User Tag List

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really interesting thanks.

Just to pushback on the herbs you mentioned, if you say supplementing ALP didn't raise your gaba, wouldn't herbs be ineffective too (since you told me this summer they're supposed to raise gaba through raising ALP)?

Maybe you're right about the serotonin. The reason I suspect it because 1) I have crazy premature ejaculation (hich is a dopamine/serotonin issue) and 2) I have low estrogen.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AltRoute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    It's just one of the multiple ways. There's other things as well from diet and supplements. I'm looking into dopamine stuff currently. Things like Maca, Shilajit, and Tongkat Ali. Stuff for GABA would be L-Theanine, Gotu Kola, Kava, and Rhodiola.

Serotonin isn't something PFS'ers have to worry about much. I have yet to see a neurotransmitter panel from someone with PFS that has low serotonin. Serotonin is stimulated to synthesize by estrogens, which we know aren't a problem since they usually run high(er) in us than normal people due to 5ar being methylated and Testosterone preferring aromatization into estradiol. It's almost always both GABA and Catecholamines. Bare in mind for the neurologist that they need to run a test for both Catecholamines and an Amino Acid Profile. Both together will show where the neurological issues are stemming from. Otherwise, you can test it yourself here: ZRT Neuro Advanced Neurotransmitters Profile - www.canaryclub.org
    Just a question / thought since I’m not as technical in all this as you are - obv with the neurotransmitter/gaba supps that help regenerate from the Dht inhibitor damage, obviously I appreciate these supps being part of the protocol cycle but once the the damaged Neurotransmitters is fixed, could we eventually ween offf of them or will they be something we have to take for life for maintenance ? If that makes sense

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Really interesting thanks.

Just to pushback on the herbs you mentioned, if you say supplementing ALP didn't raise your gaba, wouldn't herbs be ineffective too (since you told me this summer they're supposed to raise gaba through raising ALP)?

Maybe you're right about the serotonin. The reason I suspect it because 1) I have crazy premature ejaculation (hich is a dopamine/serotonin issue) and 2) I have low estrogen.
    Fellas, I'm trying to follow along here but having trouble. Outlaw, when you say hes right about serotonin...because you have premature ejaculation and low E, this is to say what precisely? That your serotonin is low or high? Or just not properly being created/functioning for some reason? I'm asking because I have similar issues, and am trying to understand this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Fellas, I'm trying to follow along here but having trouble. Outlaw, when you say hes right about serotonin...because you have premature ejaculation and low E, this is to say what precisely? That your serotonin is low or high? Or just not properly being created/functioning for some reason? I'm asking because I have similar issues, and am trying to understand this.
    I meant that maybe Joe's right, and I don't have low serotonin.

The reason I suspect I have low serotonin is because premature ejaculation is caused by low serotonin.

Then Joe said usually guys don't have serotonin issues because they have high E, but I just pointed that I have low E, which is a bit less common in PFS, and could explain why I could have low serotonin.

I often like to try to understand things, but looks like it doesn't change the solution as Joe said: protocol will fix it overtime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant that maybe Joe's right, and I don't have low serotonin.

The reason I suspect I have low serotonin is because premature ejaculation is caused by low serotonin.

Then Joe said usually guys don't have serotonin issues because they have high E, but I just pointed that I have low E, which is a bit less common in PFS, and could explain why I could have low serotonin.

I often like to try to understand things, but looks like it doesn't change the solution as Joe said: protocol will fix it overtime.
    Thank you for that, really helped me grasp the interplay of terms and symptoms. While I am not interested in taking a spot-treatment approach to all of this, I cant help but satisfy my curiosity about what is implicated in what symptom and etc. If nothing else, I like to know what aspects of the protocol are touching on certain problem areas, as I find it helps to have a conscious intention behind the work we are doing, and the more info the better in that regard.
    Only thing I think I may want to zero in on in the future is getting my estrogen checked before I decide on a specific pro hormone, but from what I hear it seems saw palmetto oftentimes causes low E in guys.. .anyway, thanks again to both of you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Thank you for that, really helped me grasp the interplay of terms and symptoms. While I am not interested in taking a spot-treatment approach to all of this, I cant help but satisfy my curiosity about what is implicated in what symptom and etc. If nothing else, I like to know what aspects of the protocol are touching on certain problem areas, as I find it helps to have a conscious intention behind the work we are doing, and the more info the better in that regard.
    Only thing I think I may want to zero in on in the future is getting my estrogen checked before I decide on a specific pro hormone, but from what I hear it seems saw palmetto oftentimes causes low E in guys.. .anyway, thanks again to both of you.
    Yeah I feel you, you remind me of myself haha. I'm really trying to let go of that tendency, since it's been said that guys who jump head first without questioning anything recover the quickest. Easier said than done lol.

Yeah, if your E is low you could try AlphaFour, or stack it with Ultrahard. I did both and it was great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I feel you, you remind me of myself haha. I'm really trying to let go of that tendency, since it's been said that guys who jump head first without questioning anything recover the quickest. Easier said than done lol.

Yeah, if your E is low you could try AlphaFour, or stack it with Ultrahard. I did both and it was great.
    Thanks for the tip as always! You know I'll still be in touch when the time comes 😄

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Joe....welcome back brother.

Fellas......as stated ad nauseum. I may not throw down the printed science as Joe does, but I've always been good with going by "feel." I know that doesn't translate well to others trying to get out of this situation especially the more "technical" guys, but my experience along with hundreds of others isn't a coincidence.

Buckle down, hit the protocol and hit it hard, and stay consistent. Your hard work WILL pay off. That's a FACT.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw shheeeeiiiiiiiitttttt hcg was correct here. Cdnuts plus hcg if your balls were normal

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw shheeeeiiiiiiiitttttt

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder we dont see guys like boston332 oe len on here they nevee gad sny androgenic response.