User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAA- your verdict?

D aspartic acid has been for a while on a market, vast majority of us here tried it- still I dont know much more about it than two years ago. We take things for granted, we hear and we repeat- but I'm really wondering how safe DAA really is? Can it really mess up receptors in brain? How many people had prolactin issues?
    I would like to hear your opinion, your experience, and particulary I would like to see some bloodworks if possible.
    Thanks!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DAA- your verdict?

I took part (mostly read) in a thread over at AM about the efficacy and safety of DAA. What the general consensus there was that it was only one study that showed it as an excitotoxin and deemed safe until further studies were done. However, it was said to be safe by people/companies with stakes in DAA.

I have full access to pubmed and I returned a few studies done on it but nothing conclusive. As far as I know, that's where it lies. It was shown to be an excitotoxin but not enough studies have been done to prove one way or another.

I've taken DAA before never had any problems with prolactin but I definitely get a little moody. Personal opinion is, if it fucks with my brain, the risk vs reward isn't worth it.

- Valdez
    Valdez

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is impossible to find something conclusive- personaly I had prolactin issues with DAA, but I had sometimes without DAA as well. Possibly it could be to E2-Thyroid connection or overstimulation of pituary? Some other complained as well about prolactin but bloodwork was insufficient.
    It seems to me that it work bit better for people with low estrogen, but there again I have any proof.
    Would be interesting to see how well it works for hypogonadal people with pituary issues and compare it with primary.
    That one study was done in Italy and on healthy people as well, so another qustion is would it really make difference for people who have problem with cholesterol-testosterone conversion.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Infamy pointed this one out to me:

D-Aspartic acid induced oxidative stress and mit... [Amino Acids. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

I wouldn't make DAA a regular habit.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't run it anymore unless it is in PCT. I've tried it stand-alone, but it was for 6 weeks and only because it was a new form of it that was getting great reviews.

My only problem is with normal DAA that is a powder / liquid oral, it tears up my gut. There is a concentrated form in a pill called "Intimidate" that is fantastic and doesn't mess with my stomach at all.

It does work though, I don't have bloods to prove it, but the effects are there.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I don't run it anymore unless it is in PCT. I've tried it stand-alone, but it was for 6 weeks and only because it was a new form of it that was getting great reviews.

My only problem is with normal DAA that is a powder / liquid oral, it tears up my gut. There is a concentrated form in a pill called "Intimidate" that is fantastic and doesn't mess with my stomach at all.

It does work though, I don't have bloods to prove it, but the effects are there.
    Is intimidate really that good? I feel like everyone says good things about it, but I dont have much faith in legal things these days.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    Is intimidate really that good? I feel like everyone says good things about it, but I dont have much faith in legal things these days.
    When you compare it to OTHER DAA products, yes, it is fantastic.

Comparing it to an actual AAS is just pointless.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just started paragon today which has the full dose of NMDA PLUS a bunch of other things. really looks like a solid product. we'll just have to wait and see. i'll start a log soon.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AresTS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DAA- your verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    Yes, it is impossible to find something conclusive- personaly I had prolactin issues with DAA, but I had sometimes without DAA as well. Possibly it could be to E2-Thyroid connection or overstimulation of pituary? Some other complained as well about prolactin but bloodwork was insufficient.
    It seems to me that it work bit better for people with low estrogen, but there again I have any proof.
    Would be interesting to see how well it works for hypogonadal people with pituary issues and compare it with primary.
    That one study was done in Italy and on healthy people as well, so another qustion is would it really make difference for people who have problem with cholesterol-testosterone conversion.
    Vs primary - in my opinion it couldn't hold weight. The long term effects still have yet to be studied in relation to how long the test stays at the 47% advertised raise in T. And with the possible neurological side effects I don't know of a reason to opt for that over synthetic. Maybe to avoid shut down?

Yea, DAA will do that to ya, its not necessarily the "concentrated" version. Its N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid. Which one would think being an excitotoxin, would have the same worries as DAA but iForce's stance is that since its only 30mg (if I recall correctly) there shouldn't be an issue.

Excitotoxins (ibotenic acid, quinolinic acid, N-methyl-D-aspartic acid) that produce the greatest impairments in memory were found to produce the greatest depletion of choline acetyltransferase in the amygdala.

Excitotoxic lesions of rat basal forebr - PubMed Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    With good reason

- Valdez
    Valdez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you compare it to OTHER DAA products, yes, it is fantastic.

Comparing it to an actual AAS is just pointless.
    Haha yeah i am not comparing to test...that will turn into another 7 page piss fest... some of you will remember that.