but it appears I’ve hit a pretty huge setback l. It may have been the yeast with b vitamins that I mentioned in an earlier thread, but I’ve crashed pretty hard and am feeling terrible fatigue again, it’s been months since I’ve felt like this, and I really thought I had moved on. I’m worried because of the source of this crash. I don’t really know what to do other than press on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must keep moving like you were before.. or actually, if you had begun to slip a bit, get back the aggression you had at the beginning. I've had bad dips that felt like I was back at square 2 or so, but you have to keep going with a poker face. Other users here attest to having had some bad crashes even as they were getting eight near the finish line. Dont let it stress you, and dont let it slow you down.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    You must keep moving like you were before.. or actually, if you had begun to slip a bit, get back the aggression you had at the beginning. I've had bad dips that felt like I was back at square 2 or so, but you have to keep going with a poker face. Other users here attest to having had some bad crashes even as they were getting eight near the finish line. Dont let it stress you, and dont let it slow you down.
    This^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good and bad news -

The good is that the fatigue spell I was hit with after the yeast has pretty much dissipated, which is a relief.
    The bad is that my tinnitus - which I've had for 8 years as a result of other drug use, is on a tear after a night out at a club. I wore hearing protection as I almost always do in this setting, but there was a good 5 minutes or so where I didn't have them in. My hearing is still pretty much perfect but my tinnitus has just been ripping which is really concerning me. Being drug-induced tinnitus in the first place, I'm hoping that continuing along with the protocol will bring it back to the state it previously was, which was basically unnoticeable. But the anxiety is telling me PFS has weakened my hearing and this spike isn't going down again. Regardless, life goes on. I'm just hoping I see a resolution in this soon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Good and bad news -

The good is that the fatigue spell I was hit with after the yeast has pretty much dissipated, which is a relief.
    The bad is that my tinnitus - which I've had for 8 years as a result of other drug use, is on a tear after a night out at a club. I wore hearing protection as I almost always do in this setting, but there was a good 5 minutes or so where I didn't have them in. My hearing is still pretty much perfect but my tinnitus has just been ripping which is really concerning me. Being drug-induced tinnitus in the first place, I'm hoping that continuing along with the protocol will bring it back to the state it previously was, which was basically unnoticeable. But the anxiety is telling me PFS has weakened my hearing and this spike isn't going down again. Regardless, life goes on. I'm just hoping I see a resolution in this soon.
    I have PFS induced tinnitus. I got exposed to loud sounds at the dental cleaning, I had a huge spike, but it wasn't permanent. I don't mean that I'm tinnitus free, but it has generally lowered, and I had a handful of days (in the last 8 months) where it was really low.

I was the first one to be scared of tinnitus. I still am, but now that I understand what's going on, I realize that it's a biochemical response, rather than a physical damage. At least for me, it's a nervous system activation issue. If I expose myself to sounds, I will be sensitive to sounds for a few days. This lead me to believe that it's physical damage, but I always get back to baseline, and I recover much quicker with NMDA blocking substances, which tells me it's more a limbic system activation or excitoxicity.

I would recommend taking things that blocks the NMDA receptors (bacopa, magnesium threonate, gotu kola). Taking care of your liver and gut can also help tinnitus and sound sensitivity, as an overloaded liver or gut dysbiosis produces an excess of ammonia which stimulates NMDA receptors.

You got this king