User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    You'll be ok brother. Stick to it and you'll be better looking and feel better than you did before pretty quickly.

Forearms and calves for me too were noticeably smaller. I think this is related to high cortisol and or mild insulin resistance. The protocol tackles both of these.

Also, for the faical stuff get a high quality Vit K2 supplment and take eggshell calcium. These are both amazing for bone health. My jaw has never looked better.

You can also do face dunks in really cold water to improve facial skin quality and to spot treat fat cells
    Hey Driven,

Thanks for taking the time to message I really appreciate it.

Im already taking vitamin D 3000 iu but I've seen that there is a vitamin D + K2 supplement so I'll get a good quality reviewed one off amazon now and I'll also look into eggshell calcium as that is a quite a glowing review you've given it. Also I take cold showers daily and do notice my face looks more vibrant after like you said.

I'm sure the protocol will take me back to myself pre fin it's just sometimes when symptoms do get worse you do research and with the facial ones it does seem quite rare I mean a Google search will take you to the dark side where of course noone recovers and here on swole source there isn't many start to finish threads regarding facial wasting as apposed to the other more common sides so it's hard to gauge a rough timescale. But I assume once I'm on the water fast Ill at least have the comfort of knowing I'm starting my journey to go back to who I was.

Also congrats on your progress and where you are now Driven. I remember reading your thread previously and you made me have the craziest though that the pfs I'm dealing with is not too bad :-). But with a screen name like the one you have it was never in question!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update time

Just finished a six day waterfast yesterday and broke it with a mix of melons and will continue today with fruit and some veg. Waterfast itself was quite difficult compared to the 5 day one I did 6 weeks prior in terms of my hunger levels and smelling food really set the hunger off.

Plan now is to dial down on the diet which will likely be eggs and either spinach, avacado or mushrooms then some kind of salad for lunch and then either chicken or beef with veg for lunch and fruit in between as I can handle it fine.

In terms of excercise I'll start with the herbs simultaneously with calisthenics as laid out on TMO but won't be able to do pull ups as I don't have anywhere really to do them. Do this for around 3 weeks but unfortunately the way covid is playing up and the gyms not being open over here I will probably have to go longer and if so I will invest in some dumbells to give me somewhat of a testosterone boost.

I just about managed to do the waterfast without alerting my parents but towards the end my lack of energy stopped me going to the kitchen and pretending to make food to not arouse suspicion and my hawk eyed mum has noticed my weight loss as a result and is now literally trying to stuff me with food. In a way the fact that my face has gone shorter and skinnier has helped me do the diet side of the protocol as my mum is worried about it and I've told her in six months it'll go back to normal (of course it may not but it buys me some time) so she is now supportive of it because if it was just mental or sexual issues it would be harder to deviate from what meals she usually makes and expects us to eat which is very carb heavy.

Otherwise I'm feeling motivated and know I can beat this thing with discipline and keeping it simple. Before I knew about this site I was scared as hell thinking my life was over but ever since I've been here and read recoveries and threads my outlook has been the complete opposite and I feel my mood has improved tenfold without even being on the protocol so I can only imagine how I will feel in the coming months now that I am strapped in and ready for the ride.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update time

Came off a 6 day waterfast (did 5 days previously aswell) seems that on my downswings since they arent as bad and its more just a bit of overthinking and sleeping an hour or so less than usual for the time being. 

I've used the week since coming off the fast to fine tune the paleo diet and have found a routine that works I believe based on eggs and spinach mushrooms or avocado's. Then a light salad or sushi (no soy sauce) for lunch and then meat and a lot of veggies for dinner. Snacks would be fruits or sardines 

Started both the calethenics excercise and the herbs today as per CDs advice of getting the ball rolling quickly and after doing 5 sets of push ups I did feel some slight anxiety I haven't felt in a while after but I know this is completely normal. Took pine pollen for the day two teaspoons and glad that I didn't have a bad reaction to it. In terms of benefits didn't really feel any but I know this will come with time and I stay in the knowledge that its doing stuff behind the scenes and any benefit I feel from a herb is a plus and shouldn't really be expected. 

As my side effects are essentially physical and slightly sexual I believe the effects will really start to kick off when I start in the gym lifting weights which I am slightly impatient about and I don't believe I am in that bad shape tbh to start in a few weeks obviously I would be starting light and easing my way in to the heavy stuff 

I replaced my vitamin d3 for a d3+k2 Daily supplement and oddly enough I've noticed some jaw pain but I'm not sure and doubt it's the supplement could just be my side effects worsening. I wish I could at least pause the sides as I know it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Also if anyone can answer I use dr bronners peppermint soap castile as body wash but have just seen people here saying peppermint inhibits dht. Should I buy another fragrance from Dr broner as I know his products are good or am I being over the top about this. Also apologies for the questions guys but is there any products good for face wash or moisturising especially for dry skin, I've tried to find stuff on amazon without xenostregens but they all seem to have something bad for us in them and I'm in the UK if that helps

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Update time

Came off a 6 day waterfast (did 5 days previously aswell) seems that on my downswings since they arent as bad and its more just a bit of overthinking and sleeping an hour or so less than usual for the time being. 

I've used the week since coming off the fast to fine tune the paleo diet and have found a routine that works I believe based on eggs and spinach mushrooms or avocado's. Then a light salad or sushi (no soy sauce) for lunch and then meat and a lot of veggies for dinner. Snacks would be fruits or sardines 

Started both the calethenics excercise and the herbs today as per CDs advice of getting the ball rolling quickly and after doing 5 sets of push ups I did feel some slight anxiety I haven't felt in a while after but I know this is completely normal. Took pine pollen for the day two teaspoons and glad that I didn't have a bad reaction to it. In terms of benefits didn't really feel any but I know this will come with time and I stay in the knowledge that its doing stuff behind the scenes and any benefit I feel from a herb is a plus and shouldn't really be expected. 

As my side effects are essentially physical and slightly sexual I believe the effects will really start to kick off when I start in the gym lifting weights which I am slightly impatient about and I don't believe I am in that bad shape tbh to start in a few weeks obviously I would be starting light and easing my way in to the heavy stuff 

I replaced my vitamin d3 for a d3+k2 Daily supplement and oddly enough I've noticed some jaw pain but I'm not sure and doubt it's the supplement could just be my side effects worsening. I wish I could at least pause the sides as I know it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Also if anyone can answer I use dr bronners peppermint soap castile as body wash but have just seen people here saying peppermint inhibits dht. Should I buy another fragrance from Dr broner as I know his products are good or am I being over the top about this. Also apologies for the questions guys but is there any products good for face wash or moisturising especially for dry skin, I've tried to find stuff on amazon without xenostregens but they all seem to have something bad for us in them and I'm in the UK if that helps

I used Dr. Bronner’s products with no issues whatsoever.

Currently I use a mixture of Ursa Major and Oars and Alps products for hair and skincare. For dental, I use the Hello brand line. Also have used Bronners for that as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply and advice Maxout much appreciated. Just one of those early days questioning everything analysis paralysis type of thing

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Update time

The unscented body wash on the HealthRanger site is pretty pricey, but if you buy the 3 pack and just use a few drops on a skin brush in the shower, they last a long time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    The unscented body wash on the HealthRanger site is pretty pricey, but if you buy the 3 pack and just use a few drops on a skin brush in the shower, they last a long time.
    Thanks dude. They look a great option but can't get them in the UK unfortunately

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update time

Downswing has arrived after about 2 weeks since the last one. So frustrating as I cannot get any kind of restful sleep and then comes slight depression and also flashbacks of certain horrific articles I've read during early stages of this journey. I also notice in downswings I tend to think irrationally like for example I feel I need to join a gym immediately even though I'm doing calisthenics at home which is what I should be doing. Currently I'm doing the diet, at home bodyweight workouts and rotating herbs but feel it's almost a waste without lifting especially in a case like mine where my body and face have lost muscle a lot and going to the gym and raising test will be like 60% of fixing physical symptoms I believe.

It does seem like this downswing is less intense than the last couple ones as with those ones I just couldn't sleep and with this one I can manage around 4 hrs tops. Even minor things like playing a video game on my phone or scrolling through twitter, Its like I'm not content doing it like before but once the downswing has gone I'm fine in that regard. Generally a couple wim hof rounds and a cold shower do help for a while.

I do try and remind myself as Turnover told me that mental sides are a lot worse than physical and I should be grateful for which I am it's just tough catching a glimpse of yourself and seeing the damage but I have taken solace in the fact that the protocol will recover me, I have no doubt about it.

I've noticed a lot of my posts are quite negative. It's so easy to come here and post when you feel like shit but when I'm feeling good mood wise it's easier to stay away so with that in mind it's only right that the next post I will make will have some good vibes hopefully to share.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @Comewhatmay I got a notification that I got tagged in a post, it’s been a while since I’ve been here, maybe a year since I last logged in, I won’t stay long but just to say I am still recovered, an awful lot has happened in my life and have since had a healthy baby daughter, the whole pfs nightmare is a distant memory now thankfully, I just want to say to everyone and you who are suffering, I was there, in hell for a long time, I wanted to die but I got better, my side effects are gone. The key is keep it simple, stick to what’s laid out and you WILL get over this, nowadays I don’t work out like i did during recovery, I don’t go to gym anymore but I do walk a lot, so nothing too strenuous but I’m fine, I have no sexual side effects anymore, from going from feeling like i had no penis i can gladly say all is good in that department now. I’ve lost some people close to me and have gone through ups and downs since but it’s normal life stuff not the pfs black hole shit that dominated my life for a long time, thank god. Keep pushing through lads and avoid negativity, don’t go down the rabbit hole of living on forums, the plan is laid out here by cd to get better, get on it and stay off the sites as much as possible, a lot of bad shit online that will f your head up, get the permanent label out of your head (that really fucked me up mentally as in people saying it’s impossible to recover from) you can get past it. One good thing that’s come from this dark chapter is that now when i face more real world challenges I say to myself if you can beat pfs you can beat anything. Best of luck lads

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjonas View Post
    Hello @Comewhatmay I got a notification that I got tagged in a post, it’s been a while since I’ve been here, maybe a year since I last logged in, I won’t stay long but just to say I am still recovered, an awful lot has happened in my life and have since had a healthy baby daughter, the whole pfs nightmare is a distant memory now thankfully, I just want to say to everyone and you who are suffering, I was there, in hell for a long time, I wanted to die but I got better, my side effects are gone. The key is keep it simple, stick to what’s laid out and you WILL get over this, nowadays I don’t work out like i did during recovery, I don’t go to gym anymore but I do walk a lot, so nothing too strenuous but I’m fine, I have no sexual side effects anymore, from going from feeling like i had no penis i can gladly say all is good in that department now. I’ve lost some people close to me and have gone through ups and downs since but it’s normal life stuff not the pfs black hole shit that dominated my life for a long time, thank god. Keep pushing through lads and avoid negativity, don’t go down the rabbit hole of living on forums, the plan is laid out here by cd to get better, get on it and stay off the sites as much as possible, a lot of bad shit online that will f your head up, get the permanent label out of your head (that really fucked me up mentally as in people saying it’s impossible to recover from) you can get past it. One good thing that’s come from this dark chapter is that now when i face more real world challenges I say to myself if you can beat pfs you can beat anything. Best of luck lads
    Hey @jimmyjonas,

First things first congrats on the birth of your baby girl, that's great news and it's always good to hear from someone on the other side of this.

Reading your thread and seeing just how low you were at one point and the recovery you made was one that lifted my mood and let me know there is a clear way out of here that isn't impossible and just need some discipline.

Your absolutely right about it not being permanent regardless of what they say on the other place but during the downswings I do get flashbacks to those articles which as you know freak you out but with the help of cold showers and breathing exercises they do help.

Waiting for the gyms to open over here so I can start lifting and really feel like I'm doing the whole protocol and get this nightmare over and done with. I would hope and imagine that when I'm doing everything I should I can just get on with my life knowing over time ill be better than I was

Again it's great to hear you are doing great and well and I also hope everything is going well on the music front also!

Take care my friend