User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topical magnesium vs oral

Hey guys, got a quick question regarding magnesium supplementation.

I've been replacing my oral magnesium with a topical spray you rub on the skin. It's similar to the one CD has on TMO (mag chloride and water). I typically spray 2 pumps before work and 3 before bed, for a total of about 400mg mag per day. I find the spray much more convenient than taking it orally.

Is it fine to have my only source of supplemental magnesium be from topical oils? Or should I still take it orally as well? @Cdsnuts

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Hey guys, got a quick question regarding magnesium supplementation.

I've been replacing my oral magnesium with a topical spray you rub on the skin. It's similar to the one CD has on TMO (mag chloride and water). I typically spray 2 pumps before work and 3 before bed, for a total of about 400mg mag per day. I find the spray much more convenient than taking it orally.

Is it fine to have my only source of supplemental magnesium be from topical oils? Or should I still take it orally as well? @Cdsnuts
    That's fine. You're getting mag in many of the supplements and herbs you take on the protocol regardless not to mention your diet. Route of administration isn't going to matter much as long as you're getting it in.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    That's fine. You're getting mag in many of the supplements and herbs you take on the protocol regardless not to mention your diet. Route of administration isn't going to matter much as long as you're getting it in.
    Appreciate it brother!