Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Round II

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round II

So I'm out of the Mr Korea contest; their response to the complaint I filed with the human rights commission has been to bar me even from participating. Kind of stupid really since such egregious conduct - punishing someone for exercising their legal rights - just further strengthens my original case against being excluded from full competition on the grounds of national origin/ethnicity/race. The human rights commission investigation process commences this week...

In the meantime, I've signed into another local contest in the central district of Seoul, sort of the equivalent of Mr. Manhattan, if you will. It's June 30(?)(I need to double-check the date).

I thought it might be interesting for you guys if I logged the process, because with the pics and stats from the contest last weekend there's a solid baseline and, as I will be popping my cherry with a first time ever AAS run of Parabolan, it should be especially interesting to document a noob experience w/ Tren and to compare the results from a juiced prep against those just achieved w/out any AAS/PH input.

I actually started back at the training on Monday, and i expect to start the gear next week (assuming it arrives this week as anticipated.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 05-13-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in for this!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funny how similar out situation is lol
    https://www.facebook.com/pklima.fitness

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in for this, too. This should be a good read/learning experience. My cherry is gonna get popped soon....real soon.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In it to win it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opening Stats

Opening Stats:

Height: 190cm
    Weight: 97.90 kg (up 2.9kg from Mr. Seoul Contest)
    Skeletal Muscle Mass: 52.20 kg
    Body Fat Mass: 7.30 kg
    B/F % 7.50%

Total Body Water: 66.30 kg
    Protein: 17.90 kg
    Total Mineral/Osseous 6.39 / 5.24 kg

Chest: 114.2 cm
    Waist: 93.3 cm
    Hips: 102.6 cm
    Waist/Hip Ratio: .91

Right Arm: 37.3 cm
    Left Arm: 37.1 cm
    Right Leg: 59.3 cm
    Left Leg: 59.1 cm
    Neck: 39.7 cm

Indicative BMI: 27.1
    Basal Metabolic Rate: 2326.0

It's interesting to me that compared to my gym stable-mate, who also participated in the contest and who gained 6 kg within 2 days afterwards, I've only gained back 2.9 kg in nearly a week and, of that, 2.5 kg is lean muscle mass - despite the fact that I have had the nose-bag tied on since right after the contest. That night I ate 4 NY strip sirloins, 2 salmon steaks, a bowl of parmesan mashed potatoes, and a bowl of peas and washed it down with a bottle of Hedges Mountain Red. Since then, I've cut back my protein consumption to normal, but still have been eating 3-4 times the amounts of carbs (80-120 grams) or more as during the 12 weeks of contest prep. I did start right back in at the gym the day after the contest, but haven't done any cardio - just lifted heavy (basically my approach has been and continues to be to increase reps, weight or both on every exercise every session w/ a minimum of 8 reps per exercise on the last set), so I'm also working at the edge of my increasingly heavy 8 rep envelope. So I guess it's fair to conclude that the additional carb intake is fueling real muscle growth as a result of the heavy lifting. Can't wait to see what the Parabolan is going to do to that.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 05-13-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The word is that the gear is due to arrive Wednesday. i've already got night sweats myself just thinking about my rat getting his first dose - actually I think's that's the Vanillean i'm taking as a precaution against rapid post-contest weight gain now that I'm eating carbs - even if only good carbs - again. It seems to be having the desired effect, as i'm now only up 3kg (and down nearly .9 kg of fat since last week) and it's all lean mass; the carbs are fueling a visibly noticeable increase in muscle mass as I only took a day off after the contest and have continued lifting like I was still in prep - which effectively I am for the next contest at the end of June. I'll post up daily progress reports starting today and then backfill the past week's workouts tomorrow.

Today was chesticles. After warming up with my routine of static and dynamic stretches, it looked like this:

Incline Dumb Bell Presses

20 x 12.5s (kg)
    20 x 15s
    15 x 17.5s
    15 x 20s
    10 x 22.5s

Incline Barbell Presses

20 x 20 (kg)
    20 x 40
    20 x 60
    15 x 70
    10 x 90
    5 x 100 (struggled: 1/4, 1/4, 1/2, 1/2, full ROM)

Cable Crossovers

20 x 12.5s (kg)
    20 x 15s
    15 x 17.5s
    15 x 20s

Dips

20 x (33)
    10 x BW
    10 X BW
    10 X BW

Cardio

60 minutes @ ~ 120 bpm -- ~ 420 kcals.

I try to be VERY strict on form, both overall and in terms of focusing on maximum contraction and extension on each rep, but also managing ROM so that the muscle is always under tension, i.e., no stealing little rests at either the bottom or top end. There's usually someone in the know nearby watching to scold if it looks like I'm even thinking about cheating.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 05-13-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Jack O'Neill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round II

I'm in!

What's your height? Didn't find it in your stats
    Do you intend to post pics to see before/after?
    - I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that workin' out for ya?
    Col. Jack O'Neill - Stargate SG1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
    I'm in!

What's your height? Didn't find it in your stats
    Do you intend to post pics to see before/after?
    Whoops.

190 cm height (used to be 193, but I've shrunk over the years, partly due to accelerated compression from too many para jumps back in the day)

See current pics here (1 week ago at the Mr Seoul contest (senior masters division - I'm 64)

http://www.swolesource.com/forum/per...-update-3.html

Will post contest pics ~ July 1.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 05-13-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round II

WTF?

I'm now down to 94 kg, 1.5 kg less than contest weight 11 days ago, even though i've been eating a ton, including large amounts of carbs - before bed no less - and have done a grand total of 45 minutes of cardio. Good news is it's all fat, as i keep adding (increasingly small) amounts of muscle and weight and reps keep going up. The only real change in my routine has been to add pilates/myofascial manipulation/ chiro three times a week to attack my serious thoracic, scapular and lumbar mobility problems. That's all challenging, especially as a hat trick w/in 2 hours, but i can't see it explaining the weight loss as it doesn't use that many kcals. What's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sperwer; 05-14-2013 at 08:23 PM.