User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    And because of that, your healing is going to go into hypermode. I'm sure your cold exposure and breathing practices are adding to the increase in quality sleep as well. You're hitting next level on a bunch of things bro.
    Cold is great anytime, but yeah especially before sleep its hard to beat. I've pushed it a bit too far at times and been shaking laying in my bed for an hour lol
    Its only work until its routine

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Cold is great anytime, but yeah especially before sleep its hard to beat. I've pushed it a bit too far at times and been shaking laying in my bed for an hour lol
    Lol....maybe a tad too much.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    it's every day. I've tested doing it earlier and I don't notice a difference. I live in Canada we barely get sun here anyways. Only thing is if my neighbors are making a ruckace. redicolous because I live in a detatched house but they have kids who think it's cool to play basketball on our mutual driveway at 730am and they don't really care that it pisses me off lol
    Earplugs?

Light is the driver of circadian biology, and its nearly impossible to have sleep problems if you are living by mother nature's clock.

Before humans invented artificial lights sleep problems weren't really a thing.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Earplugs?

Light is the driver of circadian biology, and its nearly impossible to have sleep problems if you are living by mother nature's clock.

One thing that fascinated me about sleep habits before the invention of electric light was the practice of second sleep. Before lights people would usually fall asleep soon after the sun went down. They would sleep for four hours or so, wake up, eat, have sex, read and generally be up for an hour, sometimes two, then they would go into "second sleep" which is where they slept another four hours until the sun came up. Apparently this whole get an eight or nine hours of sleep in one shot is relatively new, in evolutionary terms, and man made. Who knew!

Some people wake up in the middle of the night. It's completely natural. But because of what's been drilled into our heads, we think there is something wrong, thus we start the mental gymnastics and drive our-self nuts. For the healthy people that have this habit, if they were to just relax, not stress out, they would end up falling back asleep in no time.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 10-12-2018 at 06:16 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earplugs?

What are you using for blue blocking? Glasses?
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    What are you using for blue blocking? Glasses?
    These early eavning/out in public:

Amazon.com: Blue Light Blocking Glasses By Bleu -FDA Registered Computer Eyewear Personal Care

These at home later evening:

DEWALT DW0714 Laser Enhancement Glasses - Safety Glasses - Amazon.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    One thing that fascinated me about sleep habits before the invention of electric light was the practice of second sleep. Before lights people would usually fall asleep soon after the sun went down. They would sleep for four hours or so, wake up, eat, have sex, read and generally be up for an hour, sometimes two, then they would go into "second sleep" which is where they slept another four hours until the sun came up. Apparently this whole get an eight or nine hours of sleep in one shot is relatively new, in evolutionary terms, and man made. Who knew!

Some people wake up in the middle of the night. It's completely natural. But because of what's been drilled into our heads, we think there is something wrong, thus we start the mental gymnastics and drive our-self nuts. For the healthy people that have this habit, if they were to just relax, not stress out, they would end up falling back asleep in no time.
    I've heard about this! thats so interesting. The only real insomnia I will have nowadays comes maybe once per month where I wake up and my mind runs wild with ideas and epiphanies for an hour or two.

Might be related to what you are describing. Its usually a beautiful headspace. Some of the clearest thinking I do outside meditation.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've heard about this! thats so interesting. The only real insomnia I will have nowadays comes maybe once per month where I wake up and my mind runs wild with ideas and epiphanies for an hour or two.

Might be related to what you are describing. Its usually a beautiful headspace. Some of the clearest thinking I do outside meditation.
    That's exactly it. There is an actual name for it but I can't recall it right now. It's like our built in meditation for the brain, at night, when it's quiet. Brilliant!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earplugs?

bro i use bose noise cancellation + pink noise it's not enough when my whole house foundation is shaking LOL I tried increasing volume of pink noise through my stereo by two beats and slept perfect last night tho so feeling good

naw I still had sleep issues even when i was going to bed at 10pm with pfs. i think it's just a neurosteroid issue
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hell yeah thanks for these