Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: xxiv log

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: xxiv log

Stopping your resistance training in a cut is a sure fire way to amplify muscle loss. If you want to keep the muscle, you have to give it a reason to stay on you. Your strategy might help you hit numbers on the scale, but when it comes down to it, its the mirror, not the scale that tells the whole story.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Stopping your resistance training in a cut is a sure fire way to amplify muscle loss. If you want to keep the muscle, you have to give it a reason to stay on you. Your strategy might help you hit numbers on the scale, but when it comes down to it, its the mirror, not the scale that tells the whole story.
    I know but being in such a caloric deficit I feel like the weight training isn't going to be effective and will end up pushing me over the edge. I was hoping i could sneek in a few weeks without heavy training and just do lighter circuits and body weight exercises a few times a week just to keep the blood flowing.

The thought of losing hard earned muscle for the sake of abs does sound rediculous but i just want this cut to come to an end so I can get back to a regular routine and keep my bf in check this time. I'll give it a few more days and get back into my lifting routine and get back to reasonable calories.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: xxiv log

If only you could get some advice from someone who has gotten super lean before.... oh... wait.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to keep lifting, trust me.

One of the fastest lean outs I ever did consisted of this routine: (I was 185 lbs soft and cut to 170)

Strong lifts 5x5 MWF, abs T/Th, accessory isolation work Saturday
    Intermittent fasting until 5 pm every day
    11oxo 400 mg daily

6 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Caloric intake was restricted to one large post workout meal and one snack late at night.

I was eating 900-1700 calories per day depending on the day. I probably averaged 1400 with 180 G protein.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insane diet Weekend.... insane!!

xx, listen to them Jedi Masters. They speak wise words. Do not let go of the weights. Just be insane like weekend and lower cals, but GRADUALLY. The last digits of bodyfat% are the worst to burn for guys like you and me.... But you're almost there man.

p.s. Olddawg you actually ended up inspiring me with that rocky scene

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are all weak minded and need each other's help when having a weak moment. Well everyone except for me, when I am down, I go outside to the chickens, take my dick out, use a sharpie to draw dots on it to look like chicken scratch and let them peck away. After about 20 min of that, my focus drifts off of my weak mind and things return to normal again.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy lifting and post workout nutrition is the key to muscle mass maintenance for a natty. IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xxiv, where ya been dawg?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just coasting along, I've picked the weighs back up, i couldn't seem to get to where I wanted to be as far as my bf% goes so I'm going to switch back to a normal hypertrophic routine and diet and revisit cutting at a later date.

I've been kinda depressed, i know it's corny but my cat died on the first and it really got me down. He'd been sick for awhile but I just got him some new medicine, i thought I would have a little more time with him.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    just coasting along, I've picked the weighs back up, i couldn't seem to get to where I wanted to be as far as my bf% goes so I'm going to switch back to a normal hypertrophic routine and diet and revisit cutting at a later date.

I've been kinda depressed, i know it's corny but my cat died on the first and it really got me down. He'd been sick for awhile but I just got him some new medicine, i thought I would have a little more time with him.
    Really sorry to hear about your cat my friend. I can only imagine how difficult that must be, sometimes I feel closer to my pets than I feel for humans. It's like no matter how bad the day was or what mood you're in they're always there to provide comfort and make you feel better.

You were doing really good though on the shredding plan. Maybe try and catch your breath again and go for it once you feel stable mentally. I always stopped in the process of getting extremely ripped (except when I competed 8 years ago, but I lost soooo much muscle in the process).

You still got the whole year, we're only at the 2nd month now. 2014 is the ''get-ripped'' year brah!

Btw, how the weather there today? I heard from a friend in Philly that yesterday was jus chaos!