Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: xxiv log

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In
    Looks like solid work man. Watched your videos too.
    Squat looked good, walking out in a garage is always fun!
    Bench, for bodybuilding was a good struggle. But to be honest I think you could probably already do 300+. Stay at a lower percentage and work on stability. Also some leg drive wouldn't hurt. I realize that your putting in work with what you've got and I'm also guilty of the "fuck it load it" max rep work. But you would probably be better served to stay at 250-275lbs range with lower reps. Then when you can go to someplace with a solid bench and a spotter get that max in!
    I think your dead looks good man!

All in all solid work man! I bet you'll get your goals!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the input sorrow, really appreciate it... and i got up 305 the other day... i am a douche and i have a problem.

I was actually thinking of your comp numbers earlier today and came to the conclusion that i really should just do a comp and see what i move in the real world.

My finger is more damaged that i was hoping to admit and my pulling has suffered, kinda sucks bad. Note to self, no more breakdancing.

I haven't gone super heavy on squats but i calculate to be nearing where i want to be.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    thanks for the input sorrow, really appreciate it... and i got up 305 the other day... i am a douche and i have a problem.

I was actually thinking of your comp numbers earlier today and came to the conclusion that i really should just do a comp and see what i move in the real world.

My finger is more damaged that i was hoping to admit and my pulling has suffered, kinda sucks bad. Note to self, no more breakdancing.

I haven't gone super heavy on squats but i calculate to be nearing where i want to be.
    I should train with the goal to be as strong as you are one day bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks but with your size in you older cycle pics I'd think you'd put my numbers to shame. I'd like to work towards strength and bulk forever but my body can't handle it. I've been lifting for nearly a year and I'm shot. Next year I would like to maintain my current strength and work on form but focus on hypertrophy and look like you... I think I'll even get a rib piece to celebrate getting abs again.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    thanks but with your size in you older cycle pics I'd think you'd put my numbers to shame. I'd like to work towards strength and bulk forever but my body can't handle it. I've been lifting for nearly a year and I'm shot. Next year I would like to maintain my current strength and work on form but focus on hypertrophy and look like you... I think I'll even get a rib piece to celebrate getting abs again.
    Haha yeah the rib piece was probably one of the worst kinds of pain I ever experienced, but it was worth it. That's why I need to get ripped again!!

And size does not always mean ''strenght''. It's funny because when I used to push way more, I looked more puny and tiny than I am now. I also tend to focus on the best proper movement, taking my time with every rep, contracting and stretching, holding it for about 2 seconds.. that's how I managed to see result in size. But little by little, I'm trying to stick with this kind of training, while reaching higher volume.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Haha yeah the rib piece was probably one of the worst kinds of pain I ever experienced, but it was worth it. That's why I need to get ripped again!!

And size does not always mean ''strenght''. It's funny because when I used to push way more, I looked more puny and tiny than I am now. I also tend to focus on the best proper movement, taking my time with every rep, contracting and stretching, holding it for about 2 seconds.. that's how I managed to see result in size. But little by little, I'm trying to stick with this kind of training, while reaching higher volume.
    There are alot of guys that have been preaching this for years on PP. Some times a focus on size and a focus on strength will not share the same pursuit. I know DJM is similar to me in this, but if someone asked me what my 1RM is for any lift, I would respond with "no idea" because I don't train for it. Hypertrophy just has always treated me much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xxivivmmiv 305 bench - YouTube

here's my vid for 305 from last week... not too bad looking. I'm happy with that, i was hoping for 315 by the end of the year but i think this is close enough.

I don't want to 1rm for anything anymore, I'm not going less than 5 unless it's a special occasion.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the excitement at the end X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I like the excitement at the end X
    i was actually in shock that i got it up. That lift felt like an hour.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you you could do it now. Good job man.