User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I felt as close to normal as I ever have. odd, because over christmas i slacked a bit and drank, and ate out of the paleo diet. libido, energy, and mental clarity all on point. We'll see how it goes though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup everyone,

it's been another month. Here's where I'm at.
    I've been following the protocol at about 80%, I ran out of some supplements so I'm going to restock and i'll be back at full go, but otherwise my diet and exercise along with cold water exposure and breathwork have been maintained well. I will say about once a week I have given in to meeting friends for drinks, and I'm not exactly pleased with what that means for my recovery timeline. I do wonder how much that has truly set me back but going forward, i think I'm just going to have to turn down the opportunities to go out. Symptom wise, still a slow crawl. I've been on an upward trajectory since starting but the dp/dr and fatigue are still sticking around. sleep is about 90% but i still walk around most days feeling like I had about 4 hours of rest. Enough energy to get my tasks done, but not enough to really flourish in my life, I'm just sort of stuck in this hazy dream state. It's getting very tiresome and I'm eager to put this behind me. Anyways, nothing revelatory but that's where things stand. hope all is well out there.

Flapjack

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Sup everyone,

it's been another month. Here's where I'm at.
    I've been following the protocol at about 80%, I ran out of some supplements so I'm going to restock and i'll be back at full go, but otherwise my diet and exercise along with cold water exposure and breathwork have been maintained well. I will say about once a week I have given in to meeting friends for drinks, and I'm not exactly pleased with what that means for my recovery timeline. I do wonder how much that has truly set me back but going forward, i think I'm just going to have to turn down the opportunities to go out. Symptom wise, still a slow crawl. I've been on an upward trajectory since starting but the dp/dr and fatigue are still sticking around. sleep is about 90% but i still walk around most days feeling like I had about 4 hours of rest. Enough energy to get my tasks done, but not enough to really flourish in my life, I'm just sort of stuck in this hazy dream state. It's getting very tiresome and I'm eager to put this behind me. Anyways, nothing revelatory but that's where things stand. hope all is well out there.

Flapjack
    We both know that drinking is going to set your recovery back, by how much, hard to say, but enough to warrant not doing it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    We both know that drinking is going to set your recovery back, by how much, hard to say, but enough to warrant not doing it.
    yep. it's hard, because i just moved to a city in the pacific northwest where I know almost nobody and the winter weather wears on your psyche at times, i really want to meet people here but alcohol is ingrained in the social scene unfortunately. at the end of the day, i know what i need to do, I just don't want to pass up opportunities for dates, making friends etc.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yep. it's hard, because i just moved to a city in the pacific northwest where I know almost nobody and the winter weather wears on your psyche at times, i really want to meet people here but alcohol is ingrained in the social scene unfortunately. at the end of the day, i know what i need to do, I just don't want to pass up opportunities for dates, making friends etc.
    They'll be PLENTY of time for that in the future, when you can actually enjoy it, and most likely get laid without having to worry about these bullshit issues. Listen to me.....When I was 30, I wished I hadn't done alot of what I did when I was 25 and thought I wasted my time. When I was 35, I was upset that I lost a huge portion of my life to PFS. It didn't take me till almost 45 years old to learn the value of the present moment.

Do yourself a favor. Take this time to work on yourself....I mean REALLY work on yourself. Two years might seem like a long time now, but it won't seem half as long as if you just kept fucking around and then you're two years down the line in the same fucking spot you're in now!! The social scene will ALWAYS be there. Get well man. Do THAT first. The rest will follow better then your wildest dreams. I'm certain on that.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    They'll be PLENTY of time for that in the future, when you can actually enjoy it, and most likely get laid without having to worry about these bullshit issues. Listen to me.....When I was 30, I wished I hadn't done alot of what I did when I was 25 and thought I wasted my time. When I was 35, I was upset that I lost a huge portion of my life to PFS. It didn't take me till almost 45 years old to learn the value of the present moment.

Do yourself a favor. Take this time to work on yourself....I mean REALLY work on yourself. Two years might seem like a long time now, but it won't seem half as long as if you just kept fucking around and then you're two years down the line in the same fucking spot you're in now!! The social scene will ALWAYS be there. Get well man. Do THAT first. The rest will follow better then your wildest dreams. I'm certain on that.
    Dude, I really appreciate hearing this. Thank you man.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dude, I really appreciate hearing this. Thank you man.
    It's just the truth, but you're very welcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been feeling well lately. It's been slow, consistent improvement since I set off on this regimen full go back in October. My sleep was completely fucked back in those days. The way I felt as I woke up from 4 hours of some semi-sleeplike state and the thought of dealing with that for a lifetime caused a crushing depression that lasted an entire spring, summer, and well into the fall. I've already been dealing with a litany of chronic health problems in my young life and to add one more debilitating issue was terrifying.

Now, I'm back to a point where the depression is more or less gone, or at least more reflective of actual normal problems instead of something directly caused by 5AR inhibitors. I wake up, go to the gym, feel inspired to be creative again, and generally feel well throughout the day. My DP/DR, fatigue, and libido issues are still present but I now can see a rough timeline for a full recovery forming if my progress continues to be consistent. Right now, I feel like I'm a good year from being fully recovered and then some.

Something interesting is that I now realize I've been suffering from some form of anhedonia since my adolescence. I actually went to a counselor when I was 15 for this issue I noticed I had developed where It seemed like I couldn't laugh or truly find humor in things that used to make me laugh to the point of tears. This was also a period of time in my life where I was smoking a lot of marijuana and on ADD medication for a prolonged period of time. I suspect these two may have impeded some aspect of my brain development in these years, as there came a point where I felt like something was really off in terms of my emotional processing. Since then, things got better but never resolved prior to finding this forum. Now that I've been familiarized with the deleterious effects of pharmaceuticals, I can see that this could possibly be the root cause of these emotional issues I've been struggling with for now around a decade. I'm hoping the protocol can pull me back to my pre-fin state and then push me to recover at least partially from the anhedonia and emotional stunting I dealt with since far before I ever tried finasteride. Just some thoughts floating in my head on a weekend. Hope you all are well.

Best,

Flapjack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel amazing today. Just thought i'd share. Ton of improvements in the last week or two, like I turned a huge corner. hope it sticks.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Feel amazing today. Just thought i'd share. Ton of improvements in the last week or two, like I turned a huge corner. hope it sticks.
    Ebb and flow, ebb and flow......