User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help to Get Decent Sleep

Hey all, been following the protocol for almost a year now, but my sleep is still not back to 9 hours continuously. It's more like 6.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I think this has caused some wrinkles to show up in my face and I'm only 22?? Anything that could help with getting better sleep? Will the wrinkles go away once I recover? @cdnuts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 hours uninterrupted is a lofty goal. Are you a sloth?

The best way to improve sleep is through consistency. Be consistent about your night time regimen and it will come back. But if you’re not disciplined or honest with yourself, you can keep your 6.5.

Best things to try in this order, IMO:

Turn off and do not look at any screens at least 2 hours before you go to sleep. 2!

Pick a time to go to bed and a time to wake up. For me it’s 9:30-10pm and 5:30-6am. Once you make this habit and set this rhythm, you won’t even need an alarm clock.

Keep your room extremely dark and cold. Buy blackout curtains. Use an eye mask. Leave the windows wide open (behind your curtains) and blow a fan on yourself. Your body wants to be cold, whether you do or not.

Magnesium and glycine. I typically down ~400-500g of natural calm and 200mg of magnesium glycinate before bed. I imagine most guys here do too.

When you wake up, try and watch the sun come up. Anchor your circadian rhythm.

Do all of these things consistently, and you should be able to tack on some more minutes. After that happens, who knows what your body will be capable of achieving with all that extra time. Could snowball into some really nice healing. Best of luck, & don’t worry about wrinkles.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great advice^

Also, I found Albizia & Ziziphus helped me get deeper sleep and sleep longer back when that was a problem (last summer). Could be worth giving a shot.

Cold showers right before bed help too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can second ziziphus, the first time I took it I woke up and thought, oh wow this is what it's like to actually feel rested..
    It doesn't really help you fall asleep in my experience, but it makes your sleep much deeper and more restful.

Blue light blocking glasses and f.lux are good tools as well, on top of keeping a regular sleep schedule (the most important thing imo).

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up your potassium intake.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    9 hours uninterrupted is a lofty goal. Are you a sloth?

The best way to improve sleep is through consistency. Be consistent about your night time regimen and it will come back. But if you’re not disciplined or honest with yourself, you can keep your 6.5.

Best things to try in this order, IMO:

Turn off and do not look at any screens at least 2 hours before you go to sleep. 2!

Pick a time to go to bed and a time to wake up. For me it’s 9:30-10pm and 5:30-6am. Once you make this habit and set this rhythm, you won’t even need an alarm clock.

Keep your room extremely dark and cold. Buy blackout curtains. Use an eye mask. Leave the windows wide open (behind your curtains) and blow a fan on yourself. Your body wants to be cold, whether you do or not.

Magnesium and glycine. I typically down ~400-500g of natural calm and 200mg of magnesium glycinate before bed. I imagine most guys here do too.

When you wake up, try and watch the sun come up. Anchor your circadian rhythm.

Do all of these things consistently, and you should be able to tack on some more minutes. After that happens, who knows what your body will be capable of achieving with all that extra time. Could snowball into some really nice healing. Best of luck, & don’t worry about wrinkles.
    All spot on^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaar View Post
    I can second ziziphus, the first time I took it I woke up and thought, oh wow this is what it's like to actually feel rested..
    It doesn't really help you fall asleep in my experience, but it makes your sleep much deeper and more restful.

Blue light blocking glasses and f.lux are good tools as well, on top of keeping a regular sleep schedule (the most important thing imo).
    Add in Albizia Powder (100 grams) - Lost Empire Herbs for a one two punch. I find it works as a standalone, but the combo is fantastic. And because of the mechanism of action, you can stack it with glycine and magnesium.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"