User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking the Protocol Abroad

I'm planning on teaching English abroad for the next few years, either in Thailand, China, or Mexico. I'd like to start no later than August. I won't be fully recovered by then, so I'm going to have to take the protocol abroad. It seems to be easy enough to get quality meat and produce in these countries (as long as you're in metropolitan areas), so the herbs are my only real concern.

Does anyone have experience getting these things shipped overseas? The website claims to ship virtually everywhere, but I have no idea whether customs will confiscate these things. Just looking for some opinions. Cost isn't a huge concern. I'm willing to get fucked over on shipping costs. I just want to make sure there's a way to get these things across the border in bulk a few times a year.

I assume Mexico is good to go, since the website claims all North American orders are shipped free (over $100). I emailed Lost Empire, but I haven't heard back.

BTW, I'm doing pretty damn good.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine that China and Mexico would be good to go. The only one I wouldn’t know about is Thailand. Probably not a problem, but who knows.

Glad to see you. Good to hear you’re doing damn good.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    I'm planning on teaching English abroad for the next few years, either in Thailand, China, or Mexico. I'd like to start no later than August. I won't be fully recovered by then, so I'm going to have to take the protocol abroad. It seems to be easy enough to get quality meat and produce in these countries (as long as you're in metropolitan areas), so the herbs are my only real concern.

Does anyone have experience getting these things shipped overseas? The website claims to ship virtually everywhere, but I have no idea whether customs will confiscate these things. Just looking for some opinions. Cost isn't a huge concern. I'm willing to get fucked over on shipping costs. I just want to make sure there's a way to get these things across the border in bulk a few times a year.

I assume Mexico is good to go, since the website claims all North American orders are shipped free (over $100). I emailed Lost Empire, but I haven't heard back.

I have been in southeast Asia for 3 months now, I had no problem whatsoever with herb/supplement orders to Thailand. The shipping is actually faster then it has been to Canada. I haven't ordered anything from LEH yet, but they do ship to Thailand. The only issue is that Thailand slaps duties on orders over $50.

I don't know about China, but Vietnam customs were a massive headache and not worth it
    Last edited by basementdweller; 04-04-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    I have been in southeast Asia for 3 months now, I had no problem whatsoever with herb/supplement orders to Thailand. The shipping is actually faster then it has been to Canada. I haven't ordered anything from LEH yet, but they do ship to Thailand. The only issue is that Thailand slaps duties on orders over $50.

I don't know about China, but Vietnam customs were a massive headache and not worth it
    Wow, I can't believe someone here actually has personal experiences with the Thai customs office. What are the chances.

What are you doing in Southeast Asia, if you don't mind me asking? And where did you stay in Thailand?

How much are the duties? Are they calculated by weight of package or percentage of the order price?

Damn, I want to ask you so many questions now. I'll leave it at this for now.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I can't believe someone here actually has personal experiences with the Thai customs office. What are the chances.

What are you doing in Southeast Asia, if you don't mind me asking? And where did you stay in Thailand?

How much are the duties? Are they calculated by weight of package or percentage of the order price?

Damn, I want to ask you so many questions now. I'll leave it at this for now.

Just travelling and hanging out at beaches. I am planning on doing the same as you eventually, maybe just online tutoring though.

I haven't had to pay any duties because so far I have just made small orders, I stocked up a bit before leaving.

PM me your facebook or whatever you use, I'm basically out here indefinitely

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great news. Thanks for checking in and giving us an update. It makes all the difference for the new guys coming up....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support, as always, Max and CD.

Okay, I'll hit you up, basementdweller.