User Tag List

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What causes memory loss in PFS?

Is it low/high estrogen? Low DHT? A specific neurosteroid?

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I hope it to be, but this is one of my only remaining and distressing symptoms I have left to solve.

Any input about this from people who have recovered would be great.
    Last edited by Sygnal; 02-29-2020 at 05:09 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygnal View Post
    Is it low/high estrogen? Low DHT? A specific neurosteroid?

I'm guessing it's not as simple as I hope it to be, but this is one of my only remaining and distressing symptoms I have left to solve.

Any input about this from people who have recovered would be great.
    A combo of that... and then some. Basically, unbalanced hormones, decreased neurosteroids, decreased neurotransmitters (gut mostly), decreased metabolism, unbalanced microbiome, and poor nutritional absorption. To varying degrees on all of these per individual.

Specifically, there's no way of knowing what's off in your body without a plethora of tests. Some can be very painful if we're getting into neurological. Even then, the tests don't mean much unless something is dangerously off and life-threatening. What I can say is that those with PFS usually have low neurosteroids, which is a 5 alpha reductase production issue. Then again, most of what's going on with us all is downregulated 5 alpha reductase in many of the body's tissues. That's how all of this began, after all.

The protocol is long, hard work, and painful often. But it's necessary if you want to regain what was taken. We're all going through the same things but each of us has to walk much of the journey ourselves finding our own path out of the wilderness. A feeling of complete and total isolation on something like this is very scary but it will make you stronger in the end if you fight. And that's exactly what you have to do starting here until it is complete. We're here when you needs us for support on the way, too.