User Tag List

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Yep, I have. A gun provides a quicker and slightly more humane death to the animal, IMO. Also, guns are more likely to actually end the animals life rather than it escaping injured but not fatally.
    There's nothing humane about arbitrarily killing an animal simply due to inconvenience. Your post made it appear as though your position was that there isn't another method besides a gun, which is far from true.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something thought provoking:

How well has the ban on AAS worked? Obviously not well, because people break those laws daily, and acquire the banned substance anyway.

If you were to ban certain firearms, or high-cap magazines it will just create another black market, and people will still acquire those items anyway.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Safety measures in place for guns? There are states with legal private sale. I can right now decided I want to shoot you and everyone else in this thread, head to a gun shop, purchase a gun, ammo, body armor, etc....walk over to your house and shoot you. The call is for regulation, don't claim that the regulation exists.

I don't know how other state's laws are, but Ohio law requires a background check ( a call to run a persons DL# and SS#) before a rifle or shotgun can be purchased from a store. Same deal with a handgun but with a 3 day waiting period before it can be picked up. This at least slows down the 'known criminals'.

Do you really think that laws against DUI/DWI do not lower their occurance? Do you think if we got rid of the law that there would be no increase in occurance? Please...
    The laws might slow down the occurrence of DUI?DWI's but it does not eliminate them. Same would be the case with outlawing guns. Only outlaws would have them then.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    Oh and as we speak there was a shooting at a Texas College. Five people shot..... but we don't need to do anything about this. Everything is fine.
    I refuse to "like" this post, but wanted to acknowledge it's perfection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    The laws might slow down the occurrence of DUI?DWI's but it does not eliminate them. Same would be the case with outlawing guns. Only outlaws would have them then.
    So you are admitting there would be a reduction?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCLS View Post
    How well has the ban on AAS worked? Obviously not well, because people break those laws daily, and acquire the banned substance anyway.
    If you were to ban certain firearms, or high-cap magazines it will just create another black market, and people will still acquire those items anyway.
    If you think the government puts as much effort into blocking the importation of AAS as it would an illegal assualt rifle, you are mistaken.. AAS is a victimless crime, illegal gun importation would not be. Not to mention the fact that it is very difficult to scan for AAS, not so much for weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    No because it has nothing to do with reality. I could ask you what will happen to rainbows if we ban unicorns, but what is the point. There will never be an outright ban of guns. Do you propose that the multi-billion dollar gun industry is supported only by the Right Wing? Get real. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, independents etc all enjoy fire arms and our legal right to possess them.

What is being put forth is a responsible look at gun policy. Nothing outrageous has been proposed. Turn off Fox News and unsub from the NRA newsletter (which isn't altruistic, but the most powerful lobby in America funded by corporations).

You never said where you live in Ohio. I truly would like to know.
    Certain people are calling for the removal of all guns and that is why I posed the question that you still refuse to answer other than sarcastically.

I don't watch any tv.

For privacy reasons I will not post exactly where I live in Ohio. Let's just call it the north-east quarter of the state.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCLS View Post

Sneaking in test powder is a little different from shipping a rifle. A kilo of Test E will fit in a letter sized bubble mailer. You can't say the same for a rifle.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think the government puts as much effort into blocking the importation of AAS as it would an illegal assualt rifle, you are mistaken.. AAS is a victimless crime, illegal gun importation would not be. Not to mention the fact that it is very difficult to scan for AAS, not so much for weapons.
    Importation? no one was talking about importation. The numbers of domestic high-cap magazines, and firearms in circulation would be more than enough.

You guys act like people will not find a way to break laws, or to get around them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are admitting there would be a reduction?
    Only if you admit that banning guns will not eliminate the use of guns in homicides/murders.