User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaar View Post
    Hey guys what's your opinion on CBD oil? I've been under a ton of stress lately and it's causing a bit of insomnia. A few days ago I had like 1/4th of an edible lol, I didn't feel stressed for the first time in weeks and slept like a baby. I'm hoping CBD will help with sleep too, but without the other mental effects (whether it actually helps or not I don't know yet).
    I've seen multiple reports of CBD having 5ARI-type effects - I think @Freepressright had a post here that outlined the issue. It might not be a problem for you, but I would be hesitant to recommend it. I've never used the stuff. I'll say marijuana didn't have a whole lot of negative effects to me during recovery.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn I didn't know it was a 5ARI.. although I have taken it before without any lasting issues. I think I'll carefully try a low dose, the lack of sleep is really getting to me and actual sleeping pills do mess me up for a while (found that out the hard way lol)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn I didn't know it was a 5ARI.. although I have taken it before without any lasting issues. I think I'll carefully try a low dose, the lack of sleep is really getting to me and actual sleeping pills do mess me up for a while (found that out the hard way lol)
    Yeah sleep pills are hit or miss. Especially avoid the pharmaceutical ones. I found something that always worked for me when I had the crippling insomnia was the Iron Mag Labs “Dream N Grow” product. Combined melatonin, GABA, L-Theanine, others - with Kratom. It worked really well for me but I used it only in dire situations.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Yeah sleep pills are hit or miss. Especially avoid the pharmaceutical ones. I found something that always worked for me when I had the crippling insomnia was the Iron Mag Labs “Dream N Grow” product. Combined melatonin, GABA, L-Theanine, others - with Kratom. It worked really well for me but I used it only in dire situations.
    Ah Dream N Grow sounds good! Although it has 5-htp which messes me up big time. Last time I took it (before I went on the protocol) I felt like I crashed all the way back to square one.

From the recommended sleep herbs the only thing I haven't tried yet is albizia, I'll have to include some in my next herb order. The others work ok, I especially like ziziphus but it doesn't really help you fall asleep, it just makes your sleep really deep and restful.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Dream N Grow sounds good! Although it has 5-htp which messes me up big time. Last time I took it (before I went on the protocol) I felt like I crashed all the way back to square one.

From the recommended sleep herbs the only thing I haven't tried yet is albizia, I'll have to include some in my next herb order. The others work ok, I especially like ziziphus but it doesn't really help you fall asleep, it just makes your sleep really deep and restful.
    Good catch - I forget from the other forum, you're PSSD. Definitely avoid the Serotonin-based substances and my advice is null now.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Good catch - I forget from the other forum, you're PSSD. Definitely avoid the Serotonin-based substances and my advice is null now.
    Besides 5htp the other ingredients sound good (although I'm not sure about melatonin), and most of them I have on hand already so I might just try making my own 5htp-less version if the CBD doesn't do the trick.

Definitely feeling a bit more relaxed now so fingers crossed it does!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got a good 8 hours of sleep so that worked! Even woke up with morning wood.

I do feel a little out of it and more emotionally numb than usual, but if that is just temporary then CBD is a decent emergency sleep solution for me.

Will stop taking it for now and see how long it takes to go back to "normal".

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear! I’ve always wanted to try it for post-WOD recovery in CrossFit since I’m always sore AF, but have been hesitant to try it since reading FPR’s post here.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
    Hey Barbaar, don’t know if you will find this - but how have you been? Anyway I can contact you?
    You realize you quoted me and not Barbaar?

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Barbaar, how have you been? I know you have made great strides I heard and believe you are well on your way to recovery after a Discord update from a fellow friend of yours. Are you willing to give an update to the forum — anyway I can contact you?

P.S - Apologies to Maxout, this keeps happening as I accident reply to the last post in a thread. Won’t happen again, so just mind me this time.