User Tag List

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    What led you to make the consensus on GABA and vision? Was it like a specific time you supplemented and found out it had an affect? I ask because I've slowly and sometimes painfully learned what certain things to do the body, certain foods, certain vitamins, etc. affect me in different ways. I think everyone eventually sculpts their own specific plan that fits their needs while using the protocol as a foundation, which takes time, trial and error.

Neurotransmitters and all that is pretty complicated stuff, which makes me wonder what kind of trial and error you had to endure to figure that out. I haven't learned much about all that stuff so I'm glad there's guys here before me that understand how this stuff works more than I do haha.
    Mainly through my own struggles. I would notice that when my brain was really off, so would my vision. So I did some research and sure enough Gaba is connected to sight
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it’s frowned upon to talk about Phelp here, but there was a young man that recently recovered from neurological symptoms, primarily visual (I’m just like you Turn, mainly plagued with neuro symptoms - fishbowl feeling, head pressure, eye focus issues, etc) through bacopa, which impacts GABA receptors. It’s the most scientific explanation you will find and he actually had his CSF tested. You will be impressed with his post if you read it. But anyways CD seems to be right that the visual stuff is all GABA related. Anyways felt obligated to share in case it helps you in any way.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbbould View Post
    I know it’s frowned upon to talk about Phelp here, but there was a young man that recently recovered from neurological symptoms, primarily visual (I’m just like you Turn, mainly plagued with neuro symptoms - fishbowl feeling, head pressure, eye focus issues, etc) through bacopa, which impacts GABA receptors. It’s the most scientific explanation you will find and he actually had his CSF tested. You will be impressed with his post if you read it. But anyways CD seems to be right that the visual stuff is all GABA related. Anyways felt obligated to share in case it helps you in any way.
    it's one of the recommended herbs in the protocol for this very reason. Add in Gotu Kola and you have a one two punch.

And, it's not frowned upon to talk about anything here. You guys can discuss anything you wish. I just do my best to keep it as positive as it can be given the situation you guys are in. You don't need anymore mental negativity. it serves no purpose other then to keep you down.

This forum is, now, for the most part, to discuss recovery through the method laid out on TMO. That is the point. IF it strays from that from time to time, I just bump it back in the right direction. The recoveries here are here for a reason. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-28-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's Phelp? And thanks man, I actually have Bacopa but I haven't been using it, I think I'll throw it in my stack from now on and see what happens. By the way, how are you doing lately man? I know the mental stuff is hard to deal with.

Edit: Nvm, Propecia Help. Definitely frowned upon haha. But I'm glad that guy has recovered. If you want to throw me a link, I'd be happy to read his post. But I'm definitely not going to go to that site and fish around for it.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 05-28-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man - sorry for the late reply. I’m doing well. Slight improvements here and there, but nothing crazy. I can mentally handle this much better than early on, so grateful for that. Been off fin for a little over two years now. Took 2 pills. I’ve followed the protocol for a few months here and there but I always end up cheating by eating something shitty or having a few cocktails. My neurological stuff is pretty profound, so hopefully it’s fixable. I attribute most of it to neuro-visual issues, but I do have a feelIng it’s more profound. I plan on doing a fast and starting over again, so I will start my own thread once I do. There are some things that happen to your body that are just not fixable (even things that science can actually comprehend), so I’m willing to accept a recovery that isn’t 100%. Even if I get to 80, I’ll be super satisfied. I have no doubt I can get there, but I need to put in the work and listen to my body and make adjustments. Something this complex, won’t be a one size fits all, so I plan to take an approach where I make tweaks If necessary. I don’t think anyone here can say anything is one size fits all with such few data points (that’s just how science works). I’m going to do diet, herbs, etc. but I still haven’t decided on the pro-hormones. Will look to you guys for help when the time comes.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man - sorry for the late reply. I’m doing well. Slight improvements here and there, but nothing crazy. I can mentally handle this much better than early on, so grateful for that. Been off fin for a little over two years now. Took 2 pills. I’ve followed the protocol for a few months here and there but I always end up cheating by eating something shitty or having a few cocktails. My neurological stuff is pretty profound, so hopefully it’s fixable. I attribute most of it to neuro-visual issues, but I do have a feelIng it’s more profound. I plan on doing a fast and starting over again, so I will start my own thread once I do. There are some things that happen to your body that are just not fixable (even things that science can actually comprehend), so I’m willing to accept a recovery that isn’t 100%. Even if I get to 80, I’ll be super satisfied. I have no doubt I can get there, but I need to put in the work and listen to my body and make adjustments. Something this complex, won’t be a one size fits all, so I plan to take an approach where I make tweaks If necessary. I don’t think anyone here can say anything is one size fits all with such few data points (that’s just how science works). I’m going to do diet, herbs, etc. but I still haven’t decided on the pro-hormones. Will look to you guys for help when the time comes.
    What do you think is "just not fixable"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just accepting that not everything is fixable in life and that’s okay. Just because it was caused by Fin doesn’t all of sudden make it fixable. Lots of people live with eye floaters and tinnitus their whole lives (many difference causes). Some get lucky and it resolves. Deep wrinkles on your face are not going to disappear. I do believe most of my issues will resolve, but I won’t be back 100% to the person I was before this and that’s okay. I can live with that. Still be totally happy as long as the primary stuff resolves (neurological stuff).

Btw - @hulk how are things for you? You seem to be a vet, so absolutely value your opinion and experience.
    Last edited by mcbbould; 06-08-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just accepting that not everything is fixable in life and that’s okay. Just because it was caused by Fin doesn’t all of sudden make it fixable. Lots of people live with eye floaters and tinnitus their whole lives (many difference causes). Some get lucky and it resolves. Deep wrinkles on your face are not going to disappear. I do believe most of my issues will resolve, but I won’t be back 100% to the person I was before this and that’s okay. I can live with that. Still be totally happy as long as the primary stuff resolves (neurological stuff).

Btw - @hulk how are things for you? You seem to be a vet, so absolutely value your opinion and experience.

I don't think the neurological stuff like brain fog/visual issues/eye floaters are permanent, I've had days where my fog lifts and I can think/remember better than I could before fin, then it comes back again. So my theory is that something is more likely "blocking" your bodies ability to work properly, instead of something is broken. If it were broken, it wouldn't be possible for me to slip in and out like I tend to do. Also, guys like japanther recovered fully from full blown brain fog, I'd say I'm recovering, other days I have doubts but today maybe not, also, I had this exact same thing happen years ago when I took an antacid medication called Nexium. Same brain fog/neorogical block and visual issues, only this time it stuck around. Also, anxiety and stress alone can cause the same symptoms, even though I know thats hard to believe. The vision where it looks like you're looking out of a window, eye floaters and weird visual disturbances are things people report with DPDR, which is an anxiety induced phenomenon.

2 years is nothing in the big picture of life, bro. You're not going to be thinking of finasteride 50 years from now, your body is gonna figure it out, just get out of its way and aid it in the healing process. Make sure you're getting your nutrients, sleep and exercise and you'll be good man.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said. I have days where the neuro stuff lasts all day and I think to myself how will this ever go away. PFS can feel so intrinsically involved with the brain and all its feelings and thoughts and moods and desires. It traps you in a mindset that you can't escape. The best you can do in those moments is meditate and try and think about nothing because thinking about anything will be muddled with your PFS feelings. But then...... All of a sudden.... I will have days where I am completely 100% neuro symptom free. I wake up in the morning and see the sun shining through the window and have beautiful normal thoughts. Ill get out of bed and make breakfast and turn the tv on and think normally. Ill go the whole day making plans and analyze life and situations and have zero blockage and feel happy and excited. Ill think maybe I am free. How could my brain ever go back to that trapped feeling again? I feel totally free. It's a mind boggling thing. Because eventually something triggers it, and it slips back into that PFS trapped mindset and the cycle repeats itself.

So the good news is: My brain does still know what normal is. I have logged many more normal days than bad days the last few months. I would put my worst days up against anyone as far as neurological symptoms. I would love to be able to actually compare with someone because I'm sure I would win. But I am getting to a point where it's slowly being defeated by the good days. My brain wants to be normal. And I'm giving it as much help as I can. Time+TMO=normal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it man! Even your objective indicators like vision resolve 100% as well on the good days?