Life can certainly be worse. One night after my senior prom while at a party at my house, 3 state troopers came to my front door and rang the doorbell. My parent were home, so we hid the keg and my dad answered the door; he went out alone. After a few minutes talking with the troopers outside, he came back in with a look of Death on his face. The troopers had just let know dad my that his eldest son (my brother and best friend) was just killed in a car accident 5 minutes from the house. My dad just broke down to his knees crying at my feet, and I had to idea what had happened. He eventually told us all what had happened when he stopped his crying and screaming.

It's going to be 10 years since Ryan passed away on May 18th. I sit here thinking of the good old time we had together. Most great, some bad, but ALL remembered and never forgotten. I went through a very difficult time of depression and drug abuse during that time, but my faith in the Lord, my family and friends made things much more bearable. I still morn my brothers death, but I know he's in a better place waiting for us all to reunite again.

What I've learned from this all is that you can't sweat the small stuff. Love your family, cherish the good and the bad, for all these experiences will make us stronger.

Peace,
RRR