User Tag List

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdylan97 View Post
    Glycine helps because its effectively a gaba antagonist, gaba agonists over time will increase your brain fog.
    That’s the first I’ve heard that, I’d imagine a GABA antagonist wouldn’t help anyone in general that’s deficient in GABA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    That’s the first I’ve heard that, I’d imagine a GABA antagonist wouldn’t help anyone in general that’s deficient in GABA
    That's true anyway, but I'm almost certain glycine doesn't interact with the GABA receptor (since it's already an agonist for the glycine receptor), and the mechanism of action is the enhancement of 5-ar which increase allopregnanolone (that's what affects the GABA receptors).

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started taking 5mg of glicine plus magnesium two nights ago for sleep issue.
    Have to say that there are some positive effects.

Is it dangerous taking glicine any night? Would my body build tolerance? I can't find Albizia or blue vervain here.

@Cdsnuts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Italiano View Post
    I've started taking 5mg of glicine plus magnesium two nights ago for sleep issue.
    Have to say that there are some positive effects.

Is it dangerous taking glicine any night? Would my body build tolerance? I can't find Albizia or blue vervain here.

@Cdsnuts
    Nah Alex, you usually take glycine at night, because it is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Your body doesn't build tolerance to it either.

If you want something to replace Albizia or blue vervain you can try taurine, it's also inhibitory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But is it dangerous to inhibit these neurotransmitters? And which neurotransmitters are we talking about?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But is it dangerous to inhibit these neurotransmitters? And which neurotransmitters are we talking about?
    Glycine is an amino acid, one of the building blocks of protein. It shouldn’t damage to your brain chemistry, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a question of inhibiting them. It isn't like 5 alpha reductase inhibitors where you prevent something from happening. Rather inhibitory neurotransmitters, when they reach the receptor, in this case the glycine receptor, cause the brain to slow down. A big issue in what most people have is that the lack of allopreganolone means that the brain has issues slowing down, therefore meaning you will struggle to unwind, have insomnia, brain fog etc.

Going back to the first question, it isn't dangerous to take glycine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    It's not a question of inhibiting them. It isn't like 5 alpha reductase inhibitors where you prevent something from happening. Rather inhibitory neurotransmitters, when they reach the receptor, in this case the glycine receptor, cause the brain to slow down. A big issue in what most people have is that the lack of allopreganolone means that the brain has issues slowing down, therefore meaning you will struggle to unwind, have insomnia, brain fog etc.

Going back to the first question, it isn't dangerous to take glycine.
    From what I’m reading up on about Glycine it looks like a AMAZING SUPPLEMENT and extremely POWERFUL.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I don’t touch this thread often, thought I’d weigh in with some test results. I took the same test as Joe and had nearly the exact same results, all of my neurotransmitters were tanked. Including GABA, serotonin, dopamine, you name it, all deficient. My hormones were all shooting through the roof, DHT, test, estrogen all sky high, at least in my urine, I don’t know what they’d look like on a blood test. If they were lower, I’d assume my body isn’t metabolizing hormones.

At least my T is back up, after I crashed I got my test levels tested, and I had the Test of a 96 year old man. And I’ve made great progress, so here we are.

For neurotransmitters, I’m not going to try to treat them. Anything having to do with neurotransmitters makes me worse, I can’t take L glutamine, L thianine, none of that stuff. I think it just causes a further imbalance for me. I’m just gonna stick to the protocol, prohormones for some neurosteroids, and cold showers to send that nice electric shock to the brain in hopes of it kickstarting my neurotransmitter production like you would while jumping an old, shitty broken down car back to life on the side of the highway. I’m that car 😂

Anyways, just started a probiotic and TUDCA. Seeing VERY positive results. One positive I’ve noticed is I’ve began dreaming again nightly. In my case, I think my condition is largely in my gut/organs, so I’m taking extra good care of them. I also just ended a nice 3 day water fast to oil some things up, and now I’m on the straight and narrow, following the protocol with zero cheating or indulging, I’m beyond all that now.

Also, just discovered Medjool dates and swapped them out for anything with artificial sugar during my backloading windows. HOW HAVE I NOT DISCOVERED THESE SOONER??? They taste like fucking candy. I’m obsessed.

Anyways. Only good stuff ahead boys.
    Oh shit! You did the test too. It's crazy right? Several others tested as well and we all have the same patterns. Even the hormones. Mine were testing low-normal at serum but extremely high at urine. That's indicative of metabolizing hormones too quickly. You're literally just pissing them out before they can actually be utilized.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    That's true anyway, but I'm almost certain glycine doesn't interact with the GABA receptor (since it's already an agonist for the glycine receptor), and the mechanism of action is the enhancement of 5-ar which increase allopregnanolone (that's what affects the GABA receptors).
    Glycine agonizes the NMDA receptor. It also agonizes the glycine receptor, which is closely related to the GABAA receptor. Can't find anything that it directly plays on the GABAA receptor but it will indirectly increase agonism of it by stimulating production of Allopregnanolone.