Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Update

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contest Update

As a few people know, I am entered in the Masters' Division Mr Seoul 2013 contest. Now one week out. My coach also has put me into the Mr. Korea 2013 contest, as it is only eleven days later. In the meantime, the KBBF announced that I could "participate" but, because I'm a big-nosed, round-eye, I could not "compete", i.e., I'd be ineligible to win, place or show.

Since then, my Korean posse of gym buddies have been busy. Unbeknownst to me, they lobbied hard and got the KBBF to reverse its position. Now, however, KBBF has been over-ruled by its governing authority, 대한민국 제욕 협회, the Korean Athletic Association, which is an instrumentality of the Ministry of Tourism, Sports, etc. I was going to let the KBBF slide, but my "Don't Tread on Me" instincts went into high gear given the new circumstances of official government discrimination. So after briefly consulting with a staff member, who seemed to think I had a good case, I filed a complaint at 국가 인권위원회, the National Human Rights Commission.

Haven't heard back, and have no idea whether they will act quickly enough to make a difference. I may just have to win by acclamation.

"The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Contest Update

Is the current ruling affecting participation in both contests?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contest Update

Both, as KAA is the ultimate governing authority for both.

In Sept is the Korean iteration of Muscle Mania, though, and that is subject to a non-Korean federation, so i may enter that too and try to be the first non-Korean to win there. "Rangers lead the way"! A foreigner was in it last year, but came 2 in light heavyweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Contest Update

Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post
    Both, as KAA is the ultimate governing authority for both.

In Sept is the Korean iteration of Muscle Mania, though, and that is subject to a non-Korean federation, so i may enter that too and try to be the first non-Korean to win there. "Rangers lead the way"! A foreigner was in it last year, but came 2 in light heavyweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm wondering if the IFBB has any clout there and would be willing to make a call on your behalf.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperwer View Post

"Rangers lead the way"!
    Thats what I'm talking about! Go show em what your made of! Good luck man.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) USN HM 350Z's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck, hope they allow you to compete after all.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your condtioning and prep should be the only voice you need. what a shame. stay focued and confident.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the story is not different here. I am currently qualified for national events, but can't do it cuz I'm not an American citizen. Was gonna compete in June, but no more. November I compete just for shits and giggles since i can't pro through the npc on the count of being a non American

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I'm wondering if the IFBB has any clout there and would be willing to make a call on your behalf.

Thanks mate, but I'm inclined to give them an oppty to do the right thing on their own, given that it's their own constitution and legislation that's in issue. If they on't though,....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    Unfortunately the story is not different here. I am currently qualified for national events, but can't do it cuz I'm not an American citizen. Was gonna compete in June, but no more. November I compete just for shits and giggles since i can't pro through the npc on the count of being a non American
    That's interesting; I wouldn't have thought that would be the case. In any event, like you I'm going for it whether it's "official" or not; at the end of the day I'm really doing this for myself anyway and the most important thing I expect to get out of it is the journey itself and the physique and health that result.