0 Thread(s)
    CONGRATS!!! Looking awesome, man!
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lookin great man. How long have you been training? What's the fattest you've ever been if you've been fat?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 markam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspirational.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!!! I would definitely call your contest prep a success!!!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing shape, for any age really, congrats sir...........in the photos it shows you enjoyed the process it seems, or is more so 'fk its finally done' type of relief lol

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Lookin great man. How long have you been training? What's the fattest you've ever been if you've been fat?
    I started lifting about 6 years ago after herniating a few times and finally rupturing my L4 and L5 discs, and discovering I had incipient type 2 diabetes, persuaded me I needed to do something about my health. For some reason I got the idea in my head that the best long term fix for my back would be deadlifting At the time I weighed about 250 w/ ~ 30% BF. I had never in my life really lifted before, let alone trained with weights, although my early military and later martial arts training involved a lot of body weight work. During the first year of working with the bar, I got down to 220-225 and ~ 20% BF, where I managed to stagnate for several years while making believe I knew what i was doing in the gym and around the kitchen. About 2.5 years ago I discovered I needed TRT. I finally got humble enough to hire a trainer - a former Mr. Korea - about a year ago. By fixing my form and showing me what it meant to program a lifting regimen and to REALLY do it, he got me on track. Unfortunately, he moved away after only a couple of months. But in the meantime, I had gotten the attention of some of the other serious players at the gym who invited me to work with them. One thing led to another and when they (rather jokingly) suggested the idea of doing a contest I said (much to their surprise I think) let's do it. 4 months ago I hired one as a coach and here we are. During the 12 weeks of contest prep, I went from 230/18% BF to 209/6.5%; no AAS or PHs were used, although I did deploy alphamine and vanillean (along with intermittent fasting and VERY radical carb restriction with 4 carb re-feed days) in the anti-fat campaign.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 05-06-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    amazing shape, for any age really, congrats sir...........in the photos it shows you enjoyed the process it seems, or is more so 'fk its finally done' type of relief lol

Thanks man. I mostly enjoyed the training, but there were more than a few days that I had to dig pretty deep to find what I needed to get to the gym and maintain diet discipline. I thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of days, the final prep and the contest. And while I also welcomed the break from the bar the last two days and the post-contest chow-down (4 medium rare NY sirloins, 2 salmon steaks, a bowl of parmesan mashed potatoes and a bottle of Hedges Mountain Red), it's now Tuesday morning here and I'm headed back to the gym. There's another local contest end of June, and I want to see how much more I can refine the chassis and how much more horsepower I can add in the next 7 weeks - both, but the latter especially, to be assisted by a 6 week run of Parabolan, my first ever trip to the darkside. The gear is supposed to arrive this week.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Contest Update

Watching you through this process was inspiring enough to make me consider another run at it... if I didn't think my wife would leave me or at least heavily resent me over that decision. I'm not exactly the nicest person to be around when I am starving myself to leanness.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Watching you through this process was inspiring enough to make me consider another run at it... if I didn't think my wife would leave me or at least heavily resent me over that decision. I'm not exactly the nicest person to be around when I am starving myself to leanness.
    do it, and be nice anyway i'd be so in for that ride