User Tag List

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Noa's Diet

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you eat quinoa? it's a pretty decent vegetarian protein source.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    do you eat quinoa? it's a pretty decent vegetarian protein source.
    I do have it and I will start eating more of it. I consider it a part of my veggies, but will eat more of it to cut down on the amount of rice I eat. Good thing about a lot of the food I will be eating, is that they are not as calorie dense, compared to fatty food and what not. I can eat more, feel fuller and not worry so much about the calories piling on.

I'm sure i'll be eating a lot of broccolli with vinegar too. That and spinach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    I'm sure i'll be eating a lot of broccolli with vinegar too. That and spinach.
    i have been doing veggies and vinegar as well. Better than using bbq sauce as salad dressing.
    Kale is another good one to try and get a taste for.
    I am going to start with millet and lentils just for a little variety.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have been doing veggies and vinegar as well. Better than using bbq sauce as salad dressing.
    Kale is another good one to try and get a taste for.
    I am going to start with millet and lentils just for a little variety.
    Oh yeah, I have got to try Kale... Yeah, I need to start eating more veggies right away. millet and lentils i'll have to try as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I have got to try Kale... Yeah, I need to start eating more veggies right away. millet and lentils i'll have to try as well.
    try making lentil loaf.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like your on the right track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try making lentil loaf.
    I'll have to google a recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    Sounds like your on the right track.
    To make a long story short, after getting hurt a couple years ago and time on the mend, I have spent time getting back on track and then improving on that. This last year I have made tremendous changes, easily the best i've had in almost 10 years, due in part to making sacrifices and hard work. Anyways, it seems like every year I pick up new and healthy habits and look to make this the best year yet.

This log is actually very handy for me. I can record what im eating and keep track of weight, mirror composition observations and how i'm feeling. It also helps to "keep me on track".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear and hope this shear is even better than the last for You, Me, and the rest if the SwoleSource crew.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I want to cut down on the shakes, i'm gonna have to start eating meat again. The Pre and Post shake I will keep, and looking at it, it's not really substantial, meaning I hardly take it into account for my daily needs. It's about 12 grams of protein per shake, with creatine and leucine... I know it's not quite fasting, but it gives my body something to use while I work out.

I will be eating ezekial bread, rice, and veggies for most of my carbs and to get that fiber in. Thinking of having 1 Quest bar for the added fiber, or some almonds and a protein shake.

For fats I will have mixed nuts and hopefully 3 times a week, i'll have wild caught salmon. Other wise it's fish oil caps, krill oil caps. Thinking of trying out coconut and or mct's this year ( on a regular basis ).

Btw, that grass fed beef was fucking expensive.... 1lb was like 5 bucks and change. I got 6lbs to start out with and it cost a little over 36 bucks. Going to costco soon to get a lot of eggs and maybe some chicken. At the butcher shop I saw ground chicken and turkey, so the idea of those two are planted..
    just asking, you went for grass fed hormone free beef, but want to grab costco eggs? youtube what they do to chickens and you wont buy them.....$5 lb isnt much, thats like $2.50 a meal of that beef.....your quest bar costs more and is of inferior quality (i guess they are the best of the bars, but jmo, bars are a last resort on the road nothing to eat type thing)

and again, jmo, dropping shakes does not mean you need to eat more meat....you can get 200g protein in easily without either, and you dont need more than that, jmo again, i think this protein over consumption is bro lore industry marketing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costco sells some organic eggs also and I assumed that's what he was going to pick up after reading about the beef he bought.
    I buy the organic eggs at Costco but will soon be buying them from a local source as soon as I find a good one that will work in the price with me.