User Tag List

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: xxiv log

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing bro! Props!! Strength beyond strength!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Told you you could do it now. Good job man.
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Amazing bro! Props!! Strength beyond strength!
    thanks guys. I think if i put the kind of dedication I put into heavy flat benching into aesthetics and diet I can get pretty ripped, drop down a weight class or 2 and then come back to pure strength after i recuperate a little bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm am forced to cut my trenazone & mechabol cycle short due to a slight spillage. I lost a few days, no biggie, I reached my lifting goals and I'm kinda looking forward to pct and lightening my diet. I am 220ish, i was hoping to get up to 225 but i am getting too hefty.
    The way things are looking saturday will be my last day, once the trenazone is done I'm starting pct.

I did chest today and did not go below 8 reps. Nice and slow controlled movement.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice vids bro. Looking damn strong. You'll have 315 very soon.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    I'm am forced to cut my trenazone & mechabol cycle short due to a slight spillage.
    Damn that sucks. One of the downsides of liquids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Nice vids bro. Looking damn strong. You'll have 315 very soon.
    \

I'm not going near 315 again for awhile.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Damn that sucks. One of the downsides of liquids.
    it was only a few ml... I got more done in the first 3 weeks than i was hoping in 6 so it's no real loss.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks but with your size in you older cycle pics I'd think you'd put my numbers to shame. I'd like to work towards strength and bulk forever but my body can't handle it. I've been lifting for nearly a year and I'm shot. Next year I would like to maintain my current strength and work on form but focus on hypertrophy and look like you... I think I'll even get a rib piece to celebrate getting abs again.
    After my last 10 wk MASS V3 Solo run (when I was consuming over 5500 clean cals) I've been trying to figure exactly what amount of cals I need to maintain and gain strength. I'm currently at around 4000-4500 cals (with a clear six pack when flexed) and I'm deadlifting 495 consistently (rack pulling 2-3 inches off the ground at 550# PR this week), slowly increasing my bench (at 305-315 for my 1rm) and I just hit 320 floor presses this week, and squatting 505. I've been using the Westside barbell (ie conjugated method) as my training method for the past 5-6 months. I'll say that I'm hooked! I also do GPP and cardio sessions aside from my DE, ME, AND RE sessions to try and maintain my current leanness. The fact is, I'm looking to get stronger, it's that simple. I'm just not trying to gain too much fat in the process. I've been able to maintain a consistent uptick in strength by really working on my weaknesses (lower posterior chain, core, triceps, upper back, and rear delts).

I'm not trying to highjack your thread, I'm just giving you some hope that you can both add strength and size while lowering your overall cal intake. It may be a slower process, but just play with the food intake.

RRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    I'm not trying to highjack your thread, I'm just giving you some hope that you can both add strength and size while lowering your overall cal intake. It may be a slower process, but just play with the food intake.

RRR
    I appreciate your insight, the fact is... I'm not really sure what direction i want to go. I have traditionally lifted for strength and taken for granted that I stayed lean and aesthetic. now that I'm older the strength has come back but the aesthetics have gone out the window.

Before I dedicate the rest of my life to strength i'd like to give hypertrophy a try

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your insight, the fact is... I'm not really sure what direction i want to go. I have traditionally lifted for strength and taken for granted that I stayed lean and aesthetic. now that I'm older the strength has come back but the aesthetics have gone out the window.

Before I dedicate the rest of my life to strength i'd like to give hypertrophy a try
    I've been looking for this exact quote from Dave Tate for a couple days now... Here you go.

" My year is split into blocks that kind of repeat every year. I spend a few months in each. What are they? Mobility, strength, hypertrophy, and a diet phase." - Dave Tate

This is my new outlook on training. Training for strength is just 1 phase, but I always aim towards that goal... To become STRONG(ER).