User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EndoAmp and Tribulus questions...

Sorry for all the questions, but theres a lot swirling in my head as I attempt to lock down the last few aspects of my regimen...

I've seen good things about EndoAmp max for cortisol reduction and test boosting. Also apparently the Alpha gpc it contains boosts gaba...seeing as my every other day full body workouts are over 1.5 hours in duration, I wonder if cortisol control is a good thing for me to consider with this supplement? Is this something that jives with TMO protocol? And is it something that I should not take when doing pro hormones?

Secondly, I am looking for a good tribulus with 80% protodioscin or more. Does anyone have recommendations for a good brand?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just do the protocol and not try to modify it. The best way for you reduce cortisol is with meditation, not extra supplements.

Vemoherb and Tribestan have good tribulus, but the best is Mediherb from Standard Process. Last I checked, it was not available and in general you have to order it through a chiropractor or acupuncturist’s office since they don’t sell direct to consumers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I would just do the protocol and not try to modify it. The best way for you reduce cortisol is with meditation, not extra supplements.

Vemoherb and Tribestan have good tribulus, but the best is Mediherb from Standard Process. Last I checked, it was not available and in general you have to order it through a chiropractor or acupuncturist’s office since they don’t sell direct to consumers.
    Thanks a lot, I'm going to check both of those out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Thanks a lot, I'm going to check both of those out
    You’re welcome!

The key with tribulus is the protodioscin, which is speculated to increase androgen receptors (https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...26X?via%3Dihub - rat study.) The leading theory with PFS is that it involves the androgen receptors being “turned off”, so tribulus is arguably the strongest of all of the herbs in the rotation. Protodioscin is a type of saponin, but there are other saponins in tribulus that probably aren’t helpful. So the real key is protodioscin.

The cheapest way to make tribulus is to use the fruit of the plant, which contains NO protodioscin. Also, for whatever reason, the tribulus plant does not produce protodioscin except in the climates of Bulgaria or Slovakia. Otherwise it will have little to no protodioscin. The typical cheap stuff you find is 100% fruit based, from plants not grown in Bulgaria. Which means it’s not what we want (in my opinion.)

The protodioscin is found in the aerial parts of the plant (leaves and stems) only. MediHerb Standard Process is made with 100% aerial material, from Bulgarian tribulus, processed in Australia. This is the gold standard, and it makes it the most powerful tribulus you can get without visiting Bulgaria and finding an herbalist. The catch is the price; it’s about $1.50 per pill and the normal dose is 3 per day. So it’s easily the most expensive herb, but like I said it’s also possibly the most effective one,.

VemoHerb and Tribestan are made from Bulgarian tribulus, but with about a 50/50 mix of aerial and non-aerial material. They’re not as potent or powerful, but they’re also less expensive. I have both of these, and they seem to have a noticeable effect. Tribestan is disc-like pills from a blister packet, where you push them through the foil, and VemoHerb is in capsules. I’m not sure if I noticed one being more effective than the other. I’m actually going to try to see if I can get the Standard Process stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    You’re welcome!

The key with tribulus is the protodioscin, which is speculated to increase androgen receptors (https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...26X?via%3Dihub - rat study.) The leading theory with PFS is that it involves the androgen receptors being “turned off”, so tribulus is arguably the strongest of all of the herbs in the rotation. Protodioscin is a type of saponin, but there are other saponins in tribulus that probably aren’t helpful. So the real key is protodioscin.

The cheapest way to make tribulus is to use the fruit of the plant, which contains NO protodioscin. Also, for whatever reason, the tribulus plant does not produce protodioscin except in the climates of Bulgaria or Slovakia. Otherwise it will have little to no protodioscin. The typical cheap stuff you find is 100% fruit based, from plants not grown in Bulgaria. Which means it’s not what we want (in my opinion.)

The protodioscin is found in the aerial parts of the plant (leaves and stems) only. MediHerb Standard Process is made with 100% aerial material, from Bulgarian tribulus, processed in Australia. This is the gold standard, and it makes it the most powerful tribulus you can get without visiting Bulgaria and finding an herbalist. The catch is the price; it’s about $1.50 per pill and the normal dose is 3 per day. So it’s easily the most expensive herb, but like I said it’s also possibly the most effective one,.

VemoHerb and Tribestan are made from Bulgarian tribulus, but with about a 50/50 mix of aerial and non-aerial material. They’re not as potent or powerful, but they’re also less expensive. I have both of these, and they seem to have a noticeable effect. Tribestan is disc-like pills from a blister packet, where you push them through the foil, and VemoHerb is in capsules. I’m not sure if I noticed one being more effective than the other. I’m actually going to try to see if I can get the Standard Process stuff.
    Great info, thanks for all that. I knew I was missing something with this particular herb. Looking into getting the MediHerb myself

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Sorry for all the questions, but theres a lot swirling in my head as I attempt to lock down the last few aspects of my regimen...

I've seen good things about EndoAmp max for cortisol reduction and test boosting. Also apparently the Alpha gpc it contains boosts gaba...seeing as my every other day full body workouts are over 1.5 hours in duration, I wonder if cortisol control is a good thing for me to consider with this supplement? Is this something that jives with TMO protocol? And is it something that I should not take when doing pro hormones?

Secondly, I am looking for a good tribulus with 80% protodioscin or more. Does anyone have recommendations for a good brand?
    Endo amp is okay to use.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"