User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys it means the world to have some support from dudes online. I have to get my head straight and remember how well I was doing, and that it's gonna be quicker to reach baseline this time.

So you guys think the increased hyperacusis from the dentist will be temporary? Since the B Complex affects neurotransmitters, can it also be the cause of the increased tinnitus and hyperacusis? It did get even worse after the B. Don't want to overthink but this is so unbearable I'm trying to rationalize it.

I am confident I can conquer this crash, because my December crash was nastier and I became functional in 6 months. I am just petrified to have permanent damage to my weakened pfs ears and I am scared

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Thanks guys it means the world to have some support from dudes online. I have to get my head straight and remember how well I was doing, and that it's gonna be quicker to reach baseline this time.

So you guys think the increased hyperacusis from the dentist will be temporary? Since the B Complex affects neurotransmitters, can it also be the cause of the increased tinnitus and hyperacusis? It did get even worse after the B. Don't want to overthink but this is so unbearable I'm trying to rationalize it.

I am confident I can conquer this crash, because my December crash was nastier and I became functional in 6 months. I am just petrified to have permanent damage to my weakened pfs ears and I am scared
    I don’t know what hyperacusis means. What I can tell you is that if the problem came from fin… the protocol we’re all doing here will fix it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I don’t know what hyperacusis means. What I can tell you is that if the problem came from fin… the protocol we’re all doing here will fix it.
    It's sound sensitivity.

PFS gave it to me along with tinnitus, and both symptoms got gradually better over the span of 9 months. Then the dental cleaning made them really bad, and then the B Complex crash made it worse.

I know they were caused by PFS, but I don't know if a big noise accident can make them a condition on their own, since they can also both be caused by noise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    CD has said numerous times he can indulge in pretty much anything. Once your body is back into homeostasis and you have worked on your mental health there will be no reason at all anything will set you back unless you get back on fin or something.

Like you said Mal, its just a connection you made in your brain that has to lose strength over time. But it will, and a care free life is possible. It all depends on how you process these memories and cope with the trauma.

It is very unfair and frustrating, but the more you freak out about feeling bad, the longer it will take for you to 'forget' these connections and not have triggering thoughts about everything.
    I've had an intense anxiety disorder even before PFS (abusive upbringing), and I have no doubt that it contributed to me getting PFS to begin with. It's hard to have peace of mind. I've done therapy, but it's a tough beast to muzzle.

Case in point - I have this keto nut cereal I really enjoy to snack on every day while cooking. I just pop some into my mouth. I realized a few weeks ago that it has pumpkin seeds in it. Even though it hasn't hurt me at all, I still threw it in the garbage. I just didn't need the possibility in my head.

It's the same disorder that led to me getting chronic pelvic pain. I'm just working hard to keep it quiet.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    It's sound sensitivity.

PFS gave it to me along with tinnitus, and both symptoms got gradually better over the span of 9 months. Then the dental cleaning made them really bad, and then the B Complex crash made it worse.

I know they were caused by PFS, but I don't know if a big noise accident can make them a condition on their own, since they can also both be caused by noise.
    Just sounds to me like you are early in your journey to still be worrying about this stuff, it won’t always be like this. My first year or so, I had to worry about going to the dentist, eating at family events, shit like that just because my body was so sensitive to what I put in it. This will stop. It’s probably the first thing to stop in my experience. Eventually you’ll still have PFS but things won’t throw you off course as much.

You’re totally psyching yourself out. A year from now, if you stick to it and make good strides, you’re gonna read these posts and not understand why you were so freaked out. Pretty sure everyone here that’s been here for a while and done what they need to do can attest to that.