User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SHBG questions

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the shit for an awfully long time, I've been totally off for nearly six months now after using it on and off for seven years thinking it was harmless. I'm very familiar with the way cdnuts describes this whole process. Right now I feel better than I ever remember feeling.. Ever. And it just keeps getting better and better. I have bad days still for sure but less and less as time goes by. Its very exciting wondering where I'll be in a year or two from now.

As weird as it sounds, it reminds me of puberty.

If you do fall back English, take it in your stride. We've spent a long time exchanging emails and talking and I genuinely believe we both have the thing CD has that sets us apart from those guys.
    Last edited by entropy; 02-21-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    No. My recovery came very, very slowly over the course of years in incremental bits and pieces. I didn't have a blue print obviously, so there was a ton of trial and error. But because of the slow progress, everytime I got to a "new normal" I knew it was permanent. It felt permanent. I would stay there for awhile and then break into another level of healing, peeling off another layer of the onion so to speak, moving into another new normal. I made slow and steady progress like this until I made my recovery post. I did have three steps forward one step back experiences, but the general trend was always moving towards healing, so it didn't bother me because I knew it was just the ebb and flow of the healing process. I could see how someone who had a very quick up swing in healing and went from shot out to somewhat normal quickly could have these worries though. Simply because the way you were was so recent, so fresh in your mind. It took me so long to heal that by time I was done, most of those horrible thoughts of the hell I was in were a thing of the past. I was glad for this.

That being said though, I always kept a positive attitude. I don't know why given the circumstances, but I just KNEW I was going to beat it. I knew I was going to get better. There was nothing else on my mind but this. You need to just stay present. In the here and now, and don't think of the what ifs. Enjoy the way you are now. Don't think of how you were. There is no need to bring that past into your present. This is typically a good way to be with everything in life. The only thing any of us have is this moment.....right now. The past is done and the future isn't here yet. And when the future is here, it will be the present. Just keep doing what your doing in this moment now, and you will continue to go where you want.

And as you know, holosync is so good for this. I didn't have it when I was doing the bulk of my healing but most of those guys on that forum would have just dismissed it as new age tree hugging hippie shit. It's these same guys who are still miserable because they don't understand the power of their own minds. I know you do.

And btw, I continue to be amazed at the way I feel. I thought when I made that post, almost a year and a half ago, that I had arrived. I can tell you that I feel ten times better now then I did then. This isn't a regimen anymore, it's just a way of life. One I could not imagine living any other way. Just keep on it my man. You'll get there.
    That's a great reply cd, thank you. In general my healing has been incremental up to the point when i took the AI, which pushed things over the edge somewhat - i appreciate though that you were not feeling good for at least 3 or 4 years. I still want to feel much better though, even though i have to admit that when viewing the average 40 yr old, i am presently more able and more alive than they, hence my earlier post.
    It is great to hear how much better you continue to feel, as that clearly shows that whatever receptor issue is at play, they can continue to be sensitised and equilibriums raised.
    For me the real steps forward came when i realised i had the choice over whether i was going to be happy that day. I agree with you to keep my mind in the present, although i find future projections of an extremely happy and healthy me to be helpful and positive. I work hard every day to keep moving my mind off all the what if's.
    Do you continue to cycle the prohormones? Do you credit this continued cycling with your increasing sense of health and vitality?
    And, do you reckon i should do the planned cycling too with the AH i got from you?
    I will value your opinion on this, but i know doing such things always carries some inherent risk and it will ultimately be my responsibility etc. so if you can just give me your call on it so i can take that into account.
    I don't want to feel like an average 40 yr old for much longer, despite the fact that i am grateful of it right now!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I took the shit for an awfully long time, I've been totally off for nearly six months now after using it on and off for seven years thinking it was harmless. I'm very familiar with the way cdnuts describes this whole process. Right now I feel better than I ever remember feeling.. Ever. And it just keeps getting better and better. I have bad days still for sure but less and less as time goes by. Its very exciting wondering where I'll be in a year or two from now.

As weird as it sounds, it reminds me of puberty.

If you do fall back English, take it in your stride. We've spent a long time exchanging emails and talking and I genuinely believe we both have the thing CD has that sets us apart from those guys.
    Thanks Entropy, yeah i have days where i feel better than ever too, and they always coincide with successfully deciding to be happy and content that day - if that makes sense - so much of this is mental.
    I reckon we are the 1% (or whatever it is) too. You have to believe that i think. I used to be pretty arrogant though and it has always been inbuilt in me to think i am better than everyone else and can achieve anything. That is fucking helpful now, although i am happy to say that the arrogance has gone and i am a different person now- will always be so, yet i do still believe i can achieve anything.
    I'm still feeling good by the way, i've swopped 1mg ED of anastrozole to 12.5mg of aromasin EOD, so i am literally taking around a quarter of the previous dose of AI, and of course aromsin doesn't fuck with your GH or lipid levels, so hopefully i will be even better on that - time will tell.
    I've booked blood tests every month for another 3 months, and provided i have E at around 20, i'll cut back to 6 monthly tests.
    Great to hear you are also doing so well, we should both be able to say we are fully recovered by xmas i hope.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi everyone. my name is alex. after speaking with entropy and with english's blessing, i will make my introductory post in this thread. i am also a sufferer from an adverse drug reaction. i have been in a deep dark hell for many months and have self pitied and unhealthily obsessed over my condition and bad luck. after experiencing small moments of my old life, i've realized how far i have fallen. its time for me to save myself because no one else can. below is a thread of my journey. i am not sure how often i will post because the road of life is long. the methods are out there. you just have to walk the path. thank you.

Stryker's life log

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strykers12 View Post
    hi everyone. my name is alex. after speaking with entropy and with english's blessing, i will make my introductory post in this thread. i am also a sufferer from an adverse drug reaction. i have been in a deep dark hell for many months and have self pitied and unhealthily obsessed over my condition and bad luck. after experiencing small moments of my old life, i've realized how far i have fallen. its time for me to save myself because no one else can. below is a thread of my journey. i am not sure how often i will post because the road of life is long. the methods are out there. you just have to walk the path. thank you.

Stryker's life log
    Hi Strykers,
    Welcome to the board - Your opening is very deep and i kinda recognise that headspace when i was in it - look, don't worry man, this is temporary stuff for guys with grey matter and determination and the right support.
    I've no doubt that CDSNUTS, and Entropy, as well as myself, will give you the necessary support and you'll be back to life within 12 months - not fully recovered probably, but you will be 70% and feeling good again.
    Guys on here like Jelisej are far better than endos i have seen regards hormones - you are in pretty safe hands.
    I will leave you on this note before viewing your thread: CD decided to recover, and he recovered, Entropy and i also decided to, we copied much of what CD did, and we are all but recovered - this shows that the overwhelming odds are that if you want to recover, you can.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got back my bloods earlier and as always am interested in any comments:

T = 24.3 (8 to 28)
    E = 43 nmol/L
    SHBG = 36
    LH = 3.7
    FSH = 2.7
    Free androgen index = 67 (35 to 92)

This is a month after i halved the dose of AI to just 12.5 mg twice a week of aromasin.

It's interesting that E has risen to 43 which is the highest i have ever tested. I am pleased with that because it is in nmol/L which is a healthy level with T at a good level also. I'm slightly disappointed that SHGB has not gone further down, but i suppose i should be pleased it has not risen despite E rising from undetectable last time.

Basically, it looks like i achieved what i set out to do, which was break the deadlock of very high SHBG which rose every time E did, probably due to a lack of free androgen to keep it in check. It required me to crush estrogen for a month and then halve the AI. Interesting results i think.

My plan going forward:

I have just started a 4 week cycle of Alpha Hard for 4 weeks on it's own, then PCT without AI for 2 weeks, then final 2 weeks of PCT with 25mg AI ED for a week (this will crush E and shoot T up to 28/30 ish) then no AI at all for a week which will raise E and desensitise E receptors a little, then down to 6.5 mg AI twice a week for a month, but backed up with 2ml Res 100 on the same days as AI.
    Then test bloods. Providing results are good, i will start again on AH and continue cycle, but always lowering dose of AI until off it completely.

My thinking here is that i want E to be higher and higher occasionally as if you don't do that then E receptors will sensitise more and more so AI will be dropping E without raising T (over time). This result can be seen in all the long term AI studies which always show long term E lowering ends up with lower T and low or undetectable E - ie leaves you worse off than before.

So, all and any comments most welcome, as i am by no means an expert on this, and as always i wish to refine my plans whenever a better argument is put forward, however i am clearly largely on the right track as my bloods now look very normal to me, for 15 months they were bad - real bad!!
    Last edited by English; 03-19-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let us know how you feel on this run.....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Let us know how you feel on this run.....
    2 days in and i feel mentally sharper and i wasn't as tired last night as i normally am (i usually feel a bit fatigued from 7pm onwards), i don't have the fatigue i felt on IML's epiandro (that was all day). Other indicators like MW etc and libido unchanged at present.

Question: By what mechanism do the DHT prohormones cause suppression? I appreciate they are anabolic and they mimic testosterone so they will affect the negative feedback loop, but shouldn't suppression be minimal given that the feedback loop mostly uses E to determine how much LH to kick out, and additional DHT should reduce E?
    At 6 tabs a day, is that a great deal of DHT we putting into the system? - enough to cause suppression over time?

Am i missing something? It seems to me that it shouldn't cause much suppression at all, yet i read that it does over time, hence the cycling.

Just interested.

Also, i could do with knowing how long it takes for estrogen to return to standard levels after the cessation of exemestane (half life 24hrs) - Yes i know the drug will be out of ones system after 4 or 5 days, but because it is suicidal, the aromatase enzymes will take time to re-populate and produce E again - but how much time? days? weeks?

I would really appreciate the answer to that question as i want to raise E as high as possible each time following cessation of AI before restarting AI at lower dose (my reasoning in earlier post)

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will cause minimal suppression. As a matter of fact I felt as if I didn't even need a pct after running that product. Definitely do your pct, I'm just sayin. Also that product in particular is dosed rather low compared to others. (Androhards)

Any kind of exogenous hormone will cause some sort of suppression.

Maybe someone with more indepth knowledge can answer your other questions.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really heard of anyone dealing with suppression from dht prohormones and I've read pretty much every log, thread and discussion I can find on the internet.

Guess I should chime in, running androhard v3 at 4 caps a day ATM. Works out about 800mg a day of actives I believe. Five days in so not much to report yet
    Cervix stabbing ftw.