User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll drop to sets of 3 after I hit 405, then just hit singles after that if I'm maxing.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I'll drop to sets of 3 after I hit 405, then just hit singles after that if I'm maxing.
    As you can see from my DL workouts, I keep my reps low as I rise up the through the poundages. I use the stairstep up in weights as more of a CNS "wakeup" than I do to get blood flowing. I always feel pretty well warmed up by about 4 sets in, even if I'm doing triples, doubles or singles on my way up. Any more than the minimum amount of reps heading up to my highest work weight for the day is just going to tire me out prematurely.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This must not be my week. I noted in my benching thread that despite conditions warranting a good workout, I missed my target. So it was with my DL workout today.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but things just felt heavier today. I took All-In preworkout which has proved to give me some good energy and great pumps in the gym, but it was not my magic bullet today. Things felt off. I felt like I was leaning too far forward and not driving enough with my hips out of the hole. But by the time I got around to figuring that as part of the problem and why, I was already done with my workout. As for the "why", I believe it was my head positioning. I believe I was looking down instead of looking forward to keep my hips a bit lower while driving upward.

My lumbar felt a little tweaked going into the workout, but not severe. By the end, my back had had enough. I pulled (not injured) my lower back a little and it's pulling a vertebrae or two out of alignment now. Ibuprofen, rest, and some stretching will be the name of the game for the next couple of days until it loosens up enough to be adjusted back into place. Good news is, this isn't an injury, just a minor pull. Other good news, I can come back next time and try to correct what I know went wrong and give it another go. Bad news is, I missed my target, which sucks, but is far from the end of the world.

135 x 12
    225 x 5 felt "off"
    275 x 3 felt better
    315 x 3 felt ok, but too heavy for what it was
    365 x 1 this one made me wonder if 405 was going to go up 5x and I was pretty sure 425 wasn't happening based on this set
    405 x 5 got it, but it was an ugly set in my book. Felt way harder than last week. Almost shut down the workout after this one.
    405 x 5 got it again, but had to groan on the last couple. form was a bit better than the previous set, but the strain to the back had already been done. I knew this was enough fun for one day and shut it down.

Followed this up with parallel grip pullups, which were harder today than usual. Ended with several tri-sets of rear/front/lateral delt raises with light weight and high reps.

I took my licks today, for sure. After some pretty good increases, it was a little hard to take this "defeat" as it was entirely unexpected. Things just weren't working out today. Oh well. That's what next week is for. Weekend, you've got another week to come at me, bro.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 05-28-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hah, gonna work on getting sets of 10 with 395 this week... good shit getting 2x5 on 405, hows the tren treating you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    hah, gonna work on getting sets of 10 with 395 this week... good shit getting 2x5 on 405, hows the tren treating you?
    from 405 x 4 last week to 395 x 10 this week?? You must be some kind of superman. Either that, or your muscular endurance is far more developed than mine (which probably wouldn't be hard to eclipse).

Maintenance dose of 75mg/wk of tren adds that extra zing to my TRT. No complications or problems with it at all. Only good benefits. Increased libido (contrary to the usual stories you may hear), helps with recomp/fat loss, aids in post workout recovery. Only side effects that are notable (but not problematic) are increased sweating after a large meal or while sleeping, and lately, increased hunger which I'm positive is related to my body trying to feed the new muscle growth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    from 405 x 4 last week to 395 x 10 this week?? You must be some kind of superman. Either that, or your muscular endurance is far more developed than mine (which probably wouldn't be hard to eclipse).

Maintenance dose of 75mg/wk of tren adds that extra zing to my TRT. No complications or problems with it at all. Only good benefits. Increased libido (contrary to the usual stories you may hear), helps with recomp/fat loss, aids in post workout recovery. Only side effects that are notable (but not problematic) are increased sweating after a large meal or while sleeping, and lately, increased hunger which I'm positive is related to my body trying to feed the new muscle growth.
    i think i can do at least 8. keep it up man, whats your test at, 200?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i can do at least 8. keep it up man, whats your test at, 200?
    I wish. lol. Only 100mg/wk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take a shot 10 days before your next blood test.. gave my dad a 450 TT reading at 190 lb.

blame SHBG lol

hes on 200 now woohoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take a shot 10 days before your next blood test.. gave my dad a 450 TT reading at 190 lb.

blame SHBG lol

hes on 200 now woohoo
    Pretty much what I am doing.... Last shot of test (only 50mg) was about a week ago and I have a blood test in a couple of days. We will see where the readings come back at.

This just dawned on me... I know it's only been a week/week and a half, but not dosing my 50mg x twice weekly shots may have affected my strength levels for both my bench and my DL workout in the last week. Hard to say, but could be a contributing factor.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 05-28-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guarantee you it is a contributing factor. and thats from my extensive years of AAS experience.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fss3Xn5dZzU