User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a DUI

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad no one was hurt, one of my buddies lost his license for 3 years for his second DUI. He learned his lesson and no one was hurt. I'm sure you will bounce back like my friend did. Wishing you all the best!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    So I've been debating on posting here for a few hours now and decided to do it.

Tallstraw this is NOT directed towards you in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. I do not know you and will not judge you.

Dwyer/Scope,

You really shouldn't be minimizing what has occured. He made a mistake that night, he could have killed someone and it certianly isn't something to downplay or say it isn't a big deal. He is blessed to not have seriously changed his life or someone else's life.

Tallstraw,

I just hope this opened your eyes.
    couldnt agree more
    friend of my brother's just passed, drunken car accident, no one hurt tho......not the first time the dude played with fire......hope you learned from this tallstraw, at the end of the day drunk driving doest show much maturity or care for anything

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LBC-83 View Post
    So I've been debating on posting here for a few hours now and decided to do it.

Tallstraw this is NOT directed towards you in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. I do not know you and will not judge you.

Dwyer/Scope,

You really shouldn't be minimizing what has occured. He made a mistake that night, he could have killed someone and it certianly isn't something to downplay or say it isn't a big deal. He is blessed to not have seriously changed his life or someone else's life.

Tallstraw,

I just hope this opened your eyes.
    LBC, same place here. didn't wanna sound like i was beating a guy while he was down and i hope straw figures out everything that is affecting his life negatively. That being said, the whole "no biggie, i got a DUI" is not something i personally subscribe to. I would think most people affected by drunk driving would have similar feelings.

straw, things will get better, bro. Better fortune will come and then it'll go again. What you have control over is better choices.

You're young, there's very little you won't have time to bounce back from. The longer you do the "adult thing" the more real problems you'll have. the good thing is, you also only get better at handling those issues.
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 islandmagic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he-she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn
    1. Trust yourself 2. Break some rules 3. Don't be afraid to fail 4. Ignore the naysayers 5. Work like hell 6. Give something back.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he-she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn
    I like this a lot. Great words brother!

Established Member Feedback Score 4 (100%) Enuke65's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you actually get charged or get a citation?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not trying to minimize it, just trying to put it in perspective.

.07 is below the legal limit of .08 where I live, and probably where you're at too. Driving after a beer or two isn't a moral failing that should make you re-examine your entire life. Don't beat yourself up over something petty.

With things like this it is best not to worry about what might happen, and instead focus on what you can actually make happen. All that stressing out is going to do is put you in a catabolic state.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enuke65 View Post
    Did you actually get charged or get a citation?
    Yeah, when I've had time to calm down, and talk with lawyers it's getting easier. My SGM shrugged this off because I was below the limit. They have a patsy who blew way high and she's being made an example of. Most DUI's are punished severely here, idk how it is at any other bases. My 1SG shrugged it off because my SGM did, and left it up to my NCOIC. My NCOIC is making me do a substance abuse and alcohol presentation for the shop. I wasnt given any citation, or charge, and don't think I have been. I was given the impound receipt, and a copy of my breathylyzer results. From what lawyers are telling me. They DOL shouldn't be going after my license so I should be okay, and the DA or something, will decide if they wanna make a case of me, based off the BAC, my demeanor, the way I was driving, the Trooper's notes and account of things, and any audio and video of the event. Almost every lawyer told me that whenever the video, or audio is something that would exonerate or be a big part of a dismissal, is needed. It's always damaged, or missing. However if they have a video or audio 9/10 times, the client looks like crap and it's a big help for the prosecutor.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you hear that? That's the sound of shit blowing over. Keep your head down until it's gone.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do, I'm gonna voulunteer for yhr drunk van for a few weekends. Do the ASAP alcohol course, and try to use that as good measure on my part incase it does go to court.