Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Pain

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoulder Pain

When I raise my left arm (palm down) to do side lat raises I get sharp pain & loss of strength in side delt area. If I raise the arm with palm facing inward there is no pain. I found an on line questionnaire that points to tendonitis. The pain started after I started the MI 40 program that incorporates 4 sec negatives. I am trying a supplement called "Recovery" by Purica. 1 week in. Not much relief yet.
    Ingredients:
    Nutricol (proprietary extracts of grape & green tea)
    msm 1000mg
    glucosamine 750mg
    vit c 400 mg
    betaine 200 mg magnesium 145 mg
    hyaluronic acid 25 mg
    in a base of organic hyperberry formula (blueberry ,blackberry, raspberry, cranberry)
    Questions....
    -Is there other products that would help with inflammation & recovery of tendons?
    -What would be good warm up exercises?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ingredients are per 5 capsules. To be taken 3 times a day before meals.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not super knowledgeable about the warmups, but I usually do arm circles (starting small and getting bigger), arm crossovers where I start with both arms folded across my chest and then pull them back behind myself, and stretches where i grab a belt in front then rotate shoulders all the way overhead and down in back until the belt touches my back. eric cressey has a shoulder article that's good. don't do anything that feels like it 'tweaks' your shoulder. foam rolling is also a standard recommendation. i can't describe here how to hit all angles of the shoulder but you can look it up pretty easy.

for the other part, I think Recovery is an excellent supplement. the nutricol will have anti-inflammatory and anti-catabolic properties that strengthen membrane and connective tissue matrix (i can post some stuff from the Recovery technical monograph if you want). i have degenerative disc and a bit of bursitis. i did notice better results when i added in a separate hyaluronic acid supplement. i bought the Swanson brand, 100mg, and take it once a day. people seem to like cissus too, and it has treated me well in the past, but recently it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

I do like recovery in large doses, like 3-4 servings/day. of course it gets expensive at this dosage, but I see you're in Canada so if you want it for cheeeeep message me and I can hook you up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely have to implement more warm up exercises. I have to try to not irritate it but, the shoulder is almost always a part of any upper body exercise. Will definitely read up what Eric has to say. My supplement guy mentioned the hyaluronic acid & turmeric. Thanks for the offer, I will see how this works & might get a hold of you when the bottles is half done.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Dcabedo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the same problem in my knees, but Forged joint repair and foam rolling alot more have helped calm the pain down a ton. Only time it feels slightly uncomfortable is when I squat.
    "Powerlifting is a manifestation of my hatred for humanity."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to try the roller on my shoulder. I have used it on the sciatic nerve. It helped a lot over time. Thing is I can press against my delt & have no pain.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Dcabedo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll do this every shoulder and chest day except I would use the little 5 lb. plate. Also helps me a ton.
    "Powerlifting is a manifestation of my hatred for humanity."

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tendonitis is an inflamation of the joint, you should give it a few weeks of rest. Applying hot/cold wil help decrease inflamation. Ibuprofen will help if the pain is intense. Like everyone is saying, when you get back to lifting a proper warmup is a good idea. Better shoulder/tricep /bicep mobility will help you get rid of shoulder problems forever (unless you're that guy that is swinging 100pds on lateral raises :P). Joint support might help it but rest is your best option

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry had to lol

that being said. cissus is a miracle worker here. the wife had nagging pains in her shoulder and neck. a week after starting cissus, it was mostly gone
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness