User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feature Request Thread.

I know we have had these type of threads before, but I am looking to have a condensed feedback thread for new features you guys would like to see.

Phase One:

• Complete design overhaul: Design will be switching to a lighter colored theme. Eventually a dark version will be added as well, but for now the feedback shows that people prefer a lighter theme.
    • Less condensation. This is a personal observation, and may just be a current theme issue. I would like the information to appear less condensed and the site to be 'easier on the eyes' in general.
    • Shoutbox.
    • Forum Statistics provided in real time.
    • Update to include articles section (research into potential sources in progress).
    • Enhanced User Security Requirements (Disallowing new members to post to classified, etc.)

Phase Two:

• Potential Upgrade to vBulletin 5.
    • Blog pages available for members (potential log benefits?)
    • More user features (enhanced communication and messaging.

Phase Three:

• Potential re-vamp of the classifieds section to an automated system.

Suggestions from this thread so far:
    Admin approval for new accounts.
    Notifications of relevant activity.
    Last edited by h2s; 04-25-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, what features do other sites/forums have that you feel Swole Source is lacking?

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Feature Request Thread.

Some forums that you sign up to require you wait until you get mod approval prior to initializing membership. Not sure if vbulletin allows that, but it would be a nice screening tool.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the AM function that shows new activity in subscribed threads or threads you've posted in.....a notification function.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Some forums that you sign up to require you wait until you get mod approval prior to initializing membership. Not sure if vbulletin allows that, but it would be a nice screening tool.
    This, at least from my experience, is more generally used on forums that aim for limited membership (such as DatbTrue). I will look into it though, as it would solve a decent amount of spam (since most spam accounts are obvious). My only concern is that a delay from registration to acceptance would deter a potential new member from posting, and they would seek out another forum in the meantime (it would be hard to keep requests filled at all times).

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    I love the AM function that shows new activity in subscribed threads or threads you've posted in.....a notification function.
    I will look into how they do this.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 BeaverDan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a way to view posts from the previous 24 hours. Sometimes when I go to new posts and enter a thread, if I go home first and not back, it won't let me see what's new, it thinks I've already seen those posts.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would be cool to "tag" someone in a post, and for that person to get a notification when that happens. It would be nice to do that so said person could chime in on that particular topic when tagged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverDan View Post
    Maybe a way to view posts from the previous 24 hours. Sometimes when I go to new posts and enter a thread, if I go home first and not back, it won't let me see what's new, it thinks I've already seen those posts.

Have you tried the activity stream? Available on the menu under Whats New > Activity Stream.
    Activity Stream - Swole Source

Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I think it would be cool to "tag" someone in a post, and for that person to get a notification when that happens. It would be nice to do that so said person could chime in on that particular topic when tagged.
    Not sure if vb has the capability. Will look into it.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 BeaverDan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I mean the active threads over the past 24 hours. As this forum gets more members, that will be a lot of individual posts to go through.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) milehighguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    This ^^^
    Sometimes I like to know when certain threads have additional posts so I can keep up