Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Round II

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round II

Sounds like everything is going as well or better than one could expect, both with the parabolan and with the contest prep.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Hell yeah this is looking like a solid run straight to the spotlight and the admiration you deserve!
    Ary you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to ME? Are YOU talkin' to me? Are YOU talkin' to ME?

Thanks, man.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Sounds like everything is going as well or better than one could expect, both with the parabolan and with the contest prep.
    Yep.

I guess I should also mention the recomp effects of the tren. Largely because of the contest prep diet, I haven't put on much mass - 3 pounds last time I measured, maybe as much as 4-5 now - and it's basically replaced lard. There has been a noticeable reshaping of a lot of muslces groups, though, especially chest, shoulders, arms and back (the back also has benefitted mightily from the Pilates stuff, as I can now protract and retract my scapulae without moving my arms or rounding my shoulders forwards and back - a big advantage for doing lat spreads). In some ways, at least on a restricted caloric intake, the effects of Parabolan are quite subtle, especially on a day to day basis, although the cumulative effect is also noticeable and very satisfying. Next go, I think I'll try to use it as part of a mass-gain cycle and see hw that goes - unless anyone has any better suggestions about a grandpa's little helper for that purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beauty of the trenbolone compound is its versatility. Great recomp effects as you noted and added strength when normally it would be expected to decrease (being hypocaloric). Even much speedier recovery from workouts and DOMS when low calories would normally slow recovery significantly.

On the flip side, it makes a great addition to a bulking cycle. It's ability to repartition nutrients and slow the accumulation of adipose tissue in a hypercaloric environment is remarkable. It's strength building properties are enhanced in the hypercaloric as well.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beauty of the trenbolone compound is its versatility. Great recomp effects as you noted and added strength when normally it would be expected to decrease (being hypocaloric). Even much speedier recovery from workouts and DOMS when low calories would normally slow recovery significantly.

On the flip side, it makes a great addition to a bulking cycle. It's ability to repartition nutrients and slow the accumulation of adipose tissue in a hypercaloric environment is remarkable. It's strength building properties are enhanced in the hypercaloric as well.

You say it makes a great addition to a bulking cycle. I'm not rushing into anything, but I wonder with what else you ideally would stack it for mass building. I figure if I want to plan another cycle for sometime early next year, the best thing would be to get my order in now, because one thing I have learned is that there are big delays getting gear here from reputable sources. I'm a little leery about "bulking", because I really don't much want to spend a lot of time putting on weight that I then will have to work hard to carve off - although I understand that to some degree that is just the way it works. If the amount of the unwanted bulk can be minimized to some extent by using Parabolan again, then the question is what AAS would you recommend for the mass building?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. I didn't actually mean to word it that way, as trenbolone with your TRT would work. However, one usually associates a bulking cycle with a wet compound. This opens it up to several compounds , including orals.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 06-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question. I didn't actually mean to word it that way, as trenbolone with your TRT would work. However, one usually associates a bulking cycle with a wet compound. This opens it up to several compounds , including orals.
    I guess I'm taking the trt for granted as just getting back in the land of the living ; but I take your point.

The implication is that I will have to dramatically increase my intake of that other potent anabolic - FOOD - and figure out how to do so without packing on a lot of fat in the process. I may have a go at doing the strict version of Duchaine's Body Opus protocol (which I have been rereading - it's very well written) to get down to 3-4% (for Round 3 in early September), then adjust it to shift the emphasis from preserving muscle while cutting to building muscle while maintaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to chuckle at your "getting back to the land of the living" comment. Understood. Again, I wasn't fully clear, but you read between the lines and understood that it was about hypercaloric intake for bulking vs a maintenance intake. There really are lots of options beyond tren, of course. Simply upping your TRT dose to 500/wk would also have a noticeable effect on your body. Test/deca is a popular bulking stack that is great on "old guy pains". It lubricates the joints well and is pretty easy on the body.

I could go on, but I don't want to interrupt the flow of your contest thread.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 06-23-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to chuckle at your "getting back to the land of the living" comment. Understood. Again, I wasn't fully clear, but you read between the lines and understood that it was about hypercaloric intake for bulking vs a maintenance intake. There really are lots of options beyond tren, of course. Simply upping your TRT dose to 500/wk would also have a noticeable effect on your body. Test/deca is a popular bulking stack that is great on "old guy pains". It lubricates the joints well and is pretty easy on the body.

I could go on, but I don't want to interrupt the flow of your contest thread.
    Upping my TRT dose that much would be a real chore, since I'm using the topical; next time I see the endo, though, I will ask him about switching over to injections. Now that I've gotten so good at the Para injects, what's a few more per week, eh?

As far as contest prep goes, I'm continuing to lean out and getting dramatically stronger - even though, according to my coach, I've shrunk some during the last week, apparently because I've been overdoing the calorie restriction, especially carbs. Normally, he's have me eating three medium size of one of the two varieties of local sweat potatoes the last two days before the contest, but now he wants me to start today. And increase the cardio to offset any diversion of the carbs to fat.

Did the next to last shot of Parabolan before the contest today. Will do another Wednesday, and that's it - at least for a month to six weeks. My final appearance during the local contest season will be 2 months later in September at the local iteration of Muscle Mania, where there is no Masters Division and I will be competing against the 20-30 somethings in the regular heavyweight division. Yikes! Looking ahead, I am considering another little four week Para run in August before Muscle Mania, but I won't make any decisions about that until the end of July, when I'll assess where I'm at then. I only plan to take off a couple days after Sunday's contest, but then I'll be in Bali as the corporate spouse for two weeks, and I'm not sure how much I'll get done. At best a couple of deload weeks in a hotel gym, I suppose, which the old bones probably could use by that time.

I continue to be amazed at how smooth this ride is, especially compared to the PH "tren" products with which I am familiar. There just isn't any comparison, especially when it comes to sides (of which I have had essentially none on Para).

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call BS, this guy's obviously a Tren rep.